First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LC gossip girl

Ashland, KY

#1 Mar 12, 2009
Does anyone have any suggestion on what the Lewis County School and Agriculture Fair needs to make it better.

Since: Feb 09

Vanceburg

#2 Mar 12, 2009
A new Fair Board
thatsgonehappend ontmatter

Greenup, KY

#3 Mar 12, 2009
LC gossip girl wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestion on what the Lewis County School and Agriculture Fair needs to make it better.
So and are you someone that can get new things done??????

Since: Mar 09

BLACK OAK

#4 Mar 13, 2009
Fluffy69 wrote:
A new Fair Board
I agree 100% with you. Also I think that it would be a good idea to combine our school fair with tollesboro's and have one big county fair.
pickled feet

Prestonsburg, KY

#5 Mar 14, 2009
yeah im ready for a new and better school fair.
flc

Lexington, KY

#6 Mar 15, 2009
In the 80's the school fair was fun, now as an adult driving by, it is nothing.
been there

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Mar 15, 2009
flc wrote:
In the 80's the school fair was fun, now as an adult driving by, it is nothing.
I went in the 80's too, it was great. They had an awesome horse show, and the Miss Lewis Co. Fair was a big "to do" as well. Do they not do that anymore? Maybe it looked big because we were little ;)
long time gone

Nicholasville, KY

#8 Mar 26, 2009
when I was a kid, I loved the Lewis Co. Fair. Getting up and Marching in the parade and then riding the school bus to the fair grounds. I remember that the money my Mom and Dad gave me went on the food!!! I would then go sit on the top of our car and watch everyone enjoy the rides while eating my cotton candy and caramel apples. Man those were the days!!!
a believer

Pikeville, KY

#9 Mar 30, 2009
now the parade is on Saturday( cause of some insurance thing) and it is so crowded (the space for it is so small)no one cares any more. I miss all the excitement I had as a child over the fair. Too bad the kids these days will never know that feeling.
LC gossip girl

Ashland, KY

#10 Apr 7, 2009
I have no control over getting things done. I do agree that the Board needs to go especially Gary Kidwell. No one make a move or opionion without him. They don't even let you know when they are meeting to come and discuss how to make it better. I did not grow up in LC, however, I hear stories of how great the fair use to be. I grew up in a town where we had a yearly festival. 20 years ago the three day event brought in about 10,000 people. Today my mother said that they are expecting about 50,000. (Last year, they had 42,000)It is a group effort in out town. We can not be like the government and keep saying we are sorry, we need to fire the head chief, If I didn't do my job good I would loose it.
nobody

Broken Arrow, OK

#11 Apr 28, 2009
signal9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100% with you. Also I think that it would be a good idea to combine our school fair with tollesboro's and have one big county fair.
I think that might be a good idea, but....where would they put it?? I cant think of anywhere that is big enough!

Since: Apr 09

Dahlonega, GA

#12 Apr 28, 2009
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that might be a good idea, but....where would they put it?? I cant think of anywhere that is big enough!
That'll never happen!

Dahlonega, GA

#13 May 2, 2009
Never say never! If enough good people would get up and start the ball rolling and come up with some really good ideas and suggestions that would actually work then it can be done. Nobody is so high up they can't fall. The higher they are, the harder they fall!
hjsaklfasg

Greenup, KY

#14 May 4, 2009
Dont Worry_ Be Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
That'll never happen!
I Agree........ Vanceburg needs a change and nobody is gonna do anything. they need to do stuff that intrest kids.
nina

Morehead, KY

#15 May 4, 2009
first off they are too greedy in Vanceburg, Why should I want to pay $3.00 to go park way far away then just walk around, but I can go to Tollesboro pay $7.00 ride everything as much as I want , watch the derbys or tractor pulls or what ever may be going on. For this reason I have not even been to the Vanceburg fair in 3 or 4 years. But I sure enjoy the Tollesboro Fair, you get your moneys worth. I know Vanceburg could do different they just need to want to. I am suprised it is even still going. When they took away the school fair parade the old way it began going down hill and aint looked up yet.

Grayson, KY

#16 May 4, 2009
When I said "That'll never happen" I meant Vanceburg and Tollesboro "combining". There are still too many bad feelings between them.
LCMS student

Flatwoods, KY

#17 May 4, 2009
LC gossip girl wrote:
They need to spend a litle money on it instead of building a new baseball feild that we dont even need.

Dahlonega, GA

#18 May 4, 2009
Vanceburg has always been about the sports
45why

Flatwoods, KY

#19 May 5, 2009
LCMS student wrote:
<quoted text>They need to spend a litle money on it instead of building a new baseball feild that we dont even need.
when the baseball league won state championship, the state gave us that new baseball field, we didnt pay for it
concerned

Dahlonega, GA

#20 May 8, 2009
LC gossip girl wrote:
Yes, A totally new fair board

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vanceburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can we ride at Briary? (May '09) 31 min Man from Morehead 91
can't blame bush 23 hr face the facts 1
Vanceburg Independent School in 1955 to 1965 Thu concerned 11 3
Erika Morgan Wed truedat 21
e mail Wed billy bob 1
Kelly Bradley?? Wed Kayla 2
Nikki Bloomfield (Sep '13) Wed Kayla 19

Flood Warning for Lewis County was issued at March 06 at 11:53AM EST

Vanceburg Dating
Find my Match