Strunkenburg placed on leave pending ...

Strunkenburg placed on leave pending investigation

There are 89 comments on the The Times Bulletin story from Jul 23, 2014, titled Strunkenburg placed on leave pending investigation. In it, The Times Bulletin reports that:

Conditions inside this buildings were bad enough to get Van Wert County Dog Warden Rich Strunkenburg placed on paid administrative leave until an investigation is complete.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times Bulletin.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
van wert resident

Ashburn, VA

#1 Jul 23, 2014
Hope he comes back to work soon. I seen a dog running loose on north walnut. Probably lost its owner poor thing.
Throw Dog Warden In Jail

Hale, MI

#2 Jul 23, 2014
People have been calling the commissioners making legitimate complaints against Strunkenberg's fat lazy ass for years so they are as guilty of animal neglect and abuse as he is. I heard he used to euthanize dogs as soon as they came into the kennels and people were finding out their dog that got lost in the morning was dead by evening. Rich and the commissioners are nothing but POS criminals who needs serious prosecution.
County Resident

Convoy, OH

#3 Jul 23, 2014
This is an outrage! Strunkenburg makes me sick and I am not even going to call him an "animal humane officer" because that is too nice a name for this guy! He is not humane...because he is INHUMANE! Leaving dogs without food and water in the hot weather and no fresh air, and dying and others to become so sick they have to put down. Why is he on Paid administrative leave when he evidently was NOT doing his job? He needs to be Fined, Jailed and FIRED from his position. Why is this information just now coming out to the public when the Sheriff said (and this was on the TV news) they have been cleaning up the place for 4 days!
None of this okay. It is all horrible and sad. Plus Sheriff Riggenbach said it had nothing to do with the funds that are used to run the animal shelter. I can bet those funds were going in someones pocket and not to take care of those poor animals! Sounds like the Commissioners are turning a blind eye to all that has been going on there for some time!
holy crap

Lima, OH

#4 Jul 23, 2014
My dogs got out of the fence over a year ago, it took me over an hour to find them.
Then again they got out a couple of months ago and luckily someone read my phone# on their tags and I was able to bring them safely home.
They are microchipped, but I wonder if I would have gotten them home if my # had not been on them.
I dread the thought if they had been picked up by the dog warden!
VW Citizen

Bellefontaine, OH

#5 Jul 23, 2014
I know for a fact that two of the commissioners wanted him gone about two years ago so it's not on them, the Sheriff is technically the boss of the Dog Warden and has been for the past year and a half. He should have been checking in more often but at the same time, he is busy running other important matters. No one thought Strunkenburg would turn out to be such a POS and screw up this bad! Now they finally have the reason they've been waiting for to can him!
Sandy

Brookville, OH

#6 Jul 23, 2014
It's not like the sheriff's office is going to do better. There are 2 dogs out there now without food or what!!!! Geez people..get a clue!
Throw Dog Warden In Jail

Hale, MI

#7 Jul 23, 2014
I can't believe two commissioners can't get a derelict county employee investigated and fired if they wanted to. The animal lovers in VW County have been aware of Rich's inhumane treatment of dogs for 6 years and have been trying to get something done about it for 6 years. Finger pointing and blaming everybody else doesn't change the heartbreaking , outrageous outcome of the Strunkenberg reign of terror. How did shit get this pathetic in Van Wert County?
Rush Says

Lima, OH

#8 Jul 23, 2014
Throw Dog Warden In Jail wrote:
How did shit get this pathetic in Van Wert County?
Simple. A bunch of greedy old Republicans run this town and they don't want anything to change...
Dog

United States

#9 Jul 23, 2014
Dont worry they"ll find out the dog he was doing is just kayona lol
Private Eye-Trotwood

Englewood, OH

#10 Jul 23, 2014
Dog wrote:
Dont worry they"ll find out the dog he was doing is just kayona lol
Dog, you hit the nail on the head with that one.
Private Eye

Englewood, OH

#11 Jul 23, 2014
To conclude,
I'm curious if "Special-K" will be charged as an accessory?
Private-Eye

