elementry school shooting

elementry school shooting

Posted in the Van Wert Forum

girl broken

Loveland, OH

#1 Dec 14, 2012
On the news now very disturbing. My prayers go out to the families .
how

United States

#2 Dec 14, 2012
How could ANYONE do this?! I feel terrible for the families...couldn't imagine my 9yr old getting killed like this and waiting for her to come out of school only to find out she had been shot!
bluewater

New York, NY

#3 Dec 14, 2012
What in the world could have went wrong in a 24 year olds mind to do this. Prayers and thoughts go out to all the families that were affected.
ashley renee

Lima, OH

#5 Dec 14, 2012
rest in peace to all those beautiful children <3
unreal

Deshler, OH

#6 Dec 14, 2012
Most experts say violent video games like Call Of Duty don't cause people to act violently but I'm not convinced. Don't even know if this shooter played anything like that, but when is enough, enough. When I left the Army as a 20 year old 40 years ago, it took me years to regain the respect for life I had before I went in.
bad idea

Bronx, NY

#9 Dec 14, 2012
Here's a bad idea......let's put every child in own town in 1 school building, so if some psycho wants to go on a shooting spree they are all in 1 place.....brilliant. Of course that is a worst case scenario. It also makes a daily headache and expense to drive the kids there, either in a car or bus. They should have left the neighborhood schools open...just my thought.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#10 Dec 14, 2012
bad idea wrote:
Here's a bad idea......let's put every child in own town in 1 school building, so if some psycho wants to go on a shooting spree they are all in 1 place.....brilliant. Of course that is a worst case scenario. It also makes a daily headache and expense to drive the kids there, either in a car or bus. They should have left the neighborhood schools open...just my thought.
My sister teaches in Lima, and all the new schools have a system where you have to be "buzzed" in. I believe the VWCS have the same design. Bottom line is that if someone is intent on getting in and killing, they'll find a way.

I would be interested in knowing how many teachers in the State of Ohio do have Concealerd Carry Permits?
So sad

Lima, OH

#11 Dec 14, 2012
Kirby R Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
My sister teaches in Lima, and all the new schools have a system where you have to be "buzzed" in. I believe the VWCS have the same design. Bottom line is that if someone is intent on getting in and killing, they'll find a way.
I would be interested in knowing how many teachers in the State of Ohio do have Concealerd Carry Permits?
Good point Kirby I think it has sadly come a time to arm our teachers and principles inside the school. We trust these people not to harm our children why not trust them to defend them they need to arm certain teachers and all principles and admin. Staff I know this sounds crazy but there is clearly no other options

Since: Dec 12

Scott, OH

#12 Dec 14, 2012
This happens all around the world every day as in terrorist mass killings of innocents. It's not supposed to happen in American but it's happening more and more. This punk was just another cowardly terrorist murderer.

In reference to ,Call of Duty it's just a game in that you are not doing anything but scoring points in the same way you do a sports game. When I play the game I don't even care about the persons name I just want to score points for my team. I'm not sold on the premise that shooter games glorify killing anybody. Irresponsible parents are more to blame then video games.

It should be impossible for anybody to enter a school at all with a weapon period. In today's age a school should be operated like a jail or prison when concerning accessibility.

In many overseas businesses you have to go through a metal detector plus a pat down just to get in a business like a shopping mall. Nobody complains knowing its for their security. These are nations where only criminals own guns not citizens. I hate to think we in America are at that point. Maybe we are.
super grill

Loveland, OH

#14 Dec 14, 2012
Look here fubar I hope u don't procreate... wat if it was ur kid tht got shot or r u like my no good husband tht is a dead beat dad/junkie and I hope u saved ur mommas face for u can remember who raised u and why or who is the reason u act/behave today so take a look in the mirror an realize wat u just said... if u die anytime soon noones goin to care cuz u dnt care tht those kids died cuz u show it have a nice pathetic life dead beat person... just sayin this if tht was my daughter I would b out looking for the bastard tht did it to my kid so u need to think bout wat u say b4 u say it keep ur stupid shit hole closed if u can't say anything nice. welcome to walmart get ur shit an get the fuck out!!!!!!!!!! Have a nice day
unreal

Deshler, OH

#16 Dec 14, 2012
My guess is that you video game lovers would crap your pants in a real combat situation so yeah, it's only a game.
Unreal

Lima, OH

#17 Dec 14, 2012
Our entire country a political system need to step up and start taking ownership of these incidents. What happens in van wert if someone gets busted for dealing drugs? Answer they are out in a few days on bond. Meanwhile the junkies that they are selling o our commiiting violent crimes. Sex offenders and sexual predators being released into our neighborhoods daily. These fu$&in slugs have more rights than us good people.I can guarantee you that if someone messed with my kids I would gladly do the time to defend their honor. As you continue to lock people up that are not able to be rehabilitated then turn them loose this what we are seeing today is going to be the outcome. People in this country need to be very very scared to mess with anyone or their children for what the outcome of societys punishment will be.the only state that I see close to this in this country is Texas go to Texas and pull some bull$&it and see what happens. No pussy footen around they will off your ass in a second and never think twice about it.ask yourself why a lot of former dictators in this world were executing people daily.these people are the ones capable of the unthinkable crimes like that committed today.it's called an eye for an eye read your bible it talks quite a bit about it.America does not need to turn in to a vigilante state quite yet but we are no to far away if our current system continues to treat rapist ,murders, and child offenders the way they do. The slugs of society have more rights than us hard working law abiding Americans.I also want to say that any and all that live in a state that allows you to obtain a conceal and carry permit. Do it without undue delay it doesn't take much and actually a pretty fun day to get it.I am a strong grown man with a family that is no stranger to mixing it up. But I am smart enough to realize that I need to be ready to defend my family and myself 24/7 with all means possible.my deepest thoughts and prayers go out to the poor children and families that have had to endure this horrific event as to all others that have had to deal with the same type of crimes that may have impacted your life's. One other thing to think about we can spend billions of dollars sending American jobs to china and our troops to Iraq and afganastan yes billions of dollars to ensure these people's safety but on our own home front we can't keep our own people safe. Think about it folks how much would it cost in the whole grand scheme of things to put a armed police officer in very school in America yes armed. It has to happen a Cpz is what I call a criminal protection zone. That being where some coward like this commits there crimes knowing for a fact that nobody inside is going to be armed to provide any real resistance. You might think that this sounds crazy with putting armed police in our schools but what choice have these slugs given us? Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading hope you have gained some insight and don't forget about that ccw permit. Merry Christmas
Rational

Port Matilda, PA

#18 Dec 14, 2012
One guy tries to use a shoe bomb= everyone taking off their shoes at the airport.

31 school shootings since Columbine= no changes.
Josh Metcalfe

Lakeland, FL

#19 Dec 15, 2012
wow this is very sad indeed, this was one of the biggest tragedies, yet to kill innocent children is very sick, and hope this don't cause copy cat shootings, there is a special place in hell for Adam now, and my prayers and thoughts go out to all the children's parents,and all that have been involved

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stacey Sturwold 1 hr Trout 1
Oh my Gosh! 2 hr Dr Phil 3
News Starr Commonwealth to shut doors July 1 (Apr '10) 4 hr Starr 34
Where are all of the libs 5 hr Genril Lee 7
I warned you 6 hr TheRealVW 10
goodjob 6 hr TheRealVW 33
News Galloway charged with multiple felonies after a... 17 hr TrashisTrash 56
Marsh Supermarket Mon Pope Rush says 11

Van Wert Jobs

More from around the web