Centerburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

42 shooting deaths in Chicago since the first of January. I'm pretty sure that most of the shooters were criminals and will never give up their guns no matter what laws are changed. You want to know why? Because criminals don't obey the law, idiots. The only thing that taking guns from law abiding citizens will do is drive up home invasions, car jackings and even more gun murders because they will know that no one will be able to defend themselves. What city did the current president come from? Oh yea, it was Chicago. Wake up people.
Heather

Fort Jennings, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

V-dubs finest wrote:
42 shooting deaths in Chicago since the first of January. I'm pretty sure that most of the shooters were criminals and will never give up their guns no matter what laws are changed. You want to know why? Because criminals don't obey the law, idiots. The only thing that taking guns from law abiding citizens will do is drive up home invasions, car jackings and even more gun murders because they will know that no one will be able to defend themselves. What city did the current president come from? Oh yea, it was Chicago. Wake up people.
You sure he came from Chicago? Or was it Kenya? Or maybe Hawaii! The man wouldn't be able to tell the truth if he read it off the teleprompter. Now he is messing with our rights! Hitler took away the peoples ability to protect themselves and annihilated people for there religious preference. Odumbass is trying to do the same thing and now the Cabinet is full of Muslims. I guess if you are a criminal you are ok to have weapons that you refuse to give up leaving the rest of us sitting ducks without them. What is going to happen if they pass any of these bills? There is going to be a whole new kind of criminal, and it's going to be the people that refuse to hand over the one thing that the founding fathers said we have a right to keep to protect ourselves from everyone even the Government. How did this man make it to office? His own wife has dissed our country yet because he isn't white people want him there? I hate discussing politics but oh well this is only my opinion.

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

spike wrote:
Joe Jared, yep, the strongest emotion is FEAR!
That is what the NRA us using by telling people if you ban assault weapons, only criminals will have guns! This way it sounds like you won't be able to have any gun of any type. Even squirt guns. So FEAR IS THE BIGGEST EMOTION.
The problem with this fear mongering is that between media and government, we are being scared into doing the wrong thing. This is how politics work turning tragedy into an opportunity. If we are to truly solve the problem, the target shouldn't be the guns, but rather the flaws in psychiatry and medicine. Pain killers don't just kill physical pain, but emotional pain as well. That lack of emotional pain effectively turns people into sociopaths and cripples our ability to empathize with the feelings of others.

As for psychiatry, it's widely known that anti-depressants cause manic episodes with few exceptions. I myself, in the early 1980's was hospitalized because of such a condition, medically induced. The line between attempted suicide and murder is only one of direction of the anger, whether it be inward or outward. I could have just as easily become a murderer under that condition instead of attempting suicide, especially having been raised in an extremely violent household.
V-dubs finest

Centerburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

An off duty armed guard disarmed the school shooter yesterday in Atlanta after the gun man shot 1 student. Why isn't this all over the news? Oh yea, it doesn't push their agenda. By the way, the shooting victim did not die.
Laura Marbaugh

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Get With It wrote:
They should arm the janitorial staff lol. Honestly i think it's excessive. If anyone as a parent is paranoid so much that they think we need to have armed guards at our schools then why don't you volunteer your time? If you're registered to carry a handgun then maybe go to the school board and suggest that. No need to waste our tax dollars because the news (who's the biggest pusher of this gun legislation) has scared you into thinking someone's going to do it around here.
Arming someone with a gun who has a license to carry a concealed weapon doesn't mean they would know how to use it or when it is acceptable to use it. People are easy to over react to a situation. I actually talked about this very issue here http://www.inquisitr.com/495011/texas-two-mor...

"Just to say some is permitted to carry a weapon doesn't mean they know how to use it or when it is acceptable to use it. You've got to know how to realize when a real risk is present vs. a hoax. Many children like to play pranks on people. Some have been shot when joking acting as though they had a gun when they had nothing or used a bee bee gun or just a cheap toy. I own a gun and I was trained to use it that doesn't mean if a risks arises that I wouldn't freeze up or misfire. You need to train for such scenarios like a fire drill or tornado or flooding or any disaster. You need to be trained to put aside emotions so that you limit the chance of freezing or misfiring. Fact = Majority of people under extreme or frightening stress do not always make rational decision put themselves and others at greater risks and could cost the lives of others including their own life. you can find that information posted from the Search and Rescue teams - I found this information in a readers digest book."

My post is on the top of the list along with other people who talked about this. I also replied to a few posts as well.
Laura Marbaugh

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

I will also add while some are talking about money for the extra costs. Really? No amount of money should be asked when it comes to the protection of innocent children, people should be happy with just knowing that their helping save children from being harmed!! People who are trained could volunteer for this not just local civilians with only a license to carry.

Schools should have available funding and volunteers for every situation when it comes to security. They should be given the opportunity to have security doors on each and every classroom, security cameras at all entrances and exits as well as windows and hall ways with a clear view of every inch of the schools, metal detectors at all entrances and exits. An at least 2 armed guards (who are trained) in the building.

Schools could ask pretty much any veteran if they would mind giving a few hours of their day to volunteer at their local schools most would agree. Schools could also ask the military they have soldiers wanting desk duty to sit at schools and they would probably assign them the job. Charity events could be done to help raise money. There are parents who could volunteer to sit and watch security monitors in order to give a helping hand to security.

Parents who fight back against this as a team effort would be much more successful in keeping the risks of violence down. I will volunteer myself in any help needed to give more security to schools. Anyone who is wanting and willing to put thoughts into action get a hold of me on facebook Laura Yepthatsme this very issue with schools has been on my mind for some time now and all children need is people who are willing and able to step to the plate. No matter any differences anyone sees against another it's children who are most important. If we come together and put our ideas together we will have some where to start.
Get With It

Lebanon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Well I guess we should just have the govt hold our hand from cradle to grave. Maybe i should have someone posted on my sidewalk when my kid rides his bike. Someone with EMT status in case her hurts himself. I surely am not capable of doing something for myself so i'll ask that the gov. to provide someone to protect us always, you know because how many kids fall off of their bike and become crippled?

Poor ass excuse. Children are important. I love mine to no end, but i do not think it is necessary to have a cop at the school. Period.
huh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

V-dubs finest wrote:
An off duty armed guard disarmed the school shooter yesterday in Atlanta after the gun man shot 1 student. Why isn't this all over the news? Oh yea, it doesn't push their agenda. By the way, the shooting victim did not die.
whose agenda? and yeah it was all over the news, and just how did you know about it?
V-dubs finest

Centerburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Topix? LOL
Laura Marbaugh

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Get With It wrote:
Well I guess we should just have the govt hold our hand from cradle to grave. Maybe i should have someone posted on my sidewalk when my kid rides his bike. Someone with EMT status in case her hurts himself. I surely am not capable of doing something for myself so i'll ask that the gov. to provide someone to protect us always, you know because how many kids fall off of their bike and become crippled?
Poor ass excuse. Children are important. I love mine to no end, but i do not think it is necessary to have a cop at the school. Period.
Seriously? Your comparing the murder of innocent children to a bicycle boo boo?!? Yeah okay you go on step aside, other parents are actually concerned and enough for this type of issue to be addressed by the Government.
okay

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Laura Marbaugh wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Your comparing the murder of innocent children to a bicycle boo boo?!? Yeah okay you go on step aside, other parents are actually concerned and enough for this type of issue to be addressed by the Government.
Wait a second aren't you the one who was putting our government down and saying that any way you could screw it over you would? Now you want the very same government to protect your children? Don't get me wrong I am all for the gun control laws. I seriously don't think there is any reason any one should own an assault rifle. I just find it funny that the very government that you claim you are against you now want them to protect your child.
Laura Marbaugh

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

okay wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a second aren't you the one who was putting our government down and saying that any way you could screw it over you would? Now you want the very same government to protect your children? Don't get me wrong I am all for the gun control laws. I seriously don't think there is any reason any one should own an assault rifle. I just find it funny that the very government that you claim you are against you now want them to protect your child.
Don't twist my words there sweet cheeks. I said the very ISSUE is being ADDRESSED by the GOVERNMENT. Not that I am with them or ain't against them or none of the sort. I simply said it was being addressed by them so obviously it is a serious issue. What just because I am anti-government I can't have similar concerns as the government does? LOL
Ambush

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Putting an armed guard at the school won't do any good. There are trees to the East and West of the schools in which a gunman could hide with a high powered rifle. Pull the fire alarm and everyone has to exit the building, at which point they all become potential targets. It has happened before elsewhere. A shooter does not even have to be out in the open to target Van Wert's Schools, the trees will provide cover. They obviously didn't consider that potential security threat when placing the schools in the center of multiple groves of trees.
Laura Marbaugh

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Ambush wrote:
Putting an armed guard at the school won't do any good. There are trees to the East and West of the schools in which a gunman could hide with a high powered rifle. Pull the fire alarm and everyone has to exit the building, at which point they all become potential targets. It has happened before elsewhere. A shooter does not even have to be out in the open to target Van Wert's Schools, the trees will provide cover. They obviously didn't consider that potential security threat when placing the schools in the center of multiple groves of trees.
Just as someone could use a sniper rifle or a bomb. Anyone can become a target but it's preventive actions to limit and lessen the risks that are important, can't just leave the door wide open for criminals.
Laura Marbaugh

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Most bigger city schools already do have a cop on site and metal detectors. Fort Wayne high schools have cops on site and in the office at times.

“you like it, you like it a lot”

Since: May 12

screw you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

umm...if she's ever bought anything in her life than she paid sales tax...if she drives and has a license with plates, she's paid taxes. if she ever worked a job, shes paid taxes, if she lives in a house she's paid property taxes. why you always up in her ass there fista? you know one of these days im gonna bend you over my kitchn table and ride you like a horse.

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

the awesome hey wrote:
umm...if she's ever bought anything in her life than she paid sales tax...if she drives and has a license with plates, she's paid taxes. if she ever worked a job, shes paid taxes, if she lives in a house she's paid property taxes. why you always up in her ass there fista? you know one of these days im gonna bend you over my kitchn table and ride you like a horse.
Everyone pays something. In fact, I think the founders would have had much more than a tea party over how much wealth is stolen from Americans today.

http://uscode.house.gov/download/title_26.sht... (28 MB)

Oh, and thanks for the visual. It was bad enough having a visual of Old people in a pond skinny dipping from the Monday meeting.
Harley

Fort Jennings, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

the awesome hey wrote:
If she owned that house, she would pay property tax. Renters don't.
Do you bend her over the table and ride her like a horse?
It seems she believes the second amendment is more important to her than the lives of kids. Remember she said the second amendment doesn't say you can't own assault weapons.
She said the former Judge Fortney forced her to get her kids vacinated. He worked for the government.
She likes the government only when it fits her wants!
Yes she pays taxes, but then again, taxes pay her wages "WELFARE"!

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Harley wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems she believes the second amendment is more important to her than the lives of kids. Remember she said the second amendment doesn't say you can't own assault weapons.
She said the former Judge Fortney forced her to get her kids vacinated. He worked for the government.
She likes the government only when it fits her wants!
Yes she pays taxes, but then again, taxes pay her wages "WELFARE"!
When taxes go up on a property, usually, rent goes up too. It's just not clean and tidy in terms of how those taxes are paid.

I agree with you in terms of hypocrisy. There really is no middle-ground position. When we accept money from the state, we give up many rights in the process.

As for welfare, for every $1 that she gets, corporations get $4. For hospitals alone, if people on welfare were required to pay, many hospitals would actually go bankrupt. On the positive, if people on Welfare had to put any money out for healthcare, they too would think twice before feeding the corporate welfare system.

“you like it, you like it a lot”

Since: May 12

screw you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Harley wrote:
<quoted text>
i have 2 questions: 1) who cares? and 2) is she hot?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

88 Users are viewing the Van Wert Forum right now

Search the Van Wert Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Guy in black camaro/challenger/charger on Spenc... 27 min vwdubber 9
Strunkenburg placed on leave pending investigation 35 min Joe Jared 40
Victoria Panning 41 min Drama 4
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 44 min woo-boy 29,187
Animal lovers 48 min rebel 52
dog warden (Jul '13) 52 min rebel 76
rich and cayonna (Mar '12) 2 hr hello 8
Shot and stabbed 10 hr lol 56
•••
•••
•••
•••

Van Wert Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••