First Prev
of 2
Next Last
VanWertWaterWork s

Van Wert, OH

#1 Feb 6, 2013
What the fk is going on with the water department? I'm looking at a bill that is only a couple days past the due date, nothing anywhere on it about being shut off, and there's no shut off notice in the mail. I wake up to no water and I have to pay the bill plus an extra $25 to get it back on ??? Today is payday, they were going to get paid today anyway, but where the hell is my shut off notice??? Who is above their heads that I can call as this is far from the first time this has happened to me.

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#2 Feb 6, 2013
VanWertWaterWorks wrote:
What the fk is going on with the water department? I'm looking at a bill that is only a couple days past the due date, nothing anywhere on it about being shut off, and there's no shut off notice in the mail. I wake up to no water and I have to pay the bill plus an extra $25 to get it back on ??? Today is payday, they were going to get paid today anyway, but where the hell is my shut off notice??? Who is above their heads that I can call as this is far from the first time this has happened to me.
Oh that reminds me. I need to get this account switched over. Been there seen that. When I moved into the last place, it shut off within a couple days of moving in. Easily fixable, though.
Me too

Van Wert, OH

#3 Feb 6, 2013
Same thing happened to me today as well

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#4 Feb 6, 2013
Something doesn't make sense. Today is the 6th. Water/sewer payments are due the 15th. Either you're more than a few days late, or the Water Dept. was quick on the trigger to turn you off. Maybe it might be worth putting your payment on the automatic withdrawal to avoid this happening in the future.
hmmmm

Mount Gilead, OH

#5 Feb 6, 2013
The shut offs are not related to your bill due feb 15. They are because you did not pay your last 3 months payments; and yes you do get a shut off notice. You can get a copy of it if you need proof that it was sent.
utp

United States

#6 Feb 6, 2013
Mine was shut off today as well! We never receive a shut ofF notice. I actually thought maybe they were working on it at first. It was never this way when they just sent out the little post card looking bill. We always received our bill on the same day every month and it was alot cheaper! Now we receive them here and there...whenever. We are lucky to even get a monthly bill most of the time.
FYI

Irwin, PA

#7 Feb 6, 2013
Water/sewer payments are always due on the 15th. January would be when you received the disconnect. The bill you just received is due February 15, yes it included the past due and didn't say "disconnect"- because your January bill already informed you that service would be shut off.
good grief

Van Wert, OH

#8 Feb 7, 2013
a couple years ago I was only 3 days late paying mine and DID pay every month before and they shut me off for 3 days late.
duh

New Bloomington, OH

#9 Feb 7, 2013
Here is a brilliant idea PAY YOUR BILLS ON TIME YOU MORONS!!!!!
Whatever

Van Wert, OH

#10 Feb 7, 2013
duh wrote:
Here is a brilliant idea PAY YOUR BILLS ON TIME YOU MORONS!!!!!
Oh look, we have yet another asshole who thinks everyone in this town has a job and money in the bank. Look around blossom, we still have high unemployment rate. People struggle to pay bills. Some a few days late and some months late because they struggle. There are people out there that if they want to eat they actually have to buy their own groceries. I'm not knockin anyone who struggles, nor anyone on food stamps either. But I will knock anyone who thinks that EVERYONE has endless supplies of cash. Here in the real world,people struggle. Not everyone can afford the luxuries of fancy pools, and fancy schools, and all that. Maybe instead of critizing people for not being able to pay their bills on time maybe you should get down on your hands and knees and thank the good Lord above that you can. That is if you really are better than the rest of us.
utp

United States

#11 Feb 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, we have yet another asshole who thinks everyone in this town has a job and money in the bank. Look around blossom, we still have high unemployment rate. People struggle to pay bills. Some a few days late and some months late because they struggle. There are people out there that if they want to eat they actually have to buy their own groceries. I'm not knockin anyone who struggles, nor anyone on food stamps either. But I will knock anyone who thinks that EVERYONE has endless supplies of cash. Here in the real world,people struggle. Not everyone can afford the luxuries of fancy pools, and fancy schools, and all that. Maybe instead of critizing people for not being able to pay their bills on time maybe you should get down on your hands and knees and thank the good Lord above that you can. That is if you really are better than the rest of us.
Well said. I also receive not assistance at all. I have a job plus I'm in school full time. We have two incomes but at times, things happen! We try to stay up to date some times a blown head gasket in a vehicle (such as my problem) comes up. GUESS WHAT? Mommy can't get to and from work or school without a vehicle. Then how are those bills going to get paid at all? Things happen and some times no matter how hard you try you have to choose your battles!
Snork

Ann Arbor, MI

#12 Feb 7, 2013
What upsets me about the VW Water Works is that for 2 months we pay an "estimated" bill which is about $60 each, and then when they actually read the meter, they "over-estimated" and our bill is only $10. Hmmm, looks like they make a little extra interest on the "extra" we pay the first 2 months. It's kind of feels like getting a tax return...pay more than what is needed to get a large check once a year from the government, a "no-interest loan" for the government...AND, if you're late with any of the paperwork, it's more money they get to keep.
Blah

United States

#13 Feb 7, 2013
The water dept is dirty. We need competition with them . It's a monopoly so they think they can do what they want.
corrupt

Van Wert, OH

#14 Feb 7, 2013
I agree with the estimations. That is a joke, are they too lazy to have the people read the meter or at least better estimate the amounts from past usage. All my estimates are way high and its like giving them extra money to them every month. Then they keep raising the rates for what, our water lines in the city are ancient and they are only replacing them as needed but where does our money go that we are paying, that is supposed to be to replace all the ancient lines in the city. Kind of sad that they also give breaks to some businesses as I have been told. The city government needs to realize that we are still in a recession and have high unemployment rate for our area but they only know to raise and raise amounts and keep asking for more. The government should give back instead of taking, but I guess I am only dreamming.
hmmmm

Mount Gilead, OH

#15 Feb 7, 2013
Like there is a lot of interest being made!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#16 Feb 7, 2013
corrupt wrote:
I agree with the estimations. That is a joke, are they too lazy to have the people read the meter or at least better estimate the amounts from past usage. All my estimates are way high and its like giving them extra money to them every month. Then they keep raising the rates for what, our water lines in the city are ancient and they are only replacing them as needed but where does our money go that we are paying, that is supposed to be to replace all the ancient lines in the city. Kind of sad that they also give breaks to some businesses as I have been told. The city government needs to realize that we are still in a recession and have high unemployment rate for our area but they only know to raise and raise amounts and keep asking for more. The government should give back instead of taking, but I guess I am only dreamming.
The water billing department would like to go to a monthly reading system. It would make their jobs easier. To do so would require an investment in the latest meter reading technologies. Similar to the gas companies abilitie to drive by and scan the meter without getting out of the trucks. Right now close to $250,000 a year is siphoned from the water and sewer funds to pay for general fund salaries. That is money that could be better used by investing in this technology.
no kidding

Sunbury, OH

#17 Feb 7, 2013
So that is why they keep raising the water and sewer rates.
Whatever

Van Wert, OH

#18 Feb 7, 2013
It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to go buy water that my family drinks. My bill was $45 and some odd sense this month and all for water I can't drink. Did you happen to notice the insert in the bill this month about some bacteria that wont hurt you but they felt the need to tell us. Still remember that time when the water was cloudy and the mayor said "oh it safe, just looks cloudy" Screw you I aint drinkin water I cant see through! Still can't beleive he got elected yet again! My point is I am paying $45 bucks this month for water I can't drink......as usual!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#19 Feb 7, 2013
I have a water filtration system in my house for drinking water. The water from the tap tastes terrible and we don't drink it.
And yes, my water/sewer bill was in the mid $40's, for my small family.
Mary Elizaberth

Bryan, OH

#20 Feb 8, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you pay for your Lottery tickets, brews, & cigaretts on time? How much did you win in the Super Bowl?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Laugh Now 4 min Cry Later 1
Stopped Thru For A Visit 12 min Shocked 1
Lets Be Honest 12 min Just the facts 2
Lesbian Blame Game 16 min Right 2
Selfish People 25 min The Truth 1
People who have no REAL understanding 39 min Hmmmmmm 1
the truth is a hard pill to swallow 47 min Shaking My Head 1
Questins 2 hr Rush Says 31
need a room 3 hr idiots 7
CBar Thread 5 hr Shot n a beer 11