First Prev
of 3
Next Last
A G Bell

Mansfield, OH

#1 Nov 26, 2012
Has anyone canceled their home phone because the only people that called was trying to sell you something?
Someone

Paulding, OH

#2 Nov 26, 2012
Lol Thats a good reason. I think landline communication is on its way out like kerosene and the railroads.
fista cuffs

Mendota, IL

#3 Nov 26, 2012
railroads will be around for a long, long, LOOOONG time...
party line

United States

#5 Nov 26, 2012
A G Bell wrote:
Has anyone canceled their home phone because the only people that called was trying to sell you something?
Yep! back when we got our first phone, there were up to five residences on the same line, if one of them was talking you had to wait your turn, but you could pick up the phone and listen in on the other people's conversations, We thought it was the ultimate in high tech when we could get private lines and not have to share, they cost a bit more at first but then they became standard. There wasn't much telemarketing, salespeople went door to door bugging everyone.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#6 Nov 26, 2012
Someone wrote:
Lol Thats a good reason. I think landline communication is on its way out like kerosene and the railroads.
You just don't see trains through Van Wert because there's nothing there to deliver to or pick up from. There's over 20 trains per day roll through Latty and Payne. Even more than that through Sherwood.
Kerosene is used to fuel jets dumbass..... "Van Wert is on its way out......" would be more of an accurate statement. Or at least left behind in the 60s, 50s maybe.
no sense

Marengo, OH

#7 Nov 26, 2012
I tried to cancel my home phone with embarq and keep internet only. They claimed it would only save me 5 a month. My internet is 30 total bill 70 something. How can this be?
Crazy

Mansfield, OH

#9 Nov 26, 2012
They make it hard to cancel but it is worth it. You will save at least $40 a month. Don't miss it one bit.
Someone

Paulding, OH

#10 Nov 26, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't see trains through Van Wert because there's nothing there to deliver to or pick up from. There's over 20 trains per day roll through Latty and Payne. Even more than that through Sherwood.
Kerosene is used to fuel jets dumbass..... "Van Wert is on its way out......" would be more of an accurate statement. Or at least left behind in the 60s, 50s maybe.
Big surprise that you would be the one to get all PMS over this but hey I'll bite. I could spend all day bitch slapping the hell out of you intellectually. Kerosene is probably the single largest example of an antiquated industry that could be referenced. I read all your blah blah moronic posts about america but you obviously have not the first clue of it's history. Kerosene used to be used to light every building and home in the world. It was by far statistically the largest industry that had ever existed based on market percentage share of corporate America. With the invention of electricity, kerosene was eventually no longer needed. The only reason standard oil did not go belly up was because of the invention of the internal combustion engine which ran best off of Gasoline which was a byproduct of refining kerosene and was dumped down as waste for many years. This made Rockefeller statistically the wealthiest man in the history of america even to this very day. In the late 1800's and early 1900's, Rockefeller actually accounted for over 1.5% of the gross domestic product. Not sure what chunk jet fuel hold today but it sure as hell isn't that high.

If you want, we can discuss railroads next. Your choice.
Someone

Paulding, OH

#11 Nov 26, 2012
hamster wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHA! Railroads will be around long after we are gone. We use our landline pretty much everyday. We are in our 30's and have relatives that live over seas. You whiffed on two fronts.
Congratulations to you. Just so you know, a little over one third of american households have eliminated their home phone. That figure is at least one year old but what it doesn't show is the number of people who have entered adulthood in the last ten years. These people are estimated at over 90% to have only a mobile phone. there will always be a few dinosaurs around like you guys but home phones are gonna go bye bye. Most children in school right now don't know what a home phone is. My children are 10 and 8 and have really never seen one and have never used one. So do you think a child who realizes there is no use for something is going to get one when they grow up?

United States

#13 Nov 26, 2012
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Big surprise that you would be the one to get all PMS over this but hey I'll bite. I could spend all day bitch slapping the hell out of you intellectually. Kerosene is probably the single largest example of an antiquated industry that could be referenced. I read all your blah blah moronic posts about america but you obviously have not the first clue of it's history. Kerosene used to be used to light every building and home in the world. It was by far statistically the largest industry that had ever existed based on market percentage share of corporate America. With the invention of electricity, kerosene was eventually no longer needed. The only reason standard oil did not go belly up was because of the invention of the internal combustion engine which ran best off of Gasoline which was a byproduct of refining kerosene and was dumped down as waste for many years. This made Rockefeller statistically the wealthiest man in the history of america even to this very day. In the late 1800's and early 1900's, Rockefeller actually accounted for over 1.5% of the gross domestic product. Not sure what chunk jet fuel hold today but it sure as hell isn't that high.
If you want, we can discuss railroads next. Your choice.
Why dontcha just go right ahead with railroads......

United States

#14 Nov 26, 2012
And how did I know there'd be somebody from the Vdub that would be a genius on this......and a big mouth to boot?
Someone

Paulding, OH

#15 Nov 26, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
And how did I know there'd be somebody from the Vdub that would be a genius on this......and a big mouth to boot?
Only difference between you and me is I can back my big mouth up.

United States

#17 Nov 26, 2012
And I don't live on a dirt road.........anymore, like yourself.
Come on, tell me about railroads...
Someone

United States

#18 Nov 26, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
And I don't live on a dirt road.........anymore, like yourself.
Come on, tell me about railroads...
Well they are steel tracks that carry trains from one point to another.
Someone

United States

#19 Nov 26, 2012
doobie wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! No you can't.
Actually I can. Mostly intellectually, but physically as well if need be. I would be more than willing to sign a consent document for a legal contest of sorts if you would like a demonstration of the latter
Spiro Agnew

Lima, OH

#20 Nov 26, 2012
IcintSpeldThat wrote:
And how did I know that the illiterate, loud-mouthed GOPstapo poster-boy would be here parroting Rash's idiotic one-liners again...

United States

#22 Nov 26, 2012
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they are steel tracks that carry trains from one point to another.
Just ingeniASS..... Like most Van Wert Douchebags.
Someone

United States

#23 Nov 26, 2012
doobie wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha! Nothing like an Internet tough guy
Doesn't have to be on the internet. Do you live in Van Wert? Like I said I can back my big mouth up no problem. You quite emphatically said I could not. Sign a consent to take your shot to put me in my place. As long as its legal, I'm ready to sign up.

Here is your chance.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#24 Nov 26, 2012
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't have to be on the internet. Do you live in Van Wert? Like I said I can back my big mouth up no problem. You quite emphatically said I could not. Sign a consent to take your shot to put me in my place. As long as its legal, I'm ready to sign up.
Here is your chance.
OMG, someone disagrees with you and you want to take them on physically in person? What is wrong with you?
SMH

United States

#25 Nov 26, 2012
The toughest guy on a dirt road.......still lives on a dirt road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Van wert school threat 24 min question 34
Casey’s General Store Coming to Van Wert. 1 hr ray 57
Obama presidential library to cost over $500 MI... 7 hr Bob 10
Democratic party is imploding, support for Trum... (Dec '16) 7 hr Jerquis 36
Top Democrat: Obama Too Slow On Russia Hacking 10 hr Snippy Snippy Snippy 17
State permits? 15 hr Bub 22
maga 16 hr Bud 1
County commissioner 18 hr acman 68
Old south bar incident 19 hr Hmm 9

Van Wert Jobs