Know anyone hiring right now? Need a ...

Know anyone hiring right now? Need a job :(

Posted in the Vanceburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bad Luck

Macon, GA

#1 Dec 23, 2009
At a loss here, looking for something around Vanceburg maybe. . . .
What kind of work

Warwick, MD

#2 Dec 23, 2009
What kind of work are you looking for? Would you pass a criminal background check and a drug screening? Have to ask...sorry.
someone interested

Morehead, KY

#4 Dec 25, 2009
if they cant i can and i also need a job
Tosha

Whitney, TX

#5 Dec 25, 2009
I need a job also I can pass a drug test and have never been in any kind of trouble so that wont be a problem !!!!!
dreama

Owingsville, KY

#6 Dec 25, 2009
i really can can pass all the test so do you have a job to offer
GEE

Campbellsville, KY

#7 Dec 26, 2009
The several jobs available in V-burg go to the criminals in the Detention Center. It's sad that one must be a convict in order to find work in this town. I know the econonmy is bad all over but working for a living is not just a duty it used to be a privilege for the non-criminal citizenry. So maybe we should all try to get a class-D felony conviction when we run out of work so we can do those jobs. I understand it includes room and board and meals!
Tosha

Wellington, TX

#8 Dec 26, 2009
What kind of work wrote:
What kind of work are you looking for? Would you pass a criminal background check and a drug screening? Have to ask...sorry.
If u know a job or have one please reply back I really need a job !!!!!!!! or u can email me at tllb2000@yahoo.com . If u have a job u could also give me ur email and I can send a resume .
Have you tried it

AOL

#9 Dec 27, 2009
Have you all tried Smithville in Grayson? You know the ham factory? I am sure you will hear alot of bad things about it but I have worked there and it is really not that bad at all. They pay really good money to for this area. It really is worth checking out.
Tosha

Wellington, TX

#10 Dec 28, 2009
do u go to the factory to apply or threw a temp service ?
icky

Wagoner, OK

#11 Dec 28, 2009
Tosha wrote:
do u go to the factory to apply or threw a temp service ?
tosha go to the factory to apply my nephew dustin works over there he has been there about 2 months makes good money so if i was u i would try there
Tosha

Wellington, TX

#12 Dec 28, 2009
thanks for the info
Smithfield

Jackson, KY

#13 Dec 28, 2009
I worked for smithfield for quite a while and the pay is really good, but it can also be pretty bad. They have their "seasons" where ham is in high demand and you make a lot of money, especially if you work second shift (more overtime pay) but in the down time I was making maybe a little over a hundred a week, which barely paid for the bills/food and gas.
There were times I felt I wouldn't survive, however, I met some people working there that managed $600 checks and I often made $300 and even well over $400 per week.
So good luck peeps. Hope you get hired in, the people are pretty nice and the work really isn't all that bad :)
My car broke down and I fixed it several times until my wallet finally got emptied out and so now I have no car and no job. Times are rough, so if anyone hears of a really good job nearby I should be able to get a ride if it's near Garrison.
I can pass a drug test, have no criminal record and a very fast typing speed, plus I also have 2 years of college under my belt. If anyone can help me out, please do. I'm very desperate and feeling very depressed. It's not like me to go without work for so long and I don't even get unemployment!
kat

Winder, GA

#14 Dec 28, 2009
they work you to death if you take nite shift at the ham place,but it is good pay
smithfield

Pikeville, KY

#15 Jan 21, 2010
I know this is a late answer, but.. you go to the factory and they can have you fill out an application. From there they'll call you.
Believe me they'll call you, unless you have a criminal record or can't pass a drug test. They'll hire anything that breathes and has a pulse (humanoid variety is a plus)
paula

Vanceburg, KY

#16 Jan 22, 2010
smithfield wrote:
I know this is a late answer, but.. you go to the factory and they can have you fill out an application. From there they'll call you.
Believe me they'll call you, unless you have a criminal record or can't pass a drug test. They'll hire anything that breathes and has a pulse (humanoid variety is a plus)
would you have any idea what time the shifts starts?1st and 2nd is there a 3rd?i think i would wont to work 2nd shift.
yyy

Broken Arrow, OK

#17 Jan 23, 2010
kat wrote:
they work you to death if you take nite shift at the ham place,but it is good pay
they r working 4-5 days a week rit now andthey r hiring i sn th sign and my brother son dustin works thre bn thre 3 months
yyy

Broken Arrow, OK

#18 Jan 23, 2010
2nd shilft is fron 4-2 but somtims u gt offat 1
wildfire

Cleveland, GA

#19 Jan 23, 2010
my friend works there and right now they have him down to 3 days a week,he works night shift and when he first started he had to work all the time
Samuel wilson

United States

#20 Feb 24, 2011
o
GEE wrote:
The several jobs available in V-burg go to the criminals in the Detention Center. It's sad that one must be a convict in order to find work in this town. I know the econonmy is bad all over but working for a living is not just a duty it used to be a privilege for the non-criminal citizenry. So maybe we should all try to get a class-D felony conviction when we run out of work so we can do those jobs. I understand it includes room and board and meals!
I need A jod call me 901_644 7513
jimmyjoe

Slate Spring, MS

#21 Oct 9, 2011
How about now is the plant still hiring on 2nd shift? And about how much does that shift start out. I need a job. Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vanceburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a male friend 5 hr Gravy 5
baby daddy 6 hr Lanny 4
Rats in vanceburg 9 hr Good 9
Kayla Johnson Arrasmith 20 hr Poor kids 29
Coroplast? Wed dot 1
Matt willis Tue who is 1
harley rickett (May '09) Feb 20 Anonymous 27

Vanceburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance