Simply Irresistible
Community Minded

Brinkhaven, OH

#41 Oct 29, 2012
Sugar wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never given a bad review of any of the places I've seen on here except this one. That doesn't suit your agenda, tough. If he had better products people would give him good reviews. That's how it works.
you are full of crap. First time huh, virgin too. Lol
Community Minded

Brinkhaven, OH

#42 Oct 29, 2012
Here we go again wrote:
Then start making your own stuff and selling it bucket head. Good god, you people are unreal. We now have acutal taste testers here on Topix huh? Well I really find that hard to believe. Funny how whatever new business comes to town, people on Topix just complain to the end. Some people just have nothing better to do than complain. Get a life. I suppose to some of you people, we are all doomed to fail.
<quoted text>
I agree, we now have pastry experts on topix. Lol. The scumbags on this sight are jealous and want what others have. Ever notice how they bad mouth business owners, good looking people, people with money etc... They're JEALOUS and too dam n lazy to work on having these things themselves.
American Dream

Mansfield, OH

#43 Oct 29, 2012
Community Minded wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, we now have pastry experts on topix. Lol. The scumbags on this sight are jealous and want what others have. Ever notice how they bad mouth business owners, good looking people, people with money etc... They're JEALOUS and too dam n lazy to work on having these things themselves.
YES
DUH

Centerburg, OH

#44 Oct 29, 2012
you don't have to be a pastry expert to know if its crap....absolutely nothing to be jealous of in this situation...lol!
Sin schmin

United States

#45 Oct 29, 2012
Who cares? I wouldn't want to eat anything he touched anyhow. He has no sanitation standards which is why he was pandering his goods in a community drive thru which is filthy and has a layer of dust in everything. Did you try one of those donuts from the city Halloween party? He should've been embarrassed to put a sign up from what my friends said. I saw them pitch their dry donuts in the trash.
Lame

Columbus, OH

#46 Oct 29, 2012
Sin schmin wrote:
Who cares? I wouldn't want to eat anything he touched anyhow. He has no sanitation standards which is why he was pandering his goods in a community drive thru which is filthy and has a layer of dust in everything. Did you try one of those donuts from the city Halloween party? He should've been embarrassed to put a sign up from what my friends said. I saw them pitch their dry donuts in the trash.
he made those uck I threw away mine too!!
HELLO PEOPLE

Marysville, OH

#48 Oct 30, 2012
I can understand why some of you don't get it about the mixes. Here it is what the people with TASTE are trying to say. When most people with common sense go to a BAKERY to get cakes, cupcakes, doughnuts, etc..... we expect to get a handmade, original product that ultimately reflects or represents the person or BAKER making that product. Anyone can take a mix and make the same thing at home. Average people go to a BAKERY to get a great quality product that we can't make at home ourselves. When using a mix in a bakery you are just a home baker with no talent giving Betty Crocker a bad name!!!!!!! Do you all understand now that when you go to bakery you expect bakery standards, with high quality otherwise it is just your run of the mill BAKE SALE!
stupid ppl

Riverdale, IL

#49 Oct 30, 2012
Wow that's just crazy! I have a friend that gave it a try..they ordered an edible image cake..what did they get? A cake with a printed picture on paper! When confronted they were told it was a copy righted picture... It wasn't they were lied to! The cake itself was ok but not the icing.way to greasy..I know this because I was at the birthday party.. The owner should be ashamed to have his name attached to such awfelness. Plus his store is filthy. He has his sister up front trying to please ppl and from what I understand she is very nice but can only make so many ppl happy. If she was smart she would get a real job and stop covering for him. I don't see his little "bakery" being open long. If the health department doesn't shut him down first.
Sirloin Not Ground

Mount Vernon, OH

#50 Oct 30, 2012
HELLO PEOPLE wrote:
I can understand why some of you don't get it about the mixes. Here it is what the people with TASTE are trying to say. When most people with common sense go to a BAKERY to get cakes, cupcakes, doughnuts, etc..... we expect to get a handmade, original product that ultimately reflects or represents the person or BAKER making that product. Anyone can take a mix and make the same thing at home. Average people go to a BAKERY to get a great quality product that we can't make at home ourselves. When using a mix in a bakery you are just a home baker with no talent giving Betty Crocker a bad name!!!!!!! Do you all understand now that when you go to bakery you expect bakery standards, with high quality otherwise it is just your run of the mill BAKE SALE!
That's what I've been saying! When you try the products by other businesses mentioned you know they aren't made from a mix immediately. You can taste the difference, you can see the difference, the crumble is visibly different and feels different when you eat it. I read that Flour Loves Sugar will now be carried at Perks every day, those are hand baked and delicious items made from quality fresh ingredients. They have better parking and it's all in one stop shopping, you can grab a great coffee and sit down in a comfortable and inviting atmosphere. It's more for grown ups while I see Simply Irresistable as maybe more of a place to take some kids whose palettes aren't mature and they prefer a more whimsical and unsophisticated place. You could still make the same end product at home though.
doa

United States

#51 Oct 30, 2012
Not good enough wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't beat Butlers lol. The cupcakes from Main Street Market are better than SI's. I'm sure the bakery is cute.
I've heard the same rumor about the cake mixes. It wouldn't shock me, in fact it seems like that's probably the case considering the quality of one of his versus one from a truly professional bakery such as Waynedale, Courtneys, Yum Mees, or my personal favorite- Vanilla Bean Bakery (all in Fort Wayne), the difference is like eating a pizza from a Chicago original pizzeria versus a Chef Boyardi box mix. Or, even having a fresh bakes cookie or a Keebler dry one.
butlers is washed up..........not at all what it used to be..n wth..what up with opening at 830???wth

“you like it, you like it a lot”

Since: May 12

screw you

#52 Oct 30, 2012
you fatties need to lay off the doughnuts and cupcakes anyway.
true story

Bucyrus, OH

#53 Oct 30, 2012
wow. not one good review. i won't be wasting my time by going there.
hmm

Waynesboro, VA

#54 Oct 30, 2012
Thinking about stopping there in am to try it for myself. Anyone know what time they open on a Wednesday?
boomer

San Jose, CA

#55 Oct 30, 2012
true story wrote:
wow. not one good review. i won't be wasting my time by going there.
Ya know, I'm gonna give him a few weeks to get over the "new business" thing and settle in, and then I will stop by. I can afford a donut or a cupcake to just try and see what I think. If it's bad I'll throw it out. If it's good I'll go back.
Cupcake

United States

#56 Oct 30, 2012
boomer wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know, I'm gonna give him a few weeks to get over the "new business" thing and settle in, and then I will stop by. I can afford a donut or a cupcake to just try and see what I think. If it's bad I'll throw it out. If it's good I'll go back.
Donuts are the same ones they sell at Brookside. If you've tried theirs then you may as well try one of his cupcakes. I haven't enjoyed the ones I've tried, they were pretty dry and the flavors weren't bright and distinctive. However, I will try other flavors he has because I like to support local businesses and I'm sure I'll find a few I like eventually. The ones I've had were chocolate, one filled with raspberry filling (maybe walnut?), lemon and one that was chocolate and peanut butter. I heard he also makes truffles but I don't know anyone whose tried them.
boomer

San Jose, CA

#57 Oct 30, 2012
Cupcake wrote:
<quoted text>
Donuts are the same ones they sell at Brookside. If you've tried theirs then you may as well try one of his cupcakes. I haven't enjoyed the ones I've tried, they were pretty dry and the flavors weren't bright and distinctive. However, I will try other flavors he has because I like to support local businesses and I'm sure I'll find a few I like eventually. The ones I've had were chocolate, one filled with raspberry filling (maybe walnut?), lemon and one that was chocolate and peanut butter. I heard he also makes truffles but I don't know anyone whose tried them.
Ah, I've had Brookside's donuts, so if they are the same, no need to test them.
But I still will try a cupcake. I don't want anything weird, just moist, tasty, and delicious. If it's bad I'll throw it out.
I'm hoping for the best, though.

Since: Aug 12

New York, NY

#58 Oct 30, 2012
hmm wrote:
Thinking about stopping there in am to try it for myself. Anyone know what time they open on a Wednesday?
I think 7:30
NoTaste

Deshler, OH

#59 Oct 31, 2012
SI is fine. Just depends on what you are used to. Got to remember,some people think Balyeats or Golden Corral is high end dining. Some have taste, some don't.
copycat

Centerburg, OH

#60 Nov 1, 2012
be original and quit stalking others to see what they do and then copying them. making a success of your business is about being unique...think about it!
Nope

Jewett, OH

#61 Nov 1, 2012
Cupcakes SUCK!! Sorry excuse for good products. A real bakery will make here, BUT SI will NOT! Go back to btooksides Cupcake!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The new business downtown 3 hr Joe Jared 126
Liberty? 6 hr Robolard 44
Court Calender 6 hr Dr Phil 19
Donald Trump 8 hr Pope Rush says 76
Believe Me Trust Me 9 hr Donald J Trump 66
Tell me 11 hr Alternative repub... 24
Fake Bews Award 11 hr Alternative repub... 19

Van Wert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance