Wondering

Nicholasville, KY

#1 Jan 25, 2013
Could someone help me understand something about healthcare. And the new laws? I have a private carrier, which is costing me a lot of money monthly. I went to try and get Aetna and was denied for pre existing. I have bcbs currently, but switching would save me tremendously. I may have to just not have any insurance because I cannot afford it any longer. I have mine privately. But anyway, I thought that once you have insurance, you can not be denied? And if a person cannot afford it, then what? I don't understand what the new healthcare laws are protecting??? They certainly aren't for my benefit. And also, before someone says get a medical card. I don't have children in my home so that's not an option. Really would like some TRUE information. And please refrain from crazy responses. I just need some direction on this matter. Thanks for your time!
hmmm

Morehead, KY

#2 Jan 25, 2013
well this might help or not...but anyway here goes...pre-existing they don't have to cover for the first year then after that they will cover. Or at least that is what most of them are like. But I didn't think they could deny you insurance. Plus did they ask you to prove that you have insurance currently? That has something to do with it as well
Concerned

Morehead, KY

#3 Jan 25, 2013
I thought the same thing about pre-existing. With the new laws, who knows. Nobody knows what is in them. Good Luck.
badd

Florence, SC

#4 Jan 25, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Could someone help me understand something about healthcare. And the new laws? I have a private carrier, which is costing me a lot of money monthly. I went to try and get Aetna and was denied for pre existing. I have bcbs currently, but switching would save me tremendously. I may have to just not have any insurance because I cannot afford it any longer. I have mine privately. But anyway, I thought that once you have insurance, you can not be denied? And if a person cannot afford it, then what? I don't understand what the new healthcare laws are protecting??? They certainly aren't for my benefit. And also, before someone says get a medical card. I don't have children in my home so that's not an option. Really would like some TRUE information. And please refrain from crazy responses. I just need some direction on this matter. Thanks for your time!
yup
Wondering

Greenup, KY

#5 Jan 26, 2013
hmmm wrote:
well this might help or not...but anyway here goes...pre-existing they don't have to cover for the first year then after that they will cover. Or at least that is what most of them are like. But I didn't think they could deny you insurance. Plus did they ask you to prove that you have insurance currently? That has something to do with it as well
No I wasn't asked to provide proof. But I did put it on the application. And was still denied. It's is all frustrating. And I don't know where to turn. You work all your life, and then when you need some answers or assistance it seems like a person that has worked all their life cannot get anything. Very depressing. And in order to get any answers, a person has to lose everything they have worked hard to pay for!
In awe

Wellington, TX

#6 Jan 29, 2013
You know I called and tried to get some health care through BCBS and was denied coverage. I even told them I currently have cobra and its BCBS. They said I had pre existing conditions that even though I have current coverage that they would not accept me as a customer for private insurance. Even though I have it now. All they said was sorry but you probably can't get coverage anywhere. What the heck? What is a person to do? No kids so I can't get medical card. Not old enough for Medicare. Not disabled! Where is the "healthcare reform" that's suppose to help me get coverage?????? I really really, really need assistance with this! I cannot afford $1000.00 each month for cobra ins/ via BCBS any longer.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#7 Jan 30, 2013
Wondering wrote:
yes
Confused

Ashland, KY

#8 Jan 30, 2013
reader1985 wrote:
<quoted text>yes
Yes to what? I'm interested in this topic also. Would like to hear how others are dealing with getting a private insurance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vanceburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
don't cross that county line 4 hr To all the cucks 19
Wh*r*s??! Jul 17 Vanceburg 7
Timmy Corns (Jun '11) Jul 16 smh 29
Doobie williams Jul 12 Poop for Brains 2
Married Jul 11 Ciara 29
What happened? Jul 10 Worried 1
echo hills apartments (Oct '11) Jul 10 confused 49

Vanceburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance