Aquatic center, 3rd reading on monday.
GOFORIT

Johnstown, OH

#21 Jan 30, 2013
Personally I have no problem with Chuck Koch. Lets don't forget Pat Ryan " The brother of Cathy Hoffman" Did a lot of politicking for his sister on the 25 million turn 35 million dollar school. Buyer Beware. Maybe the Bank he is president of should foot the bill. Then they could call it " The Citizens Water Park". Considering they would be building it next to his house. Lol !
NoPool

San Jose, CA

#22 Jan 30, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Both of those folks have quite a bit of money and I would guess that they are not going to part with much of it either because they will get the uneducated voter to vote for it and the taxpayers to pay for it,; then they will be able to keep their money.
I am against the pool and will be voting it down. But in all fairness, if these guys are the ones promoting it, their property taxes will go up along with every one else's. I also can't see either of them using the pool. Maybe they honestly think it would be a good thing for VW.
I disagree with them.
truant officer

Napoleon, OH

#23 Jan 30, 2013
GOFORIT wrote:
Personally I have no problem with Chuck Koch. Lets don't forget Pat Ryan " The brother of Cathy Hoffman" Did a lot of politicking for his sister on the 25 million turn 35 million dollar school. Buyer Beware. Maybe the Bank he is president of should foot the bill. Then they could call it " The Citizens Water Park". Considering they would be building it next to his house. Lol !
See, that's why everyone discounts your posts. They know its personal. There are people you just don't like and in your mind they can do no right.
truant officer

Napoleon, OH

#24 Jan 30, 2013
V-dubs finest wrote:
<quoted text>I know that 1 of these guys is a big democrat. Not sure about the other.
Uh oh. A big democrat. Should we get our bibles out and call Rush?
truant officer

Napoleon, OH

#25 Jan 30, 2013
really wrote:
Are we concentrating on a pool tax so much that we are forgetting about the school tax they want. Do you really want to keep less of your money?
Yes. That's what it is. A brilliant conspiracy. And to think we almost fell for it.

Since: Sep 11

Belle Center, OH

#26 Jan 30, 2013
I'm going to make some comments here and I hope you don't think I'm off-topic. Earlier today, Mayor Farmer announced he was going to change the ballott language so that any, if there is any, excess money would go towards the pool, rather that to the Parks. The problem I have with that is that by law, the mayor cannot change an ordinance at his whim. Only the Council can do that and they must follow their own rules. Meaning there must first be a committee meeting and then a Council meeting to take action. These meetings must be announced to the public 24 hours in advance on convening. So here is a major problem. The citizens of Van Wert did not elect Mr. Farmer as our "king" and as such we should expect tranparency and obedience to the law.

This whole project has been rush and secretive with the intent to keep the citizens off-balance. Primary elections traditional have low voter turn-out which the pool proponents feel benefits their cause. If something doesn't sound right, odds are it isn't right.

“Politics. 2 cheeks of 1 ass.”

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#27 Jan 30, 2013
really wrote:
Are we concentrating on a pool tax so much that we are forgetting about the school tax they want. Do you really want to keep less of your money?
I'm with Kirby on this one. However, 86% of levies statewide were renewed last year. I think it'll be different this year because of the degree of tax increases.

Belle Center, OH

#28 Jan 30, 2013
Kirby R Kelly wrote:
I'm going to make some comments here and I hope you don't think I'm off-topic. Earlier today, Mayor Farmer announced he was going to change the ballott language so that any, if there is any, excess money would go towards the pool, rather that to the Parks. The problem I have with that is that by law, the mayor cannot change an ordinance at his whim. Only the Council can do that and they must follow their own rules. Meaning there must first be a committee meeting and then a Council meeting to take action. These meetings must be announced to the public 24 hours in advance on convening. So here is a major problem. The citizens of Van Wert did not elect Mr. Farmer as our "king" and as such we should expect tranparency and obedience to the law.
This whole project has been rush and secretive with the intent to keep the citizens off-balance. Primary elections traditional have low voter turn-out which the pool proponents feel benefits their cause. If something doesn't sound right, odds are it isn't right.
Here's some breaking news... Council has called for a special Council-As-A-Whole meeting to discuss ballot language. Friday, Feb. 1 at 5 PM.
did you

Marysville, OH

#29 Jan 30, 2013
No offense intended, but I was recently told that when you were on council that you were always trying to stir things up cause you didn't go along with the program. Did you?

Van Wert, OH

#30 Jan 30, 2013
did you wrote:
No offense intended, but I was recently told that when you were on council that you were always trying to stir things up cause you didn't go along with the program. Did you?
Whose program was it to go along with? Did it serve the people or the corporation? You know city government is a corporation, right?
NoPool

San Jose, CA

#31 Jan 30, 2013
did you wrote:
Well, if he was stirring things up and not going along with the program, then I applaud him and want him back on Council. Too many "yes" sayers, not enough questioners. Keep 'em honest, Kirby.
brainfart

Lima, OH

#32 Jan 31, 2013
I still havent heard where the location of this place is supposed to be.
truant officer

Napoleon, OH

#33 Jan 31, 2013
Joe Jared wrote:
<quoted text>Whose program was it to go along with? Did it serve the people or the corporation? You know city government is a corporation, right?
Yeah. And all of the stockholders are us. Sooooo, we OWN the corporation.
truant officer

Napoleon, OH

#34 Jan 31, 2013
NoPool wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if he was stirring things up and not going along with the program, then I applaud him and want him back on Council. Too many "yes" sayers, not enough questioners. Keep 'em honest, Kirby.
Yeah. Dennis Kucinisch did that as mayor or Cleveland and the whole city fell apart. Politics is compromise or failure.

Belle Center, OH

#35 Jan 31, 2013
did you wrote:
Anything I did while on Council is a matter of public record. I don't know what I could have done that would have been construed as "stirring it up." When they wanted to change the law about liquor on city property I voted "No" but only because I didn't believe that we should change the law to benefit one specific group. Same way on the Willow Bend goose hunt. I voted "no" because I don't believe that you make exceptions to the law for one specific group. I voted "no" on some spot zoning issues that weren't in the best interest of the neighborhoods. I made proposals to repeal outdated laws and for the most part, council agreed and repealed these laws. I would certainly like for you to give me specific examples where I "stirred it up." Did I disagree with some of the council people? Yes, but I never took these issues before the camera. So again, give me some specifics on your allegation that I "stirred things up."
truant officer

United States

#36 Jan 31, 2013
I don't really care about the goose hunt but we all benefit from alcohol on city property.

Belle Center, OH

#37 Jan 31, 2013
truant officer wrote:
I don't really care about the goose hunt but we all benefit from alcohol on city property.
The issue was "equal protection." You can not make laws that benefit one specific group. Had they came up with some thing comprehensive that would allowed other civic groups to benefit than it would have been a different discussion. But they didn't. That is what I believe is right.
did you

Marysville, OH

#38 Jan 31, 2013
Sorry, I make no allegations. I should not have even mentioned it as I do not have any particulars. A councilman told me that; then they said we have a good crew now.

I think you make a lot of sense and would probably vote for you.
Kirby R Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything I did while on Council is a matter of public record. I don't know what I could have done that would have been construed as "stirring it up." When they wanted to change the law about liquor on city property I voted "No" but only because I didn't believe that we should change the law to benefit one specific group. Same way on the Willow Bend goose hunt. I voted "no" because I don't believe that you make exceptions to the law for one specific group. I voted "no" on some spot zoning issues that weren't in the best interest of the neighborhoods. I made proposals to repeal outdated laws and for the most part, council agreed and repealed these laws. I would certainly like for you to give me specific examples where I "stirred it up." Did I disagree with some of the council people? Yes, but I never took these issues before the camera. So again, give me some specifics on your allegation that I "stirred things up."

Van Wert, OH

#39 Jan 31, 2013
truant officer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. And all of the stockholders are us. Sooooo, we OWN the corporation.
Actually, we don't.
V-dubs finest

Mansfield, OH

#40 Jan 31, 2013
truant officer wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh oh. A big democrat. Should we get our bibles out and call Rush?
You know, big democrat- someone that wants to spend someone else's hard earned money for them. Definition of insanity- doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. What happened to the old county pool? Who decided to pay a bazillion dollars for the huge slide before they closed the pool, and where exactly is it now? Big democrat answer- what difference does it make now?(Hillary Clinton)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tf..Nichollet 56 min Snap 4
Believe Me Trust Me 8 hr Bob 159
Goat yoga is news worthy 9 hr crazies 3
Wind 17 hr Steve Rusk 68
bad parking 21 hr citizen 3
downtown Wed Ur clules 5
The House of Trump Wed Winning 243

Van Wert Jobs

Personal Finance

Van Wert Mortgages