LCHS Cheerleaders NOT going to Nation...

LCHS Cheerleaders NOT going to Nationals?

Posted in the Vanceburg Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Rumor

Lexington, KY

#1 Dec 14, 2011
Heard at school, that after their hard work and competing in Tennesse and receiving a bid to go to Nationals, the cheerleading coach decided that the cheerleaders would not be going to Florida to compete. Don't seem fair to the cheerleaders, especially when they have been selling bake goods and their parents have been doing fundraisers,to pay for the expense.
haha

Ashland, KY

#2 Dec 15, 2011
who cares...it's cheerleading.
Umm

Columbus, OH

#3 Dec 15, 2011
Rumor wrote:
Heard at school, that after their hard work and competing in Tennesse and receiving a bid to go to Nationals, the cheerleading coach decided that the cheerleaders would not be going to Florida to compete. Don't seem fair to the cheerleaders, especially when they have been selling bake goods and their parents have been doing fundraisers,to pay for the expense.
I didn't think that going to Nationals was quite on LC's level?
Typically a squad goes to nationals because they are REALLY good, and do A LOT of stunts and tumbling.
Uhm

Columbus, OH

#4 Dec 15, 2011
LCHS cheerleaders this year is the best squad LC has ever had. They have unbelieveable talent. I think the reasoning for them not going is the cost, it is like $1000 a girl to go and LC or the parents are not prepared for such an expense and the money had to be in by the end of year. From what the coach said, everyone was in agreeance that this was not feasible this year.
unm

Olive Hill, KY

#5 Dec 15, 2011
Umm wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think that going to Nationals was quite on LC's level?
Typically a squad goes to nationals because they are REALLY good, and do A LOT of stunts and tumbling.
The squad this year has alot of tumbling and stunts. At the ball games you dont see it because the girls have to have mats out to do alot of the tumbling and stunts so they dont get hurt. These girls have been working very hard all year and yes they did get a bid to go to nationals so that must say something about them. The reason they are not going is because of the cost. Cheerleading doesnt get much support (money) from the school. These girls have to raise it, and they dont have enough time to get it all. Thanks to all who have helped support these girls from the baked goods/ candles/canlendars. They are still going to compete in Kapos, so the money will still be use. Thank you
Umm

Columbus, OH

#6 Dec 15, 2011
They need mats to do that stuff? I've been to several games at Greenup County High School and those girls do their Nationals routines sometimes at halftime of the games. They don't put out those mats?

I could honestly tell you that from what I've seen of the LC cheerleaders now and in the past, they wouldn't fit in well at the Nationals competition! People may feel sorry for them there?
uuu

Olive Hill, KY

#7 Dec 15, 2011
Umm wrote:
They need mats to do that stuff? I've been to several games at Greenup County High School and those girls do their Nationals routines sometimes at halftime of the games. They don't put out those mats?
I could honestly tell you that from what I've seen of the LC cheerleaders now and in the past, they wouldn't fit in well at the Nationals competition! People may feel sorry for them there?
I seen Greenups routine for natioanls this year and it isnt very good at all. They had mostly seniors on the squad last year and yes they was pretty good. Our Lc team is mostly freshman girls and they have some very good tumblers on the team. Yes they got a bid to nationals so apparently LC does have what it takes to compete at the nationals. Maybe if people from LC would show more support for our Cheerleaders they would have had the 20 grand to go to nationals..
ProudConservativ e

United States

#8 Dec 15, 2011
It concerns me the people of Lewis County is more concerned about the Cheerleading team than the academics. I'm so sick and tired of sports being everything in Lewis County.
okey dokey

Vanceburg, KY

#9 Dec 17, 2011
uuu wrote:
<quoted text>
I seen Greenups routine for natioanls this year and it isnt very good at all. They had mostly seniors on the squad last year and yes they was pretty good. Our Lc team is mostly freshman girls and they have some very good tumblers on the team. Yes they got a bid to nationals so apparently LC does have what it takes to compete at the nationals. Maybe if people from LC would show more support for our Cheerleaders they would have had the 20 grand to go to nationals..
Why didn't the coaches husband sponsor them to go? I'm sure he has the money. If only the cheerleading parents were as rich as they like to believe and pretend they are, then they would have no trouble paying for their own daughters expenses to the Nationals. They are the snootiest bunch of parents I have ever seen, just watch them at some game and see how they carry themselves.
True

Dawsonville, GA

#10 Dec 17, 2011
okey dokey wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't the coaches husband sponsor them to go? I'm sure he has the money. If only the cheerleading parents were as rich as they like to believe and pretend they are, then they would have no trouble paying for their own daughters expenses to the Nationals. They are the snootiest bunch of parents I have ever seen, just watch them at some game and see how they carry themselves.
This is so true!You'd think they were out there cheering themselves,the way they act.I know the background of some of these people and beleive me they have no right to snob anyone else.
sara

United States

#11 Dec 17, 2011
The girls aren't that good. The parents act like high heaven and have almost nothing.Show me a GOOD cheerleader there. Just one!
Truth

Grayson, KY

#12 Dec 18, 2011
I go to LCHS and I would like to see more focus put on the academic team,etc.There are alot of good students at LCHS but they don't get as much praise as some of these sports players.As for the cheerleaders and their parents,they think that popularity is everything,and some of them do look down on and judge other people but they better grow up and teach their kids what is really important because their nonsense won't work outside of Lewis County,when they go to college rhey will be in for a shock.
ProudConservativ e

Mount Vernon, OH

#13 Dec 18, 2011
Truth wrote:
I go to LCHS and I would like to see more focus put on the academic team,etc.There are alot of good students at LCHS but they don't get as much praise as some of these sports players.As for the cheerleaders and their parents,they think that popularity is everything,and some of them do look down on and judge other people but they better grow up and teach their kids what is really important because their nonsense won't work outside of Lewis County,when they go to college rhey will be in for a shock.
I don't think we should even pay attention to the academic team. We need to pay attention to the academics first! The books we have in the high school, most are 7+ years old. Thats insane! If they took the time and money they put and sports, and put it in academics, this school may actually rank in the top 10 Kentucky schools. We have the will powers, and the brains, just not the resources.
Excuse

Lexington, KY

#14 Dec 18, 2011
unm wrote:
<quoted text>
The squad this year has alot of tumbling and stunts. At the ball games you dont see it because the girls have to have mats out to do alot of the tumbling and stunts so they dont get hurt. These girls have been working very hard all year and yes they did get a bid to go to nationals so that must say something about them. The reason they are not going is because of the cost. Cheerleading doesnt get much support (money) from the school. These girls have to raise it, and they dont have enough time to get it all. Thanks to all who have helped support these girls from the baked goods/ candles/canlendars. They are still going to compete in Kapos, so the money will still be use. Thank you
If it cost so much to go to Nationals, then why did the Cheerleaders and parents even go to Tennessee and compete for a bid for the nationals? One has to think that someone would have checked into all of that before they went and competed anyway. I am sure that it cost a lot of $$ to go to Tennessee, stay in a hotel room for two nights, eating out and the fuel that it took to drive down there. Not to mention that every cheerleader was required to have a parent or guardian to attend as well. Some of the parents took days off of work to support their daughter. Something sounds a little fishy with all of this. Was it truly the expense of going to Nationals or did something else happen that someone is trying to hide? And as far as the mats go, that is absurd. I know a lot of girls that has cheered in the past, including the coaches daughter and they did not have to use mats to tumble. If it is a requirement to make the squad, then they need to be made to tumble during the ball season, period. But then again, it isn't really what you can or can not do, it is according who your parents are and who they know in any extra-curricular activity. Sure glad that my daughter did not try out for the squad this year. Sounds like a lot of drama, drama, drama!
Excuse

Lexington, KY

#15 Dec 18, 2011
uuu wrote:
<quoted text>
They was pretty good, really! Greenup Co. won the overall championship at nationals and all you can say is that they were pretty good. GC always goes to Nationals, so don't expect them not to be there. I am not saying that the LC team doesn't have talent, but why even go and compete in Tennessee, if the girls is not going to Nationals in Feb. And as far as 20k goes, did no one take the time to see what the cost of going to nationals would be? If the girls was raising money and selling desserts to start the fundraising, 1k per cheerleader would not be that hard to raise by Feb. Yes it would take a lot of time and effort, but with any sport, you know what would be expexted of you before you try-out. If anything, all of this has really hurt the cheerleaders. Get their spirits up, just be to let down by the coach and the school.
sara

United States

#16 Dec 18, 2011
The cheerleaders themselves can't even speak to you as they are up in high heaven, the way they act, I am happy they don't get to go. hahahahahahaha
KGB

Fayetteville, NC

#17 Dec 18, 2011
ProudConservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we should even pay attention to the academic team. We need to pay attention to the academics first! The books we have in the high school, most are 7+ years old. Thats insane! If they took the time and money they put and sports, and put it in academics, this school may actually rank in the top 10 Kentucky schools. We have the will powers, and the brains, just not the resources.
If it worked that way it would be easy. But money comes in for sports and has to be spent on that. Then whatever money is sent for supplies is going to be used for that.
sara

United States

#18 Dec 19, 2011
IF I were related to any of the teachers or former teachers, I would have a great job. WOWEEE.
ProudConservativ e

Elyria, OH

#19 Dec 19, 2011
KGB wrote:
<quoted text>If it worked that way it would be easy. But money comes in for sports and has to be spent on that. Then whatever money is sent for supplies is going to be used for that.
It can work that way. I'm sure you're talking about grants, since that's the excuse that everyone uses. But here's the thing, those grants could be made out to academics instead of sports. Simple fix.
Just my two cents

Ashland, KY

#20 Dec 19, 2011
Bitter bitter people.
Sara you are a very jealous person.
Grants are set for specific purpose. If a grant comes in for books it is spent on books. If you don't like that take it up with Frankfort. The girls work hard to be good at what they do. You may not think so but they enjoy it and take pride in it. Good for them. What do all you negative Nancies take pride in? NOTHING. The only thing you even attempt to do in life is drag the rest of the world down to your level of self loathing.
So girls take pride in the fact that you earned a spot, know that you can make it. Keep up the good work start the fund raising now for next year and rub it in all these jerks faces for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vanceburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
randy kimbler 1 hr puppypoop 2
Patrick francia 1 hr Unknown 1
dollar general 5 hr Family 14
Tim Huffman (May '17) Sat Frogger 8
Charters Music Thread (Apr '17) Sat Musikologist 3
Superior Fibers (Apr '11) Sat Smh 13
Erika Morgan (Dec '14) Sat rayray 32

Vanceburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance