Drones: Whatcha gonna do!?

Posted in the Van Wert Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Get With It

Lima, OH

#1 Feb 5, 2013
Did you happen to see the little news article on the main page of this sight saying that the gov can kill americans? They also had a news article on yahoo discussing that their justification for this and it's broad at best.

I agree we need to snuff out terrorists, but americans? Don't think this won't happen on american soil. Congress approved the drones that will be flying in this coutry to be armed with missles. What do you think they need that for? We are we resorting to such a thing when we've not been attacked since 01?

Maybe we need to stop watching the 24 hour news channels along with ABC, NBC, and CBS. Maybe we should stop only blaming the president and go and vote out our senators and congressmen that vote for these things. Maybe the majority of you on here need to wake up.

Seriosly though. A lot of you Red Republicans will bitch your heads off, but are you going to do anything about it!?

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#2 Feb 5, 2013
"Your vote matters... ". What matters is American ingenuity. To assume that there is no common defense against enemies foreign and DOMESTIC would be flawed. Iran brought one down and destroyed a second one. That is worth investigating, but an electrician and a machinist could offer an alternative defense, simply by designing a c-rail gun. Imagine a disk designed to hold 1/4" ball bearings at a radius of 5". Imagine this disk rotating at a rate of 46,000 RPM. Imagine an outer race for these bearings that can slide out of the way, allowing these bearings to fly free. At launch, these projectiles would travel at a rate of more than 17,000 MPH and would have no trouble what-so-ever, reaching their mark, even at high altitudes, and every bit of this technology is publicly available.

Van Wert, OH

#3 Feb 5, 2013
One detail left out, would be to imagine that when the race is slid out of the way, it funnels to a tube for controlled launch. Goliath, meet David.
oooooo boy

Deshler, OH

#4 Feb 5, 2013
What's required to get something with that weight and inertia to spin at 46,000 RPM? Wouldn't the associated friction, and heat generation warp the race, cause drag and prevent the machine from reaching that high RPM?

Van Wert, OH

#5 Feb 5, 2013
It should easily work with a 4HP spindle motor and a phase inverter. In terms of friction, a vacuum pump could help, but spinning up would be a matter of seconds, followed by ramping down without load, not continuous use. I wouldn't expect much heat buildup also because we're not talking about a conventional bullet, but a component designed to roll in a race.

Also, keep in mind that most oil hardened tool steel bearings are actually magnetic. The trigger could be a electronic coil designed to pull the bearing out of the race.

The point is that it could be made and people of America have stood up against much worse, an insurmountable army of redcoats. Between ingenuity and outright non-violent non-compliance it wouldn't take long to humble even the largest of governments. If the entire nation of people employed suddenly changed their exemptions to 9, it would be a major voice of opposition without firing a single shot.

Van Wert, OH

#6 Feb 5, 2013
huh

United States

#7 Feb 5, 2013
does anyone else find it creepy that this poster has such an interest in and knowledge of about how to make bombs?
relax

United States

#8 Feb 5, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-memo...

here is the news story; not quite as bad as Joe presents it; yea, Americans could be killed during the American Revolution too if they were proven traitors

Van Wert, OH

#9 Feb 5, 2013
huh wrote:
does anyone else find it creepy that this poster has such an interest in and knowledge of about how to make bombs?
There's a big difference between a bottle rocket for fireworks and a bomb. Anyone with a basic understanding of chemistry could make a bomb. As for the thread of drones over American skies, it's already something approved by congress and only a matter of time.
Insight

Lima, OH

#10 Feb 7, 2013
Get With It wrote:
Maybe we should stop only blaming the president and go and vote out our senators and congressmen that vote for these things. Maybe the majority of you on here need to wake up.
Seriosly though. A lot of you Red Republicans will bitch your heads off, but are you going to do anything about it!?
The fuh?

Stop blaming the president? It was Obama and the DOJ's "reasoning" on a piece of paper that gave him this sweeping personal power. There were no senators or congressmen that voted for this. In fact, most - if not all of them - first heard about it when we did. When the memo was "leaked" to the media.
So, newsflash... this wasn't just leaked by accident. It was purposefully leaked by an insider that obviously has a big problem with what is going on.

This isn't about your so-called 'Red Republicans'. It isn't even about Democrats. This is about the Obama administration going around the entire process in secrecy and doing as they please.
Both parties, Republicans and Democrats, are more than a little bit upset with Obama and his blatant disregard for Constitutional law, due process and SOP that most presidents in the past were bound by.
And, yes, Bush did it too.
We the people are being trampled on, right along with the Constitution, in the name/guise of protection.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can say for certain that I am far less afraid of any supposed Muslim jihadist or terrorist, insurgent, etc, than I am of this reckless and tyrannical government that has been raping the rights of the people since 2001.
yea well

United States

#11 Feb 7, 2013
Joe Jared wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a big difference between a bottle rocket for fireworks and a bomb. Anyone with a basic understanding of chemistry could make a bomb. As for the thread of drones over American skies, it's already something approved by congress and only a matter of time.
fact remains most people aren't interested in making them and you are creepy

Van Wert, OH

#12 Feb 7, 2013
yea well wrote:
<quoted text>fact remains most people aren't interested in making them and you are creepy
Fear seems to control you.
V-dubs finest

Mansfield, OH

#13 Feb 7, 2013
Joe, can you build a flux capacitor?

Van Wert, OH

#14 Feb 7, 2013
V-dubs finest wrote:
Joe, can you build a flux capacitor?
Great movie, and no.
V-dubs finest

Mansfield, OH

#15 Feb 7, 2013
To bad : - (

Since: Dec 12

Scott, OH

#16 Feb 8, 2013
I think every terrorist that threatens America should be snuffed out be it American or foreign. Drones are the ultimate weapon of choice. I hope the ex GI cop in Cali killing cops gets a bullet between his eyes. Sorry but I'm sick of these punk murder kill thyself cowards running rampant in our world locally and abroad.

Van Wert, OH

#17 Feb 8, 2013
T_R_Shack wrote:
I think every terrorist that threatens America should be snuffed out be it American or foreign. Drones are the ultimate weapon of choice. I hope the ex GI cop in Cali killing cops gets a bullet between his eyes. Sorry but I'm sick of these punk murder kill thyself cowards running rampant in our world locally and abroad.
If drones were truly fighting terrorists, they would be bombing the politicians, and certainly not innocent men, women, and children.
adam grogg

United States

#18 Feb 8, 2013
The constitution was set up to be the will of the people expressed thru an elected official the problem is the candidates lie to get elected then help further a system that benefits them at the expense of all of us. I have an idea to solve this but would cause some issues but its a start well a restart actually all elected officials are out we elect new representatives all the way from mayor to president all who have been in office cannot be reelected and no 1 who has any corporate interests can be elected at all

“you like it, you like it a lot”

Since: May 12

screw you

#19 Feb 8, 2013
so does this mean i can't have an al queda training camp in my backyard anymore? darn.
Repent

Celina, OH

#20 Feb 8, 2013
The world is Satans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lincolnview Millions 3 hr U had your chance 26
Johnnys moving out of state YAY!!!!!!!! 3 hr Jack Frost 1
chad thatcher 4 hr bam 1
Van Crest Health Care 5 hr Good luck 2
New color pavement in Van Wert 9 hr VW4TheLoss 2
Executive Orders from obama 10 hr McDonald Con Drumpf 56
Lindsey McDonald 14 hr That guy 1
now who died 21 hr Curious 2
Federal Mogul contract Wed doubting thomas 273

Van Wert Jobs