Where Will The $$$ Come From For School Security

Posted in the Van Wert Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
spike

Fort Jennings, OH

#1 Jan 31, 2013
If the NRA gets their way, there will be at least 1 cop in every school. Van Wert has 2 buildings. How will they pay for the extra cost?
Get With It

Lima, OH

#2 Jan 31, 2013
They should arm the janitorial staff lol. Honestly i think it's excessive. If anyone as a parent is paranoid so much that they think we need to have armed guards at our schools then why don't you volunteer your time? If you're registered to carry a handgun then maybe go to the school board and suggest that. No need to waste our tax dollars because the news (who's the biggest pusher of this gun legislation) has scared you into thinking someone's going to do it around here.
The Rev LeRoy

Marysville, OH

#3 Jan 31, 2013
spike wrote:
If the NRA gets their way, there will be at least 1 cop in every school. Van Wert has 2 buildings. How will they pay for the extra cost?
Money is no object. Why they will just ask you to pass another school levy.
spike

Fort Jennings, OH

#4 Jan 31, 2013
Get With It wrote:
They should arm the janitorial staff lol. Honestly i think it's excessive. If anyone as a parent is paranoid so much that they think we need to have armed guards at our schools then why don't you volunteer your time? If you're registered to carry a handgun then maybe go to the school board and suggest that. No need to waste our tax dollars because the news (who's the biggest pusher of this gun legislation) has scared you into thinking someone's going to do it around here.
Yes I'm registered
I'm not trained to protect a bunch of kids. I would need special training.
I would have to be insured. Who would pay for that?
Last, I work during the school hours. Do you suggest I quit my job and go on welfare and do it?
The janitors I had when I was in school, I don't think that would have been a good idea.
spike

Fort Jennings, OH

#5 Jan 31, 2013
PS, I know this is excessive. But that is what schools are doing. Not around here yet.
What do you suggest?

“Politics. 2 cheeks of 1 ass.”

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#6 Jan 31, 2013
The strongest emotion used to control people is fear. The end result of government involvement in making people safer in school will be to turn schools into prisons. Just ask the kids of Columbine how they feel about their school if you doubt it.
mike

Lima, OH

#8 Jan 31, 2013
shouldnt this fall under homeland security and our 80,000 a year plus benifits weatherman?

“Politics. 2 cheeks of 1 ass.”

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#9 Jan 31, 2013
mike wrote:
shouldnt this fall under homeland security and our 80,000 a year plus benifits weatherman?
Do you actually trust any agency armed with bullets banned by the UN?
V-dubs finest

Mansfield, OH

#10 Jan 31, 2013
spike wrote:
PS, I know this is excessive. But that is what schools are doing. Not around here yet.
What do you suggest?
Why do you think that a nut job will only kill at a school? Why not :
1. park
2. track meet
3. bus
4.walmart
5 football game
6.restaurante
7. the fair
I could go on and on. The fact is that a madman can kill anywhere that he chooses ,but if he tries one of the above he doesn't know if someone has a concealed carry permit. No gun zone reads- open season to someone hell bent on destruction.
truedoc

Deshler, OH

#11 Jan 31, 2013
How about cutting the double dipping? Cut the salaries of the bloated principals, superintendents and the like. You know, for the kids.
Get With It

Lima, OH

#12 Jan 31, 2013
A county in northern ohio is training their janitors to carry firearms, "spike". They seem to think that's a great idea. MAybe ther training is to shoot no lower than 4 feet off the ground. I on the other hand think it's retarded. And i will agree with 'v-dubs finest' on this that if someone wants to kill at a selected location then they'll do just that.

As for you quitting your job/being on welfare, well you have to decide for yourself if your child's safety is that high of a priority. You raise an interesting point though. Do you take the responsibility and act on something you think is necessary, or do you ask the Gov. to SPEND to have a cop at the school?

In all reality if you're so worried about the schools, maybe we should have people posted EVERYWHERE!? It's dangerous on the streets. More people die in their homes from criminals than what happened at these schools. Oh you know what that would be? Martial Law. You see this having people guarding the school is a slippery slope of what scared, fearful people like you can inflict on this country. You're playing into the Goverment's hands very nicely.

“you like it, you like it a lot”

Since: May 12

screw you

#13 Jan 31, 2013
it's ok people, i'll do it...just give me a gun and ill be there at the school. trust me. oh, and just so you know i take spit wad throwing as a threat. and sometimes my parkinson's acts up, but i'm sure it'll be ok.
idiot

Marysville, OH

#14 Jan 31, 2013
As many times as you have posted you almost look like Murphy incognito.

“you like it, you like it a lot”

Since: May 12

screw you

#15 Jan 31, 2013
idiot wrote:
As many times as you have posted you almost look like Murphy incognito.
gasp! shhh don't tell ok?
Rush Says

Lima, OH

#16 Jan 31, 2013
Let's give a bunch of filthy hobos assault rifles, then turn them loose in our schools for minimum wage.
We solve the homeless problem, the "security" problem, and we'll create jobs that can't be shipped overseas.

“..EXPECT US..”

Since: Dec 12

LULZ, OHIO

#20 Jan 31, 2013
I'll do it. I could be on the bomb squad. Ya know, since I still dream about doing shit like that. Ka Boom!

“A bag that is unattended ”

Since: Feb 10

VWHS

#21 Jan 31, 2013
ROFLMAO! Quick someone call da POLICIA OR FBIII

“..EXPECT US..”

Since: Dec 12

LULZ, OHIO

#22 Jan 31, 2013
unattendedbag wrote:
ROFLMAO! Quick someone call da POLICIA OR FBIII
Oh they might, but probably won't. Just like idiot rambles on all the time about me committing welfare fraud but does nothing to try to stop it from happening and thinks I should be ashamed. If anything she should be ashamed for complaining about it yet doing nothing at all to try to stop it.
Rush Says

Lima, OH

#23 Feb 1, 2013
i love me wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha! Someone mention vets coming back from Iraq too. Can you imagine GI Joe suffering from PTSD opening fire in pe class because he thinks the kids are throwing grenades when in reality it's just a simple game of dodgeball.
Yikes. All you gotta do is stay behind the fat kid anyway, just like dodgeball.
Remember about two months ago when these gun toting rubes thought teachers were just "union lackeys"? Well, now they want to give them assault rifles around your children...
spike

Fort Jennings, OH

#24 Feb 1, 2013
I love all the positive comments! My question was who would pay for the protection in schools.
I'm not the one that suggested putting armed guards in schools.
It was David Keene, you know. Maybe not! He is the president of the NRA. The armed guards is his and the NRA great idea. It looks like several people don't even know who says what.
To V-dubs finest, you left out THEATERS!.
Joe Jared, yep, the strongest emotion is FEAR!
That is what the NRA us using by telling people if you ban assault weapons, only criminals will have guns! This way it sounds like you won't be able to have any gun of any type. Even squirt guns. So FEAR IS THE BIGGEST EMOTION.
Look at David Keene, he is scared because someone threatened his life. Now he wants to blame everyone but himself for the threats.
Those that want something done about the violence are less dangerous than those that want to keep it out there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
next mayor 2 hr Steve Rusk 39
News Van Wert Police and Seriff Reports 3 hr crabapple 1
News Van Wert Couty Court news 3 hr crabapple 1
News Third annual Fashion Show held at Wassenberg Ar... 3 hr crabapple 1
haviland drainage 3 hr crabapple 19
You might be in Van Wert if... 3 hr crabapple 65
whats up with the marsh foundation (Aug '11) 4 hr crabapple 95
A novel idea Tue asking 21

Van Wert Jobs

More from around the web