21 - 31 of 31 Comments Last updated Nov 21, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Agree

Mansfield, OH

#21 Sep 4, 2012
Crazy wrote:
I have been patient on here, all I see are parents or spectators bashing anyone who is trying to teach or coach students now bashing an music instructor, my god parents no wonder kids are the way they are in today society. The parents set the example, Im glad i came from the old school and was taught respect for everyone, and i passed it on to my children. SOME PARENTS NEED TO GROW UP. Im sure your kids are reading what you put on here.i know my grammer is not the best im using my cell phone.
It's like that with everything now. Half of the kids on sports teams don't have a clue what the word "team" even means because their parents make it all about them. I see it in football and dance the most. If you want to be a mom dancer then do it, but stop living through your kid and turning them into a cruel witch. If you want to be a football playing dad then get a team together and play, stop living through your kid and turning them into egotistical pigs.
Hmm

Mansfield, OH

#22 Sep 6, 2012
Personally, I believe Sloan is arrogant and condesending. And from personal experience, I can tell you that he plays favorites and if you don't have a rich family or an A level performance, he could care less about you. He shows no regard towards his students feelings, and he acts as if everyone should bend over and kiss his feet as he walks by. It is one of the saddest things to see a teacher not care about students that aren't perfect in every detail. And, if you do happen to make a mistake, he belittles you and makes you feel worthless and singles you out in front of the band. After he makes you hate yourself, he tells you how disappointed he is in your performance. Now, with all that being said... he does make one hell of a marching band show. And as a former student, I can tell you that there is nothing as wonderful as marching on the field at eggress stadium. And I loved every second of marching and learning the steps that he has planned.
Ashley

Bowling Green, OH

#23 Sep 10, 2012
I can honestly say that Mr. Sloan cares about his students way more than he lets on. I am a former student and last year around prom he took class time to tlk to us about being safe and he teared up just telling us how much we mean to him and then he told us that we could call him at any time for help. He is one of the most caring teachers at VWHS and his favorite part of his job is his students.

Since: Aug 12

Columbia, SC

#24 Sep 10, 2012
There ain't no I in team...... BUT THERE IS IN WIN!!!
Former band member

Lima, OH

#25 Sep 14, 2012
WOW!! What a great band show tonight!! VWHS band looked awesome! Thanks for the great show! Also, enjoyed the band marching under the stadium! Keep up the great work!!! VWHS band rocked tonight!!! GO COUGARS!!!!
Past band student

Wapakoneta, OH

#26 Oct 7, 2012
Bob Sloan is a worthless piece of shit!! All he did was play favorites!!! He was the worst band teacher I have ever had!! I paid to much money and waisted to much time with that shit!! Band camp was a joke!!
Life Long Resident

Ottawa, OH

#27 Oct 8, 2012
"Mr. Sloan and Mr. A are friends, and they do discuss the shows that Sloan creates. "

Had to laugh at that. NO they are not friends.
Sloan has no friends. As someone said earlier he arrogant and self absorbed, that is a understatement. I will take "A" any day of the week.
Average Joe

Hoytville, OH

#28 Oct 11, 2012
VWHS band sucks, i was in the band for 4 years and Mr.A,Ms.Kelly and Mrs.Decker rocked the house...our band was 3x the size of the bands the last couple years.
Jenelle Sperry

Ada, OH

#29 Oct 12, 2012
The VWHS band does not suck. They perform things that the typical high school football game attendee would not appreciate because they don't appreciate the art of corps style bands.

The size of the band doesn't necessarily reflect upon the band directors. All the bands in the area have shrunk in the past few years. It's a lack of interested from society, not the lack of effort by the directors.

Honestly, I have to chuckle at the anonymity of everyone posting in this thread. Apparently none of your parents taught you that if you had nothing nice to say that you shouldn't say anything at all, nor did you learn that posting here anonymously is the biggest show of cowardice possible. If you want your opinion to mean something, you should really put your name with it.
because

United States

#30 Oct 13, 2012
The band itself does not suck.....rather the halftime shows I used to see were terrible from a modern music lover! The shows from the other team were alive and upbeat but when VW began, I had to leave or be put to sleep! Believe what you want about Sloan, but in my opinion, Mr. A had it:)
Former Student Of His

Defiance, OH

#31 Nov 21, 2012
Why are you so hateful against him? I really want to see you Teach all the student that he does and come up with different performance to do for the students and trying not to pull out your hair!! I had him for a little bit in Paulding before he transferred, he was an awesome teacher! He really loves his job and cares for all the students!! You need to stop hating on him and walk 4 days in his shoes before you talk bad about him!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 17 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,474
Van Wert Taxi 41 min Dumbazzes 12
tell me once again 2 hr VWO 2
Alyssa Mobely and Jeni Wood 4 hr I heart the dykes 18
Alonzo M. 8 hr Van wertian 3
So speaking of ferguson 11 hr Van wertian 1
Baby sitters 12 hr love 14
what happened to... 16 hr funny thing is 4
Boycott the VW Fair 21 hr M1ab 35
•••
•••

Van Wert Jobs

•••