Englewood, OH

#12 Jul 23, 2014
Warden appreciates his position, and all the tax payer money that is supporting him and his Special wife. She works at Eaton, so it's not like they have any legit excuse as to why they are animal killers. It cost less to care for the caged animals than it does for Special K and Ronchy Rich to feed and bathe their own asses. I'm pretty sure Special K will get charges as well. Great role-models to your kids, you freaking pigs!! Good luck when the morning comes and you have to go to work wearing charms, because you know everyone will be giving you the EVIL EYE. Ka...arma's a bitch!
Dear Warden

Englewood, OH

#13 Jul 23, 2014
Hey, it's me Bandit, remember? I'm the cute little furry-ball that was turned in a few weeks ago. I know everything you did to the others... I put my trust in you to care for me until my owners came for me. But, you never looked for them. I cannot speak, but I seen all the other animals and just knew you loved me and would care for me.... Then the days passed... I didn't see you; I didn't see anyone. I could hear you and your family through the walls... I would bark and so would the others, hoping to get your attention. Maybe you forgot? More days went by. It's so cold, and wet. Smells... I keep curling up at the corning because I pooped and am running out of room. I'm so hungry and thirsty. I noticed the others are now eating their own shit.... Some are already dying... Oh Doggy God, did I do something wrong? Was I a bad boy? I'll try to hold on a little longer. Someone will come... someone will come....
john

Delphos, OH

#14 Jul 23, 2014
she has a job at eaton. but saying she works is a insult to everybody in the building
Private-Eye wrote:
Warden appreciates his position, and all the tax payer money that is supporting him and his Special wife. She works at Eaton, so it's not like they have any legit excuse as to why they are animal killers. It cost less to care for the caged animals than it does for Special K and Ronchy Rich to feed and bathe their own asses. I'm pretty sure Special K will get charges as well. Great role-models to your kids, you freaking pigs!! Good luck when the morning comes and you have to go to work wearing charms, because you know everyone will be giving you the EVIL EYE. Ka...arma's a bitch!
Private-Eye

Englewood, OH

#15 Jul 23, 2014
Oh! Belly-Flops hurt!:)
Private-Eye

Englewood, OH

#16 Jul 23, 2014
Perhaps those who cannot live up to their responsibilities, as even remotely acting like decent human-beings, could at least have mercy on the rest of us and remove yourselves from our presence....
rebel

Lima, OH

#18 Jul 24, 2014
you can't fix stupid!
curious

Lima, OH

#19 Jul 24, 2014
what are the qualifications for this position, does anyone know? Figure it's a matter of time before the ad is in the paper..
Sarah

West Mansfield, OH

#20 Jul 24, 2014
Sandy wrote:
It's not like the sheriff's office is going to do better. There are 2 dogs out there now without food or what!!!! Geez people..get a clue!
When people dump off dogs in the middle of the night that's what happens. No one can be there 24/7.
WTF

Fort Wayne, IN

#22 Jul 24, 2014
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>
When people dump off dogs in the middle of the night that's what happens. No one can be there 24/7.
24/7 ??? sounds like he put in as little time as possible. This much is known. It took 4 days to clean out the kennel. 4 days.!?!?!? Wow. Yes he hasn't been charged with anything yet, and he hasn't been fired....but come on. He certainly has been found to not be doing his job....to what degree of neglect is yet to come. Anymore who defends this guy right know is just as guilty as someone condoning his actions. Do you really want to take sides with a guy who possibly has been mistreating animals he was being paid to take care of?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three arrested on drug charges 1 hr McCONald CON Drum... 55
Solar Eclipse Time 1 hr McCONald CON Drum... 13
Missing Man 3 hr Checkthewater 4
Needle Exchange 9 hr vwo 19
News Wetzelland returning last weekend of July 13 hr star eyes 30
The Embroidery Coop 19 hr VWOh 2
Wandering 3 year old on Van Wert 22 hr Just Saying 3
High Five Brewing Company 23 hr Joe Jared 43

Van Wert Jobs

More from around the web