Best home insurance company or agent ...

Best home insurance company or agent in Van Wert?

Posted in the Van Wert Forum

researching

Bellefontaine, OH

#1 Nov 27, 2012
I'm buying another home and was wondering what is the best insurance agent company in the area. I have always bought insurance online, and I think this time I wanted to be able to talk to an agent face to face.

I had thought about State Farm. I know the agent is Steve Bailey. But I have heard a few bad things about State Farm lately. Any other recommendations? I will probably combine automotive as well.

I'm not looking for the absolute cheapest, but I would like to pay a fair price, and get the best possible coverage. I have excellent credit so that won't be an issue.

Basically who is the best, that provides the best coverage, for the best price? Any suggestions to someone local?
rebel

Lima, OH

#2 Nov 27, 2012
researching wrote:
I'm buying another home and was wondering what is the best insurance agent company in the area. I have always bought insurance online, and I think this time I wanted to be able to talk to an agent face to face.
I had thought about State Farm. I know the agent is Steve Bailey. But I have heard a few bad things about State Farm lately. Any other recommendations? I will probably combine automotive as well.
I'm not looking for the absolute cheapest, but I would like to pay a fair price, and get the best possible coverage. I have excellent credit so that won't be an issue.
Basically who is the best, that provides the best coverage, for the best price? Any suggestions to someone local?
erie insurance through leyland smith.happy happy.
rscfolchick

Poplar Bluff, MO

#3 Nov 27, 2012
Purmort Brothers represents several different companies, Cincinnati Mutual and Central/All America. The nice thing about dealing with them is that in the event of an accident/claim, they are local. You'll get an adjustor to quickly inspect the damage and many times you'll have a check within 48 hours of the claim report. I've needed them on several occasions and have been very satisfied with the service I got...I didn't get screwed around, that is HUGE for me especially when dealing with insurance stuff!
it is true

Marysville, OH

#4 Nov 27, 2012
researching wrote:
I have been with State Farm and Bill Feasby for 30 years. They have always been right there for me.

AS far as hearing bad things about Steve, you can hear bad things about anyone; all you have to do is to read Topix, but then you already know that don't you?
researching

Bellefontaine, OH

#6 Nov 27, 2012
Oh no I didn't hear anything bad about Steve. I heard a few bad things on State Farm. In the last windstorm, someone told me it was a huge fight with State Farm to get their damage covered.

But no I haven't heard anything pro or against Steve Baily. Just State Farm in general.
heard that too

Fayette, OH

#7 Nov 27, 2012
kulwicki in convoy are great. they work with many different companies and will work to get you the best price and they are right there for you when you have a claim.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#8 Nov 27, 2012
Get a quote from Nationwide, Jerry Gilden off of North Market. I get a good price, plus if you pay the $65.00 to become a member of the Farm Bureau, you save more. Something like a 20& discount. The savings more than offset the $65.00.
Screwed

Fort Jennings, OH

#9 Nov 28, 2012
it is true wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been with State Farm and Bill Feasby for 30 years. They have always been right there for me.
AS far as hearing bad things about Steve, you can hear bad things about anyone; all you have to do is to read Topix, but then you already know that don't you?
I had insurance with Feasby several years ago, don't now. Payed for 6 months worth and a month after I paid for it, got canceled. No reason was given. I got about 1 months coverage in money back. I figured he pocketed the rest.
I also know an elderly lady he scared into getting more coverage on her property than she needed. Her son got involved and they went somewhere else.
Just do research on the company and agent before you decide. I wish I had.
PS
I wouldn't insure a outhouse through Feasby.
Maybe some other State Farm agent.
just sayn

Lima, OH

#10 Nov 28, 2012
Feasby is a jerk I used to go through him and switched to Steve Bailey.
Polka dot

Fayette, OH

#11 Nov 30, 2012
I had storm damage and filed my first claim in 20+ years. I had 500$ deductible and just received a letter from State Farm that my deductible is raising to 1000$ because I had a claim. They covered the claim but only at 50% of what it actually cost to have the repairs done! I would not recommend State Farm! My agent is Bill Feasby and in my opinion the man has Alzheimer's and should give it up! I had face to face with him and had to describe the damage 3X in the same convo! No advantage there for local agent far as I am concerned! I will be taking my car and house insurance elsewhere!
rscfolchick

Poplar Bluff, MO

#12 Nov 30, 2012
I say check your policy very carefully if you have Feasby/State Farm. My mother-in-law has a bunch of extra coverages that she's never asked for and inflated coverage amounts, she is paying for alot more than she needs. Make sure you're comparing exact coverages before you make a final decision!
Sam

Wooster, OH

#13 Nov 30, 2012
Merkle Insurance.Talk to Kevin or Brenda.Great service and will set down with you and go over anything. I had a agent in Paulding for years then made the switch due to it always going up and living in Van Wert.Brenda set down with me gave me more coverage then I had and at Hundreads a year less.Anytime me or my wife have had a question on home or auto they either anwser the phone or atleast same day call back.I asked around and had great feedback on them.
insurancepro

Waterville, OH

#14 Apr 29, 2013
Go with the agent you feel most comfortable with as there's not much difference if offerings between agents. You'll hear good and bad stories from all agencies because the bad stories are usually misinformed. Price is important, but more importantly you should weigh price vs. coverage! Get the most coverage that fits YOUR budget!
it is true

Marion, OH

#16 May 1, 2013
I have been with Bill Feasby (State Farm) on Shannon St. for over 30 years. The times I have had a claim he just said, "Go get it fixed." The body shop on West Wood also works with State Farm.
My house and rental properties always received the best of care from Feasby.
He is an honest man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Joe Jared (Feb '15) 2 hr confederateflagsux 22
Wallace Plumbing 2 hr Need trash hauled 10
whats up today mr pope 2 hr in god 333
Christopher Farris 3 hr Sargent Stedanco 16
Shaq Moore 3 hr Suga 12
No Main Street Jaywalking Enforcement? 5 hr P0pssa 3
where do the girls that have teeth hang out? 5 hr Duhhh 7
Barbs party shop sold 5 hr wowjustwow 16
van wert city police department (Jul '13) 12 hr Durden 48
2nd shift coopers Tue Pat Magroin 5