First Prev
of 3
Next Last
saluda

United States

#1 Feb 11, 2013
was just remembering music from back in the day; wow, we had rock, soul, rock and roll, acid rock, folk, country, beach, Bubble Gum, folk rock, British invasion, Detroit, cross over country, and I may have missed something, ha ha \\

Where to start? Elvis? Ricky Nelson? Ritchie Valens? Buddy Holly? Otis Redding? Jimmi Hendrix? the Supremes? Martha and the Vandellas? Dylan? Peter,Paul, and Mary? Troggs, Monkees? Beatles, Dave Clark Five? Patsy Cline? Janis Joplin? Kenny Rogers? the Who? Rod Stewart? The Band, Procal Harum? Scott Mckenzie? Petula Clark? Marrianne Faithfull? Peter and Gordon? Joan Baez? Beach Boys, Jan and Dean? Jefferson airplane? Yardbirds? Glen Campbell? the list is endless!!!!!!! who do you remember that I've missed?
fista cuffs

Dekalb, IL

#2 Feb 11, 2013
check out lou reeds album 'rock and roll animal'
its in my top 5 albums...
the other 4 are the rolling stones get your ya ya's out (seen them twice in Miami, last time was on mtv 'voo doo lounge tour, so I can see that very concert anytime I want, AWESOME)...
CCR
eagles (the song 'the last resort'... love it)
and of course any johnny cash album...
fista cuffs

Dekalb, IL

#3 Feb 11, 2013

'the last resort'- give it a listen

“you like it, you like it a lot”

Since: May 12

screw you

#4 Feb 11, 2013
cat stevens, carly simon, derek & the dominos,(although you mentioned the yardbirds...eric clapton is god! lol) carol king, linda ronstadt, simon & garfunkle, the byrds, the animals, van morrison, led zeppelin, the rolling stones, the doors...hmm, that's a few off the top of my noggin, i'll add more when i think of them, i know i'm forgetting some musical greats...

screw you

#5 Feb 11, 2013
oh yeah, who knew, fista cuffs has some kickass taste in music...pink floyd (roger waters did an album with don henley 'what god wants'...the police...still thinking...johnny cash was amazing...
fista cuffs

Dekalb, IL

#6 Feb 11, 2013

lou reed -'rock and roll'...perfect mix of instrumental and vocals... a MUST listen

screw you

#7 Feb 11, 2013
bad company, deep purple, jim croce, kansas, lynard skynard, carlos santana, and mama's and the papas...can't forget mama cass elliot's beautiful voice! david bowie...

screw you

#8 Feb 11, 2013
willie nelson!! damn, you got me started on music. music is my addiction/obsession lol!

screw you

#9 Feb 11, 2013
bill withers...ain't no sunshine when she's gone, it's not warm when she's away...lol and queen can't leave out freddie!
perfect

United States

#10 Feb 11, 2013
Elton John. Bob segar the guess who. Sonny and Cher.
perfect

United States

#12 Feb 11, 2013
Billy Joel. Foreigner. Billy Idol. Ricky Nelson.
StarDogChampion

Delphos, OH

#13 Feb 12, 2013
uhhh...i listened to a lot of Duran Duran growing up.
(which might explain why I'm such a dork)
fista cuffs

Dekalb, IL

#14 Feb 12, 2013
hey 'A.H.', if you like bill withers, check out the song 'use me'...

VW Viewer

Sherwood, OH

#15 Feb 12, 2013
My favorite was Simon and Garfunkel. Most of their songs actually had words you could understand, and those words really meant something. They are insights into human emotion, feelings, memories, and the human condition. Nobody has ever equaled their style.
CEO

Lima, OH

#16 Feb 12, 2013
you people have to be 60 or older and livin in the past. check out some new tunes for gods sake.
fista cuffs

Dekalb, IL

#17 Feb 12, 2013
unfortunately , music hasn't been written since 1975 (RIP real R&R)
VW Viewer

Sherwood, OH

#18 Feb 12, 2013
CEO wrote:
you people have to be 60 or older and livin in the past. check out some new tunes for gods sake.
We older folks remember the past, and know that it was good. The music really had meaning to it, not just repetitive chords and cat-yowling screeches and woman hating rants.

Today's "music" is just noise and nonsense.(When I was younger, our elders said the same thing. I swore I'd try to see the good in music all my life. I failed.)
thread

United States

#19 Feb 12, 2013
CEO wrote:
start another thread and list your current faves
saluda

United States

#20 Feb 12, 2013
thanks everyone for keeping it fun! I know there's more, lol for one I forgot "jesus" tunes
VW Viewer

Sherwood, OH

#21 Feb 12, 2013
Here's one example of how music can tell a story, evoke emotions, bring forth memories, and maybe even bring tears to your eyes:

Hope you enjoy! There'll never be such good music again!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving 1 hr what 17
Mayor 2 hr VWVeteran 31
Boyd Avenue 6 hr Whatta Waste 4
Casey’s General Store Coming to Van Wert. Mon Joe Jared 105
Believe Me Trust Me Mon Attaboy 215
Fair Board Meeting (Sep '15) Sun Fair fan 8
activity this morning at old Schlotzsky’s loc... May 19 Mike 53

Van Wert Jobs

Personal Finance

Van Wert Mortgages