Central Insurance
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
truth

Galion, OH

#1 Nov 10, 2011
Central just laid off several people yesterday without warning. This is not good for VW. If Central goes down, VW goes down-unfortunately as they employ many people. Economy stinks! However, they have a million $ phone system and just bought another million $ machine. yet -lay off people!
check the lot

Fort Jennings, OH

#2 Nov 10, 2011
truth wrote:
Central just laid off several people yesterday without warning. This is not good for VW. If Central goes down, VW goes down-unfortunately as they employ many people. Economy stinks! However, they have a million $ phone system and just bought another million $ machine. yet -lay off people!
If you look at the parking lot out there, a lot of people drive in from other counties to work, I agree, it's bad for Van Wert, but it's also going to hurt other counties. Most companies don't give warnings before lay offs. It's also technology, with Internet companies don't need as many employees.
Agree

Lima, OH

#3 Nov 10, 2011
How many got laid off? Did they go by the jobs they did or seniority?....all the people already out of jobs and somehow people think we can afford another new school....that's another forum in itself.
truth

Greenville, OH

#4 Nov 10, 2011
around 15 for now on Wednesday from different departments. correct about school
gossiper

United States

#5 Nov 10, 2011
Just so you know van wert can't be saved, no matter how many jobs you bring in. You are the shithole of America. If you're actually normal get the he'll out of that town,,, wait,,,, forget that. There's not any normal people in that shit hole OD on some fucked up drug or have a heart attack from fckin ur cousin. Either way Ohio will be a better place without you. And yeah I wouldn't waste money on a school there either
truth

Lima, OH

#6 Nov 10, 2011
number was more like 30.
hey

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Nov 10, 2011
Heard by someone that works there it was by senority and not by job. Someone that worked there for 20 years was "layed off". Haven't heard the actual number but have heard it was between 20-30.
truth

Galion, OH

#9 Nov 11, 2011
I guess it was not a smart idea for them to build on 2 multi-million $ wings and they have yet to use 1 of the 2. the upper management employee who came from Federal Mogul is running this lace in the ground. you can not run this company like a factory. maybe that is why seal got rid of her??
truth

Galion, OH

#10 Nov 11, 2011
no matter what the number is-it is too many! some only had less than 5-10 years also
hello

Lima, OH

#11 Nov 11, 2011
one person that was 'layed off" was there for 34 yrs.
Thats wrong

Lima, OH

#12 Nov 11, 2011
one person that was 'layed off" was there for 34 yrs
That's wrong right there!I hate it when companies do that. Talk about "using" people until they are all used up than throw them to the curb. Hope there is a special kind of hell for companies that do this.
So wrong

Lima, OH

#13 Nov 11, 2011
truth wrote:
I guess it was not a smart idea for them to build on 2 multi-million $ wings and they have yet to use 1 of the 2. the upper management employee who came from Federal Mogul is running this lace in the ground. you can not run this company like a factory. maybe that is why seal got rid of her??
Little do you know that the Seal did NOT get rid of her. She quit on her own to improve herself. I am retired from there and was there when she was plant manager and was a very good one I might add! A lot of people missed her when she left. Know what you are talking about before you shoot your mouth off!!
Reality

Lima, OH

#14 Nov 14, 2011
hahaha...Thats what they do with someone in a top position...they give them the option...you can "quit" or we can fire you, either way, tomorrow you don't have a job. She was horrible there from what I hear, wastes all kinds of Centrals money as if Bill doesn't do that enough (ie. the wings that have empty 3rd floors, 10 grand murals, etc.). It was 30 laid off and not by seniority but by evaluations. Too bad Cindy wasn't one of them.
point proven

Mount Gilead, OH

#15 Nov 15, 2011
Who cares. Companies shut down or lay off all the time, that's the risk you run working for a shit company. Happened to me and I didn't cry about it, I went and got a different job. Everyone says there are no jobs out there but it's because people either aren't looking or don't want to put forth the effort to get qualified for one. In the last year I've turned down offers from BF Goodrich and John manville. The yer before Titan tire, a village lead maintenance position, fork lift driver positions, an tons of factories. Why me? I'm not special or any better than anyone else. I'm just a hard worker with an awesome resume that kept good references from not burning past employers. It's not rocket science. Quit crying and apply yourself
joe

Columbus, OH

#16 Nov 15, 2011
hello wrote:
one person that was 'layed off" was there for 34 yrs.
I heard he was their 43 years - you got the numbers turned around
So Wrong

Lima, OH

#17 Nov 15, 2011
Reality wrote:
hahaha...Thats what they do with someone in a top position...they give them the option...you can "quit" or we can fire you, either way, tomorrow you don't have a job. She was horrible there from what I hear, wastes all kinds of Centrals money as if Bill doesn't do that enough (ie. the wings that have empty 3rd floors, 10 grand murals, etc.). It was 30 laid off and not by seniority but by evaluations. Too bad Cindy wasn't one of them.
Sounds to me like you got burned somewhere down the line by Cindy, LOL And I supposed she is the one who ordered the new wings and the Murals?? Oh please, how stupid does that sound? From someone that actually knows Cindy, I know for a fact they never gave her and "option". In fact I can remember when she went in and gave her notice because she got the job at Central. Maybe you have a problem with a woman getting further a head than you and worked hard to get where she is??? And if they layed off by evaluations as you proclaim, then why is she still there, if you think she is so bad??? Hmmmmmm Read the news pal, they are laying off all over the place. Check and see how many they just layed off at the big CNN news network. It's not just here, it's EVERYWHERE!!!!!! But let's blame Cindy for that one too! LMAO
So Wrong

Lima, OH

#18 Nov 15, 2011
point proven wrote:
Who cares. Companies shut down or lay off all the time, that's the risk you run working for a shit company. Happened to me and I didn't cry about it, I went and got a different job. Everyone says there are no jobs out there but it's because people either aren't looking or don't want to put forth the effort to get qualified for one. In the last year I've turned down offers from BF Goodrich and John manville. The yer before Titan tire, a village lead maintenance position, fork lift driver positions, an tons of factories. Why me? I'm not special or any better than anyone else. I'm just a hard worker with an awesome resume that kept good references from not burning past employers. It's not rocket science. Quit crying and apply yourself
VERY WELL SAID!!!
seriously?

Lima, OH

#19 Nov 16, 2011
Hey Einsteins, don't you think maybe people were laid off because of business conditions? The economy is in the toilet so people don't have as much to insure or they are only able to purchase the minimum insurance required by law. The management is not running the place into the ground. The employee you are so quick to bash is a successful business woman, very smart, but is not the sole decision maker. If you ran a business you would have to make some crappy decisions too. Would you lay one of your employees who consistently gets good evaluations or someone with a lower level of performance? And fair or not, it is often more cost effective to give a long term employee a retirement offering. Trust me, they are often ready and willing to leave the workforce to maybe work part time at something they enjoy. Why don't you consider all the sides of the story before putting everyone down?
Lay me off

Lima, OH

#20 Nov 16, 2011
We have raised our children, we are financially stable, and frankly we're tired of having younger management tell us what to do. Often we are just going to work every day waiting for someone to tell us to go home, enjoy our grand kids, and jump start retirement.
So Wrong

Lima, OH

#22 Nov 16, 2011
Lay me off wrote:
We have raised our children, we are financially stable, and frankly we're tired of having younger management tell us what to do. Often we are just going to work every day waiting for someone to tell us to go home, enjoy our grand kids, and jump start retirement.

I believe that is part of our problem. We have younger managament that has never actually been on the floor to see how things are run, BUT seem to think they have the answer to it all, which makes it worse. Just because you have a college degree, doesn't make you smart enough to run a factory or any other business. Maybe if they would actually listen to the people instead being on a power trip by telling us what to do just to feed their ego, things would improve in the work force. It's so nice to finally be out of the workforce and do something that I enjoy doing. Congratulations to all that get to the age that they can retire to enjoy life with family and friends!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Weinstein Connection 3 min Bud 19
Meth In VW 9 min Bud 5
Some will never learn 16 min Conservative voter 11
Glowing tombstone 2 hr NotaMugger Really 6
Industrial Drive 2 hr Conservative voter 20
It's your money 5 hr Bud 37
You might be in Van Wert if... 5 hr Bud 50

Van Wert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance