First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Observed

Canton, OH

#1 Oct 4, 2012
Could someone please tell Samantha L that posting pictures of her feeding her BABY fries at a fast food joint is bordering abuse. I see she claims she's a full time nanny. I'd never hire someone who could be so careless! There is a reason you feed infants baby food, they have no teeth and can't chew. The stupidity astounds me!
itiswhatitis

Marysville, OH

#2 Oct 5, 2012
why dont u tell urself? oh wait maybe she dont give a shit about ur opinions..people have been giving babies soft foods for ever get over it! im sure you have made a mistake or two.
Observed

Canton, OH

#3 Oct 5, 2012
What sane adult would give an infant a french fry? Soft foods? You must be joking! It was a golden brown, crispy fry full of fat and sodium which an infant does not need. Aside from the choking issue, way to turn the kid on to nutrition garbage. You start with the bland foods and work up to the tastier ones, fries aren't included in that. My children didn't eat fries until they were in preschool, any fast food is their last choice, they'd much rather have fresh veggies with dip and fruit then eat a (un)Happy Meal.
She is presenting herself as a "nanny", I'd suggest she take those photos down and stop giving her infant that crap. No one in their right mind would hire someone so lazy they can't even crack open a jar of Gerber green beans.
Hmmm

Van Wert, OH

#4 Oct 5, 2012
Shouldn't even give your toddler fast food!!! Nasty stuff!
Hmmm

Van Wert, OH

#6 Oct 5, 2012
quad runner wrote:
<quoted text>
So just because your kids didn't do it means others can't? I'm confused. Are we all supposed to be like you?#idiot
No it means if you think your responsible enough to reproduce then your responsible enough to feed them properly. If you want to argue that fast food is good for anyone then you are a fool.#megaidiot
Observed

Canton, OH

#7 Oct 5, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
No it means if you think your responsible enough to reproduce then your responsible enough to feed them properly. If you want to argue that fast food is good for anyone then you are a fool.#megaidiot
Exactly!
fista cuffs

Waterman, IL

#8 Oct 5, 2012
a mcdonalds French fry is COMPLETELY harmless to an infant...(not a newborn, but an infant)...

ease up, Solomon...
Observes

Canton, OH

#9 Oct 5, 2012
fista cuffs wrote:
a mcdonalds French fry is COMPLETELY harmless to an infant...(not a newborn, but an infant)...
ease up, Solomon...
FrieS. Child under 7 months.
Simple

Van Wert, OH

#10 Oct 5, 2012
Wow! The food gestapo has spoken. I'm sure your children are the epitome of health.
fista cuffs

Waterman, IL

#11 Oct 5, 2012
both my sons are in the marine corps...both very healthy
love it

Van Wert, OH

#13 Oct 5, 2012
Cunning Stunts wrote:
You should all be horse-whipped to within an inch of your lives.
Cunning Stunts has spoken!
Love your user name. It reminds me of a joke I heard a few years ago.
:D
My thoughts

Van Wert, OH

#14 Oct 5, 2012
How old is this baby? most babies are kept on formula until the reach a year. Most doctors say to start introducing slowly baby food at about 10 months or so and than it is one at a time that way you can pin point a food allergy much easier. Giving a child french fries regarless of color before this point would be a real stupid move....consider you are not aware of any allergies, also child has very few teeth. A good parent knows the difference. Now as far as aiting until PRESCHOL to have a fry? Kiss my ass! Preschool is what 3 or 4 years old? Seriously, depriving a child of a french fry til they reach preschool? Oh but I bet you are one of those go getters that would rather see your kid eat those "drenched in preservative" apples that are now found in happy meals. Think about it...how long does it take a peeled apple to turn brown at your house? Mine, not long but those apples stay white for weeks. What do you think is on them to make them stay that way and it ain't that flimzy bag they are sealed in either. You can taste the crap on them!
Observed

Canton, OH

#15 Oct 5, 2012
The infant is under 7 months old, it's head isn't even fully stable yet they are shoving fries down its throat.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#16 Oct 5, 2012
Observed wrote:
What sane adult would give an infant a french fry? Soft foods? You must be joking! It was a golden brown, crispy fry full of fat and sodium which an infant does not need. Aside from the choking issue, way to turn the kid on to nutrition garbage. You start with the bland foods and work up to the tastier ones, fries aren't included in that. My children didn't eat fries until they were in preschool, any fast food is their last choice, they'd much rather have fresh veggies with dip and fruit then eat a (un)Happy Meal.
She is presenting herself as a "nanny", I'd suggest she take those photos down and stop giving her infant that crap. No one in their right mind would hire someone so lazy they can't even crack open a jar of Gerber green beans.
So.....I'm confused. What, do you want like an award or something? Her child=her choice on how to raise it. I'm sure there are things you did raising your child that others wouldn't do. He who is wthout blame cast the first stone....and so on and so forth....judgmental ideals about petty crap make you look like a fool. Next time you start a topic ...try making it about something that at least gives a nod towards intelligence please. Js.
Observed

Canton, OH

#17 Oct 5, 2012
And the reason our kids didn't have fast food until they were older is because there was no need for it, and I knew the later we waited the more likely they'd choose other foods before wanting junk food. I was right. No I don't give them any prepackaged, already cut anything. We grow a lot of fruits and vegetables and buy from local growers, we take part in a co-op out of Fort Wayne and when I do buy from a grocery I always look at the labels. I check where the item was grown and know where the best items come from. It's simple once you know what you're doing. As you pointed out, any infant shouldn't be given anything but regular baby food. It's her kid and if she wants to take the chance of it choking, being obese like she and her partner, or developing allergies then that's her choice. I was trying to be a voice for the child. As I pointed out she also says she's a nanny, she needs to understand that normal people won't hire her seeing photos like that.
Hmmm

Van Wert, OH

#19 Oct 5, 2012
Observed wrote:
And the reason our kids didn't have fast food until they were older is because there was no need for it, and I knew the later we waited the more likely they'd choose other foods before wanting junk food. I was right. No I don't give them any prepackaged, already cut anything. We grow a lot of fruits and vegetables and buy from local growers, we take part in a co-op out of Fort Wayne and when I do buy from a grocery I always look at the labels. I check where the item was grown and know where the best items come from. It's simple once you know what you're doing. As you pointed out, any infant shouldn't be given anything but regular baby food. It's her kid and if she wants to take the chance of it choking, being obese like she and her partner, or developing allergies then that's her choice. I was trying to be a voice for the child. As I pointed out she also says she's a nanny, she needs to understand that normal people won't hire her seeing photos like that.
Totally agree! The best gift we can give our children is great health! I was raised the same way, I'm 24 and I've never had a cavity and am rarely sick and I raise my boys the same! People don't realize what's in our food, it's packed with chemicals and antibiotics and steroids! And people wonder why 8 yr olds have boobs and periods already and why everyone has cancer!!
agree

Van Wert, OH

#20 Oct 5, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree! The best gift we can give our children is great health! I was raised the same way, I'm 24 and I've never had a cavity and am rarely sick and I raise my boys the same! People don't realize what's in our food, it's packed with chemicals and antibiotics and steroids! And people wonder why 8 yr olds have boobs and periods already and why everyone has cancer!!
Good for you, feeding your children with whole, home-cooked meals rather than that fast food stuff! I never had any fast food until I was much older, my mom always cooked our food and she taught us kids to cook as well. Cooking with your kids is fun! I also like to can some of the things I grow or purchase, home-canning is fun and economical.
agree

Van Wert, OH

#21 Oct 5, 2012
To Observed:
You said you take part in a co-op out of Ft Wayne.
Would you be willing to share the info about that co-op?
I might be interested in it.
Thanks.
know

Fort Jennings, OH

#22 Oct 6, 2012
Observed wrote:
Could someone please tell Samantha L that posting pictures of her feeding her BABY fries at a fast food joint is bordering abuse. I see she claims she's a full time nanny. I'd never hire someone who could be so careless! There is a reason you feed infants baby food, they have no teeth and can't chew. The stupidity astounds me!
Okay, do you know this person? if you don't know her well, why are you looking at her pictures?, if you do know her well why don't you speak with her kindly about your views? Maybe this is how she herself was raised and she doesn't know about nutrition. Getting on topix and bad mouthing someone for anything is not how a person who really has the interest of that person in mind would handle any situation. I think some of these people are disagreeing with you because they too may think you want to be mean. Or maybe she is just preparing her kid for the reality of school lunches!
fista cuffs

Waterman, IL

#23 Oct 6, 2012
i'd have to agree with that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim langencamps thatcher methodome 14 min Sharon Peters 19
Faith Sevitz 37 min Lol 3
Freddy Blessing 39 min emogirl12 7
Van Wert Football 1 hr Kara Noftz 6
Please Put Down More Stone On South Washington 1 hr vwo 3
what happened on S. Harrison st by cavet st?? 1 hr Worried Person 6
What ever happened to Clint Burnett? (Nov '11) 1 hr True friend 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Van Wert Mortgages