Laura Marbaugh

Evanston, IL

#87 Jan 23, 2013
fista cuffs wrote:
<quoted text>you just pull this stuff out of your ass, and expect people to believe you?
A typical jackass one to assume someone is "pulling stuff out of their ass" rather than searching information for yourself to prove yourself or the other right.

You do realize there is information all over the internet to actually back what Johnny said, right? Not to say some of it isn't opinions of others religious or atheists but check the US census. You might see for yourself that you were truly born an idiot.
Laura Marbaugh

Evanston, IL

#88 Jan 23, 2013
fista cuffs wrote:
laura is as dumb as a post ... period
LMFAO!!!!!@you...
Dicky smells like butt

Delphos, OH

#89 Jan 23, 2013
God is not real because the town of van wert and the people living in it bring up a stupid post and try to act like they know what there talking about. Get a life losers!!!

“..EXPECT US..”

Since: Dec 12

LULZ, OHIO

#90 Jan 23, 2013
idiot wrote:
That's dumb and just not true. There are about the same number of atheist today as there were fifty years ago. They are just more vocal today than they have been because of social media which enables them to speak without revealing their name.
There are very few people like you Mr. Murphy.
You like to run your mouth about what you think the founding fathers believed but you don't know what you are talking about.
Just view this historical site. http://stg.do/Iwpc
No, you're wrong. The number of Atheists is growing everyday as more and more people dismiss fairy tales for fairy tales. Here's a relevant link for you if you still don't want to believe me.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-08-13...

Our founding fathers were not Christians. You can't deny it when you simply look at the majority of their quotes.
fista cuffs

Princeton, IL

#91 Jan 23, 2013
Laura Marbaugh wrote:
<quoted text>
A typical jackass one to assume someone is "pulling stuff out of their ass" rather than searching information for yourself to prove yourself or the other right.
You do realize there is information all over the internet to actually back what Johnny said, right? Not to say some of it isn't opinions of others religious or atheists but check the US census. You might see for yourself that you were truly born an idiot.
well, show me the proof, and quit talking...lets see it...

“..EXPECT US..”

LULZ, OHIO

#92 Jan 23, 2013
BigJim wrote:
<quoted text> No surprise to me at all. People always think that they are smarter than they really are. I'm curious, what sets your moral standards if it isn't religion? Why not just take what you want? No repercussions for your actions, no accountability for your actions. Yea, I can see why atheist wouldn't want religion getting in the way of their selfish wants. As for Laura, Jesus died on the cross and rose again after 3 days just like he said that he would. What more proof do you want?
Pen Jilette actually has a good quote on this that I've always liked so I will use it here to answer your question.

"The question I get asked by religious people all the time is, without God, what’s to stop me from raping all I want? And my answer is: I do rape all I want. And the amount I want is zero. And I do murder all I want, and the amount I want is zero. The fact that these people think that if they didn't have this person watching over them that they would go on killing, raping rampages is the most self-damning thing I can imagine."
Penn Jillette
Laura Marbaugh

Evanston, IL

#93 Jan 23, 2013
BigJim wrote:
<quoted text> No surprise to me at all. People always think that they are smarter than they really are. I'm curious, what sets your moral standards if it isn't religion? Why not just take what you want? No repercussions for your actions, no accountability for your actions. Yea, I can see why atheist wouldn't want religion getting in the way of their selfish wants. As for Laura, Jesus died on the cross and rose again after 3 days just like he said that he would. What more proof do you want?
Technically Atheist are more compassionate towards people and the emotions of others than religious individuals who is mostly only compassionate when it comes to their reputations and the benefits they will gain for helping someone in need.

As a matter of fact. I personally do take what I want without worry of "repercussions or accountability". I choose my own morals and standards. To each their own individuality. Hence the word and meaning.

Who seen him rise? Let me guess the answer is in the bible right? I wasn't asking what "bible" proof you have, I was asking what actual scientific proof you have. Something that was proven. Not something written in a book.

Christians = Pedophiles. They believe in the need to multiply by any means within their families. They bared children with their children to populate their world.

I have yet to meet any pedophile who didn't claim to be a "believer of God". While I'm sure you church goers will stomp and scream you aren't pedophiles. blah blah maybe you aren't but look at the likes of you. After all pedophiles claim to be true Christians.
Get With It

Lima, OH

#94 Jan 23, 2013
This whole "god works in mysterious ways" is kind of an excuse. That's always the answer when a pastor/believer who can't think that the bible has been manipulated, can't give a logical answer. I believe in God I just don't take everything that comes out of a pastor's mouth or that book literally.

Jesus did say he wasn't there to replace the laws of moses. so why then do totaly disreguard the old laws? Oh becauce that would take some effort! Christians are inherently lazy with their faith. There's no consequence for your actions. All you have to say is "whoops sorry" and you think you're forgiven. That' why it's so easy for them to "join the church". What's even more pathetic is the denominations and the people who jump from church to church until they hear what they want to hear.
Laura Marbaugh

Evanston, IL

#95 Jan 23, 2013
fista cuffs wrote:
<quoted text>well, show me the proof, and quit talking...lets see it...
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/t...

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/t...

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/cats/p...

Non believers are gaining numbers while some (by state numbers) religions are decreasing. It is only a matter of time before more "believers" turn atheist.

I have yet to find any numbers for 2011 to 2012/13
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/

I can assure you there is more people against you then with you. Therefore the question remains are the "corrupt Christians" real Christians or do they not believe in God? If they were true believers they wouldn't be corrupt. Actions with repercussions remember? What would they worry about if there is no God?
BigJim

Mansfield, OH

#96 Jan 23, 2013
JustLookWhoItIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Pen Jilette actually has a good quote on this that I've always liked so I will use it here to answer your question.
"The question I get asked by religious people all the time is, without God, what’s to stop me from raping all I want? And my answer is: I do rape all I want. And the amount I want is zero. And I do murder all I want, and the amount I want is zero. The fact that these people think that if they didn't have this person watching over them that they would go on killing, raping rampages is the most self-damning thing I can imagine."
Penn Jillette
I never brought rape up. So every atheist is caring, loving and according to Laura "the most generous" people around. Wow, I do not personally know of any other religion that could make that statement. I am far from perfect and that is why I seek out god.
fista cuffs

Princeton, IL

#97 Jan 23, 2013
laura, you are soooooo freaking stupid, its crazy! those links PROVE my point..damn girl, lol... GEEZ!
BigJim

Mansfield, OH

#98 Jan 23, 2013
Harley wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know this how?
Because this is what the Priest tell you. This is what they have put in books for over 2000 years.
The Priest tell you how they talk to God.
How many Priest were talking to God while they were molesting kids?
Do you think it is something new?
I bet they have done this for 100's of years and at the same time were preaching the Bible.
Believe what you want. I have no problem with that. But for Priest to condeme people for not going to church while the church is protecting molesters!
You believe in what you want. I believe the church protects their own.
That I have seen. What have you seen?
Anyone who puts all of their faith in men are fools. There will be false prophets, fake and even evil people in churches. If someone is not preaching what Jesus preached or they are doing un godly things, they obviously are not doing gods work. It doesn't matter if they are standing in the middle of church. Satan is every where and he is as real as anything. They call him the great deceiver for a reason. It looks like V.W. will be well represented in hell if you people can convince more people that he isn't real.
Laura Marbaugh

Evanston, IL

#99 Jan 23, 2013
fista cuffs wrote:
laura, you are soooooo freaking stupid, its crazy! those links PROVE my point..damn girl, lol... GEEZ!
Proves your point about what? What point are you trying to make or assume you are making? You wanted proof of the numbers. You have them. Each showing where a decrease is in religion and where an increase is in atheist (non believers). You was giving proof. Your only assumption is that I am "dumb" yet you have yet to share any intelligent information on anything ever no matter the issue. No proof has ever been sought by you or posted to prove otherwise. No legit argument ever by you towards anyone, just ramblings(opinion) of ones "personal intelligence or history".

Therefore only proving you are a complete idiot as I mentioned yet again. Thanks for proving MY point and not yours.
Laura Marbaugh

Evanston, IL

#101 Jan 23, 2013
BigJim wrote:
<quoted text> Anyone who puts all of their faith in men are fools. There will be false prophets, fake and even evil people in churches. If someone is not preaching what Jesus preached or they are doing un godly things, they obviously are not doing gods work. It doesn't matter if they are standing in the middle of church. Satan is every where and he is as real as anything. They call him the great deceiver for a reason. It looks like V.W. will be well represented in hell if you people can convince more people that he isn't real.
Putting their faith in men is a fool? Men (and Women) researched, discovered, found cures, invented medicine, machines, vehicles, tools, guns, etc. in aid of human survival. What did God or Jesus do? Ohh that's right magically healed people (unproven), turned water into wine (unproven), got a married virgin pregnant by a mysterious man (unproven, IMO Mary was a whore), made women have periods (unproven), rose from the dead (unproven), etccc.... haha yeah the list could go on.....
fista cuffs

Princeton, IL

#102 Jan 23, 2013
who are you trying to convince of your b.s? us? you?

you are just weird, lady... weird

“..EXPECT US..”

LULZ, OHIO

#104 Jan 23, 2013
But Laura, you gotta remember how ultra Christian fistabitch acts on here. If there's a heaven, he's surely making it to sit at the right hand of God. {sarcasm}
Laura Marbaugh

Evanston, IL

#105 Jan 23, 2013
BigJim wrote:
<quoted text> I never brought rape up. So every atheist is caring, loving and according to Laura "the most generous" people around. Wow, I do not personally know of any other religion that could make that statement. I am far from perfect and that is why I seek out god.
You exaggerated my statement. I said Atheist are more compassionate towards people and the emotions of others. Atheist don't seek harming others intentionally unless it is to protect what belongs to them. Atheist don't kill children in order to sacrifice a soul to "God" or poison others in the "acts of God", they don't sleep with their children to have more children. I have YET to hear of any Atheist who caused physical or mental damage to any child.

While we always here how Christians are abusing children, killing each other, raping each other, stealing money, sleeping with "the demons", being unfaithful, etc...

Could you point to an Atheist that caused harm to a child? Someone who actually admitted to being an Atheist. All I've seen is those who caused harm and cried for "God".
Laura Marbaugh

Evanston, IL

#106 Jan 23, 2013
JustLookWhoItIs wrote:
But Laura, you gotta remember how ultra Christian fistabitch acts on here. If there's a heaven, he's surely making it to sit at the right hand of God.{sarcasm}
Only thing I see him being about to sit on is jumping off a tall building and having a telephone pole shoved up his ass during the fall. I'm sure he would argue with me and insist it was Gods hand and not a telephone pole.
fista cuffs

Princeton, IL

#107 Jan 23, 2013
I gave you my thoughts on it...I don't care if you want to worship the sun, moon, stars, whatever... so be it...what I don't understand is why you feel so strongly about convincing people of YOUR views..
fista cuffs

Princeton, IL

#108 Jan 23, 2013
are you 12?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Q posts 21-1-18 48 min wow 11
Quick lane 53 min wow 25
nfl protests 1 hr Uncle Ben 177
Worlds Greatest 2 hr Donald J Trump 12
Congratulations 18 hr Ashamed democrat 11
Believe it... 20 hr acman 2
The power is returning to the hands of righteou... 20 hr Ashamed democrat 5

Van Wert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance