Homeless guy in town
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
In the know

Lima, OH

#1 Jun 21, 2013
Has anybody ever noticed that homeless guy walking around town always looking for a handout? I wonder what his story is. I was doing a midnight stroll through heistand woods the other night and seen that he pitched a tarp in the trees. You'd think he would find a bigger town to loiter in. It won't last long here for sure.
Thats Sad

Lima, OH

#2 Jun 21, 2013
Aww..Poor guy. I bet the mosquitoes tore his @ss up.

Believe it or not but homeless people get more hand outs in the smaller cities then they do in the larger ones.
fista cuffs

Spring Grove, IL

#3 Jun 21, 2013
homeless people are just like you and I...they've fallen on hard times (yes , im aware some are drug addicts, some have mental health issues) , but a majority, across the board just have spent their last dime...living in s.w. florida , you come in contact with them quite frequently...to be honest , it hurts my heart to see people struggle so much, having to reduce their dignity to the point of asking for a handout, while I get to go home to a/c , open the fridge, eat / drink what I want...my wife and I make it a point every Christmas eve (in naples, where its almost epidemic)to get a handful of $5 bills, and hand them out... they are easy to identify by torn tattered clothes and dirty hands...the look of gratitude on there faces more than makes it worth while...it also makes us feel a little better , inside by helping the less privileged

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4 Jun 21, 2013
fista cuffs wrote:
homeless people are just like you and I...they've fallen on hard times (yes , im aware some are drug addicts, some have mental health issues), but a majority, across the board just have spent their last dime...living in s.w. florida , you come in contact with them quite frequently...to be honest , it hurts my heart to see people struggle so much, having to reduce their dignity to the point of asking for a handout, while I get to go home to a/c , open the fridge, eat / drink what I want...my wife and I make it a point every Christmas eve (in naples, where its almost epidemic)to get a handful of $5 bills, and hand them out... they are easy to identify by torn tattered clothes and dirty hands...the look of gratitude on there faces more than makes it worth while...it also makes us feel a little better , inside by helping the less privileged
THats an incredible thing to do!!! We watched my mom do the same growing up in Springfield. No doubt shaped who we are today seeing that.

At 20 I had to spend 2 months living in a tent working 12-14 hr shifts at a diner to save for an apartment. I remember thinking 1. Im lucky I was able to get a job and 2 to have a tent. Years later I caught myself bitching about my 6 family apartment and remembered those couple months and felt ashamed of myself complaining. Looking back, I am actually grateful we had such a bad year because even that tiny glimpse and what im sure is nothing compared to other homless experiences, has kept my greed and compassion in check.

GLad you shared!
perfect

United States

#5 Jun 21, 2013
In the know wrote:
Has anybody ever noticed that homeless guy walking around town always looking for a handout? I wonder what his story is. I was doing a midnight stroll through heistand woods the other night and seen that he pitched a tarp in the trees. You'd think he would find a bigger town to loiter in. It won't last long here for sure.
Why are you breaking the law? The park is closed after dark. You "taking a stroll" after midnight in the park is a no no.
here we go

Ashburn, VA

#6 Jun 21, 2013
improvision wrote:
<quoted text>
THats an incredible thing to do!!! We watched my mom do the same growing up in Springfield. No doubt shaped who we are today seeing that.
At 20 I had to spend 2 months living in a tent working 12-14 hr shifts at a diner to save for an apartment. I remember thinking 1. Im lucky I was able to get a job and 2 to have a tent. Years later I caught myself bitching about my 6 family apartment and remembered those couple months and felt ashamed of myself complaining. Looking back, I am actually grateful we had such a bad year because even that tiny glimpse and what im sure is nothing compared to other homless experiences, has kept my greed and compassion in check.
GLad you shared!
yet again,its about you !!.....thats all i have to say...
here we go

Ashburn, VA

#7 Jun 21, 2013
maybe you could make a web page and get some sympathy that way..
Shoot

Bowling Green, OH

#8 Jun 21, 2013
here we go wrote:
maybe you could make a web page and get some sympathy that way..
I saw the guy walking into the bank on main street.
l3itch

Lima, OH

#9 Jun 21, 2013
Someone wired him some money.

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#10 Jun 22, 2013
If not for metro housing, we'd see what homeless and hopeless really looks like.

If not for soup kitchens on a card (food stamps), we'd see soup kitchens with miles of lines of people waiting to eat.

As far as putting someone down for being homeless, Karma has a way of reshaping attitudes.

TFaulkners a fhag

Bowling Green, OH

#11 Jun 22, 2013
Joe Jared wrote:
If not for metro housing, we'd see what homeless and hopeless really looks like.
If not for soup kitchens on a card (food stamps), we'd see soup kitchens with miles of lines of people waiting to eat.
As far as putting someone down for being homeless, Karma has a way of reshaping attitudes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bJ2w9PuIipcXX
That's very true but some people are just plain hustlers who play off others heartstrings. Maybe he actually enjoys living like a rogue on the road.
fista cuffs

Dekalb, IL

#14 Jun 22, 2013
fool me once wrote:
DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT click that link joe jared provided you with above!!!
why ? did you turn into a pumpkin?

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#15 Jun 22, 2013
If a Phil Collins song can generate such a reaction, I can only imagine what the Snordster's videos will invoke.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16 Jun 23, 2013
Joe Jared wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bJ2w9PuIipcXX
I doubt it's an accident we have neat and tidy, don't get my hands dirty ways of "saving the poor". I would love to see someone preaching the help others agenda, helping them in ways where they get up close and person and actually get to know the disadvantaged they parade around on a sign.

people don't want to see it, people avoid conviction like the plague. Hell I don't want to see it sometimes because I don't know how the hell to help them, there have been many times I broke eye contact with the homeless man holding a sign at the intersection because my look feels cheesy, he has no place to go and I'm driving home with a trunk full of food for my family...sucks. I love those people, I love seeing my daughter excited to help at the soup kitchen, but gosh I feel almost undeserving of all I have. I feel like with many of these homeless the difference between them and myself is the flip of a coin and some downright shitty luck in life. granted some are there for reasons within their control, want to be kept down by circumstance but many are no different than me and it breaks my heart to look them in the eye knowing that :(

I wish it were different where it was safe to just open your doors to any and every and feed strangers and give them a safe place to sleep...sadly that's not possible, too many dangers and why we stick to feeding neighbor KIDS lol
blowininthewind

United States

#17 Jun 23, 2013
gotta love the times, lol, they were called hobos and drifters, now, they are politically corrected into "homeless" and "with it" folks talk about how society treats them so badly, and make cheesy speeches about how they themselves are so wonderful and giving and blah, blah, blah, hogwash!
song

United States

#18 Jun 23, 2013
Songwriters: HILL, SCOTT / BALCH, BOB / DAVIS, BRAD / BJORK, BRANT
Trailer for sale or rent
Rooms to let fifty cents
No phone no pool no pets
I ain't got no cigarettes
Ah but, two hours of pushing broom
Buys a eight by twelve four bit room
I'm a man of means by no means
King of the road

Third bocxcar midnight train
Destination Bangor Maine
Old worn out suit and shoes
I don't pay no union dues
I smoke old stogies I have found
Short but not too big around
King of the road
I know every engineer on every train
All of the children and all of their names
And every handout in every town
And every lock that ain't locked when no one's around
I sing trailers for sale or rent...

Rooms to let fifty cents
No phone no pool no pets
Buys a eight by twelve four bit room
King of the road

Trailers for sale or rent
Rooms to let fifty cents
No phone no pool no pets
Send "King Of The Road" Ringtone to your Cell
King Of The Road lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.

LyricFind
Lyrics term of use
MTV Networks Contact Us / Privacy Policy / ToS / LyricsFreak © 2013
fista cuffs

Oregon, IL

#19 Jun 23, 2013
that song was written in 1964... 'times are a changin' - Dylan
curious

Lima, OH

#20 Jun 24, 2013
What's wrong with Phil Colins, "Another Day In Paradise"? Good song! Good lyrics!

Was wondering, is this real? Where has this so called homeless person been seen asking for hand outs?

How did you recognize it was the same person in the dark! in the woods?

That park closes at dusk, so what were u doin there?
vwcoach

Saint Marys, OH

#21 Jun 24, 2013
fista cuffs wrote:
homeless people are just like you and I...they've fallen on hard times (yes , im aware some are drug addicts, some have mental health issues), but a majority, across the board just have spent their last dime...living in s.w. florida , you come in contact with them quite frequently...to be honest , it hurts my heart to see people struggle so much, having to reduce their dignity to the point of asking for a handout, while I get to go home to a/c , open the fridge, eat / drink what I want...my wife and I make it a point every Christmas eve (in naples, where its almost epidemic)to get a handful of $5 bills, and hand them out... they are easy to identify by torn tattered clothes and dirty hands...the look of gratitude on there faces more than makes it worth while...it also makes us feel a little better , inside by helping the less privileged
screw em. they prolly voted for obumma. serves em rite
huh

United States

#22 Jun 24, 2013
spellcheck: probably, right

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Federal Mogul contract 47 min doubting thomas 251
Lincolnview Millions 1 hr Danny 11
Obama really cares 1 hr McDonald Von Drumpf 2
Middle point 1 hr Crook County 5
Drug Bust 1 hr Crook County 1
Executive Orders from obama 3 hr Pope Rush says 39
Is there a good doctor in Van Wert ??? 5 hr Jacob 12
Elkhart Plastics 6 hr Andy 9
Be considerate of where you park Sun Pope Idiot king 4

Van Wert Jobs