Posted in the Van Wert Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Thats a lot of money

United States

#1 Jan 25, 2013
So, how much do they make? Go to this site:
http://www.limaohio.com/info_center/html_9fea...

Fries Douglas W. Superintendent Van Wert $117,125
Burden Raymond J. Executive Dir Van Wert $108,764
Gerber Brian R. Superintendent Van Wert $95,514
Amstutz Kenneth D. Superintendent Van Wert $94,225
Mo Money

United States

#2 Jan 25, 2013
Thats a lot of money wrote:
Here this one is sooo much better, shows all teachers.
Enjoy...

http://ohiotreasurer.gov/Teacher_Salary
problem

San Jose, CA

#3 Jan 25, 2013
Thats a lot of money wrote:
And THAT'S why we need to continue the school income tax.
Vote NO.

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#4 Jan 25, 2013
$7.8M in salaries for Van Wert School district. They have $13M without the levy and to call one lie for what it was, the levy couldn't have paid the salaries of even half of them.
say whaaa

Deshler, OH

#5 Jan 25, 2013
Those salaries are NOT high at all. The base education, certification, continuing education and responsibility of the job command MUCH larger salaries almost everywhere else. You trust your kids and grand kids to them and the decisions they make. Most people don't fault doctors, lawyers or other professionals for making above average salaries following their advanced educations. These educators love what they do. They must because with they're backgrounds they could make a lot more in other professions.
beer nuts

Lima, OH

#6 Jan 25, 2013
who could live on $60,000 a year, do these teachers have second jobs?
Workingman

Saint Marys, OH

#7 Jan 25, 2013
These teachers are overpaid and underworked. I for one am sick of thier whining. They can retire with thier bodies in good shape. Those of us who must work hard for a living for far less money are used up. And don't tell me I could have chosen to be a teacher because it's an inside game. One day people will wake up and stop giving these people blank checks.
really

Mount Gilead, OH

#8 Jan 25, 2013
say whaaa wrote:
Those salaries are NOT high at all. The base education, certification, continuing education and responsibility of the job command MUCH larger salaries almost everywhere else. You trust your kids and grand kids to them and the decisions they make. Most people don't fault doctors, lawyers or other professionals for making above average salaries following their advanced educations. These educators love what they do. They must because with they're backgrounds they could make a lot more in other professions.
That's dumb. You could say that about almost any job, that people like what they do. As far as salaries are concerned, if they can make more money elsewhere, let them go elsewhere. This is Van Wert, not New York; we can't afford to pay them more lucrative salaries. When you say their advanced education, you make it sound as though they are far superior than the average citizen. Many of them act that way too. However, they may have a lot of book learning, but I'd guess they can't lay bricks or put a piece of steel in a lathe and make something useful.

The people who have those skills had to get an education somehow. The automobile mechanic has a skill that most teachers don't have, so they are worth just as much as a teacher. Yet you would squawk about paying as much for their services as you would for a teacher.

The bottom line is that teachers are over paid and under worked (13 students to one teacher and sometimes an aide) and they are not better than anyone else.

You must be a teacher or work for the school system or your spouse does.
truant officer

Deshler, OH

#10 Jan 26, 2013
Workingman wrote:
These teachers are overpaid and underworked. I for one am sick of thier whining. They can retire with thier bodies in good shape. Those of us who must work hard for a living for far less money are used up. And don't tell me I could have chosen to be a teacher because it's an inside game. One day people will wake up and stop giving these people blank checks.
Your own attitude and how you think of others is holding you back. Get rid of that mentality. No one is better than you, or less than you. You and they have made different choices. You can choose a different path anytime you want.
truant officer

Deshler, OH

#11 Jan 26, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>That's dumb. You could say that about almost any job, that people like what they do. As far as salaries are concerned, if they can make more money elsewhere, let them go elsewhere. This is Van Wert, not New York; we can't afford to pay them more lucrative salaries. When you say their advanced education, you make it sound as though they are far superior than the average citizen. Many of them act that way too. However, they may have a lot of book learning, but I'd guess they can't lay bricks or put a piece of steel in a lathe and make something useful.

The people who have those skills had to get an education somehow. The automobile mechanic has a skill that most teachers don't have, so they are worth just as much as a teacher. Yet you would squawk about paying as much for their services as you would for a teacher.

The bottom line is that teachers are over paid and under worked (13 students to one teacher and sometimes an aide) and they are not better than anyone else.

You must be a teacher or work for the school system or your spouse does.
That's dumb, did you say? No, that's the truth. I'm afraid you also have the "others are better than me" thought process. I have no connection to the schools and never went to college. I grew up "blue collar", worked factory and got laid off in the 80's. I decided to change my thinking, deal with the truth and move on. It worked. Always deal with the truth. Get out of the "I'm poor, they're rich" club.
Duh

Marysville, OH

#12 Jan 26, 2013
problem wrote:
<quoted text>
And THAT'S why we need to continue the school income tax.
Vote NO.
The only one that works for Van Wert is Amstutz. Fries is no longer in the county. He works for Greenville and was Lincolnview's superintendent. Make sure you know all your facts before you assume. They say Van Wert because they worked in Van Wert County
Duh

Marysville, OH

#13 Jan 26, 2013
truant officer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's dumb, did you say? No, that's the truth. I'm afraid you also have the "others are better than me" thought process. I have no connection to the schools and never went to college. I grew up "blue collar", worked factory and got laid off in the 80's. I decided to change my thinking, deal with the truth and move on. It worked. Always deal with the truth. Get out of the "I'm poor, they're rich" club.
Please support your claim that there are 13 students to one teacher. I have children in the school and not one of my kids is in a 13 to one situation.
truant officer

Deshler, OH

#14 Jan 26, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>Please support your claim that there are 13 students to one teacher. I have children in the school and not one of my kids is in a 13 to one situation.
I didn't say that. "Really" did. I know it's not true. Glad you're pointing it out.

Van Wert, OH

#15 Jan 26, 2013
Home schooling is at least 1 student to 1 or more teachers and causes no liability to the state. We clearly have the home team advantage. As far as extracurricular activities go, there are plenty of options for that, even in this town. Instead of taxes, though, it's more likely that the outside activities are volunteerist in nature, separate from government funding. What it does NOT make room for is statist propaganda, blind obedience, nor prison like treatment of students.
truant officer

Deshler, OH

#16 Jan 26, 2013
Joe Jared wrote:
Home schooling is at least 1 student to 1 or more teachers and causes no liability to the state. We clearly have the home team advantage. As far as extracurricular activities go, there are plenty of options for that, even in this town. Instead of taxes, though, it's more likely that the outside activities are volunteerist in nature, separate from government funding. What it does NOT make room for is statist propaganda, blind obedience, nor prison like treatment of students.
Believe me, my house was a prison. I went to school to get away from home.

Van Wert, OH

#17 Jan 26, 2013
truant officer wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me, my house was a prison. I went to school to get away from home.
So was mine. It doesn't have to be that way and we don't have to repeat the mistakes of our parents.
Tax Payer

United States

#18 Jan 26, 2013
say whaaa wrote:
doctors lawyers and other professionals don't get 3 months a year off plus sick pay,holidays and vacation during the school year vote no, you also say we trust these teachers with our kids. I DON'T all they do is send stuff home for parents to do

Van Wert, OH

#19 Jan 26, 2013
Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text> doctors lawyers and other professionals don't get 3 months a year off plus sick pay,holidays and vacation during the school year vote no, you also say we trust these teachers with our kids. I DON'T all they do is send stuff home for parents to do
Looking back at my own childhood is the basis for my own distrust in most public institutions, including education. Today that distrust has to do more with what's being taught and the fraud that it represents. Einstein was more right than many realize about education systems.
say whaaa

Deshler, OH

#20 Jan 26, 2013
Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text> doctors lawyers and other professionals don't get 3 months a year off plus sick pay,holidays and vacation during the school year vote no, you also say we trust these teachers with our kids. I DON'T all they do is send stuff home for parents to do
Send stuff home for parents to do? Now that's funny. You must be VERY helpful and supportive with homework. I'm guessing your kids hate school, because it sounds like you do.
BTW, the lawyers and doctors I know get three months off. They leave anytime they want because they own their own practices. From the way you're talking, it sounds like you get 3 months a year off too -- calling in sick.
say whaaa

Deshler, OH

#21 Jan 26, 2013
Joe Jared wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking back at my own childhood is the basis for my own distrust in most public institutions, including education. Today that distrust has to do more with what's being taught and the fraud that it represents. Einstein was more right than many realize about education systems.
You're not foisting this stuff off on your kids, are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Economic base vs Service 1 hr Joe Jared 17
wetzel 2 hr Lmao 17
Trash, taxes, and tyrants 3 hr vwo 80
old buildings 4 hr Curious two 10
Trump 0-5 13 hr Americans 19
News Ohio State Highway Patrol arrest 20 in three-da... 20 hr Zebra 34
127 South Speed Limit Change - Mon Pattie 16

Van Wert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance