people driving way under speed limit

people driving way under speed limit

Posted in the Van Wert Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
common sense

Shelby, OH

#1 Jun 22, 2013
why do i constantly get behind people that drive way under speed limit? they be going like 20 or 25 in a 35 mph zone. then they wander why you are on there ass trying to see whats in front of them and find out why they are going so slow. I mean there are plenty of speed limit signs. cant people read anymore or what
idiots

Sunbury, OH

#2 Jun 22, 2013
They are not all old people. Sometimes young people will pull out of McDonald's and make you slam on the breaks and then as they drive 15 mph they are inspecting their order. There won't be another car behind me, but they just have to pull out in front of you.

Just this morning Bubba in his pickem up truck had to pull out of the Marathon station on N. Washington St. so he could drive 20 mph and he never increased his speed when he got to the 45 zone.

The truck was way too big for what he could handle.

In some places in the country the fine for going to slow is considerably more costly than the fine for going too fast.

If they don't want to drive the speed limit why can't they wait for you to pass by them before they get on the street?

Of course your friendly donut connoisseurs way too busy to deal with these people. Same thing for semi trucks; when was the last time you saw a semi pulled over for running a red light?
really

Johnstown, OH

#3 Jun 22, 2013
As a professional driver who drives 150,000 miles a yr . Let me tell you the facts trucks are less than 10% of wrecks and 2% at fault. I feel your pain how you think we feel car pulls out in front of you. To go 1 block just to turn and got to shift thru the gears again. Or better yet got their cell phones in their face, laptops,books,news papers, the best one women putting on eye liner. Remember 97% of all retail products and 100% of food come to you by truck
So be curtious to a cmv it might have your dinner on it or your new ps4 or car parts for your new car being built.
thanks

United States

#4 Jun 22, 2013
really wrote:
As a professional driver who drives 150,000 miles a yr . Let me tell you the facts trucks are less than 10% of wrecks and 2% at fault. I feel your pain how you think we feel car pulls out in front of you. To go 1 block just to turn and got to shift thru the gears again. Or better yet got their cell phones in their face, laptops,books,news papers, the best one women putting on eye liner. Remember 97% of all retail products and 100% of food come to you by truck
So be curtious to a cmv it might have your dinner on it or your new ps4 or car parts for your new car being built.
thank you for a good post, just today I saw a young driver texting and tailgating, I have also seen younger drivers sitting in traffic after the light has changed, going slow while they eat, text, talk on cell phone, fix their hair, talk to their buddies, mess about with kids, etc, etc, etc
idiots

Sunbury, OH

#5 Jun 22, 2013
really wrote:
As a professional driver who drives 150,000 miles a yr . Let me tell you the facts trucks are less than 10% of wrecks and 2% at fault. I feel your pain how you think we feel car pulls out in front of you. To go 1 block just to turn and got to shift thru the gears again. Or better yet got their cell phones in their face, laptops,books,news papers, the best one women putting on eye liner. Remember 97% of all retail products and 100% of food come to you by truck
So be curtious to a cmv it might have your dinner on it or your new ps4 or car parts for your new car being built.
I don't have much sympathy for semi truck drivers. They may be less than 10%(I don't know) of the wrecks, but what percentage of the vehicles on the road do they make up? We were going to Lima this past week and we started to pass a couple of trucks (we were driving 65). Those truck drivers weaved over into our lane so we had to slam on the breaks. That happened 3 times. Truckers may not be involved in many wrecks (again I don't know), but I believe that they are contributing factors in many wrecks. I know of some truckers who have cost young people their lives. One truck hit a pedestrian a few years ago in Van Wert and he never stopped. The pedestrian lost his leg.

In Van Wert on U.S. 127, trucks run red lights and block intersections. In some cases they go through town driving 20 miles an hour because they don't want to shift. They use their engine break and they do it all with impunity. No cop will ever pull a semi over in Van Wert because they are afraid of tying up traffic. Truckers get a free pass to do whatever they want to do.
fista cuffs

Dekalb, IL

#6 Jun 22, 2013
idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have much sympathy for semi truck drivers. They may be less than 10%(I don't know) of the wrecks, but what percentage of the vehicles on the road do they make up? We were going to Lima this past week and we started to pass a couple of trucks (we were driving 65). Those truck drivers weaved over into our lane so we had to slam on the breaks. That happened 3 times. Truckers may not be involved in many wrecks (again I don't know), but I believe that they are contributing factors in many wrecks. I know of some truckers who have cost young people their lives. One truck hit a pedestrian a few years ago in Van Wert and he never stopped. The pedestrian lost his leg.
In Van Wert on U.S. 127, trucks run red lights and block intersections. In some cases they go through town driving 20 miles an hour because they don't want to shift. They use their engine break and they do it all with impunity. No cop will ever pull a semi over in Van Wert because they are afraid of tying up traffic. Truckers get a free pass to do whatever they want to do.
'truckers getting a free pass' is absolute crazy talk...the revenue that can be obtained from driving related infractions can be ASTRONOMICAL...anything from a cracked frame, to broken taillight, to not having the right safety equipment in their machinery can cost a driver and/or his company thousands (and thousands) of dollars... from police, to weigh stations, they are routinely checked from bumper to bumper and aren't allowed to move until the infractions are remedied...and not one driver is on the road in this day and age without at least 2 years of driving experience, and any infraction within those two years could cost him/her their job...you have to remember a loaded truck takes time to get up to speed, and if loaded take time to safely slow down (both maneuvers take experience and expertise to accomplish)...believe me when I say , if DOT spots an infraction , the hardly ignore it, matter of fact, they usually have 'the book thrown at them', because its the states meal ticket...your argument is just laughable... sometimes I think you van werters complain just for the sake of complaining... USE YOUR HEADS!
cmv driver

Toledo, OH

#7 Jun 22, 2013
I can tell you from experience the number of morons in four wheelers far surpass the number of morons in commercial motor vehicles. If you don't like dealing with us you drive to Georgia and Oklahoma and California for your cheap walmart crap.
really

Johnstown, OH

#8 Jun 22, 2013
Hey idiot, so don't buy gas a truck brought it..don't eat a truck brought it. Don't wear cloths a truck brought it move out of your house the materials came on a truck. As a driver idiot you are fired from buying products that come on are trucks see how u like life then jack as@
idiots

Sunbury, OH

#9 Jun 22, 2013
Hey you idiots, so you think because you are a truck drive you can do want you want to?

You do not have a right to run red lights or tailgate or intimidate.

Most truck drivers are nothing more than juvenile delinquents.

Just because you deliver goods to someone doesn't give you immunity to the law or common decency.

Grow up!
fista cuffs

Oregon, IL

#10 Jun 22, 2013
idiots wrote:
Hey you idiots, so you think because you are a truck drive you can do want you want to?
You do not have a right to run red lights or tailgate or intimidate.
Most truck drivers are nothing more than juvenile delinquents.
Just because you deliver goods to someone doesn't give you immunity to the law or common decency.
Grow up!
okay , your wrong again... juveniles are under the age 18... to obtain a cdl, you must me over 18...
does your stupidity have an off switch?
fista cuffs

Oregon, IL

#11 Jun 22, 2013
*be

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#12 Jun 22, 2013
Because most of the people in this town are 150 and still driving. Wtf.
brent

Delphos, OH

#13 Jun 22, 2013
The problem with truck drivers alot of the time it takes them 15 mins to pass each other and the darn urine bottles they toss out
Voice_of_experie nce

Delphos, OH

#14 Jun 22, 2013
idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have much sympathy for semi truck drivers. They may be less than 10%(I don't know) of the wrecks, but what percentage of the vehicles on the road do they make up? We were going to Lima this past week and we started to pass a couple of trucks (we were driving 65). Those truck drivers weaved over into our lane so we had to slam on the breaks. That happened 3 times. Truckers may not be involved in many wrecks (again I don't know), but I believe that they are contributing factors in many wrecks. I know of some truckers who have cost young people their lives. One truck hit a pedestrian a few years ago in Van Wert and he never stopped. The pedestrian lost his leg.
In Van Wert on U.S. 127, trucks run red lights and block intersections. In some cases they go through town driving 20 miles an hour because they don't want to shift. They use their engine break and they do it all with impunity. No cop will ever pull a semi over in Van Wert because they are afraid of tying up traffic. Truckers get a free pass to do whatever they want to do.
I've only been driving trucks fot a little over 17 years, and in all this time I've never been able to figure out why people--especially "4 wheelers"--find it so important to be the first one stopped at the next red light. You complain that the drivers only go 20 mph thru town b/c they don't want to shift. Damn right. Why would any driver want to waste fuel and wear & tear on his brakes, tires, clutch, and gearbox just to come to a complete stop again? As a matter of fact, why do you do it in your car? Every time you run up and stop at a red light you are killing your fuel mileage. I sympathize w/ you about the split speed limit on US 30 as I travel that route to work every day, but have a little patience going thru town. It takes the same amount of time to go thru town at a steady 20mph as it does stop-and-go between 30 and 0 mph.
okie dokie

Lima, OH

#15 Jun 23, 2013
While appreciate the work truck drivers do, I have several family members who drive truck, if it wasn't for the people in the "4 wheelers" that were buying the products you ship you wouldn't have a job. So I think it takes all of us to make the world go round.
lmao

Lima, OH

#16 Jun 23, 2013
i like how trucks pull out in front of you,this happens all the time across from rocky top,they only do it cuz they r bigger n they know we will stop instead of hitting thier dumb asses,this happins on washington and ervin also...i dont give a crap what u haul,drive like u got a brain
oh yeah

Johnstown, OH

#17 Jun 23, 2013
If we didn't haul the raw materials you wouldn't have a job either..now what a pissing contest this is lol.

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#18 Jun 23, 2013
And if what was in those trucks was actually made in America instead of being imported by some multi-national corporation run by sociopaths, the truck-driver, the people buying the stuff the truck delivers, and the economy in general, would be much better off.
idiots

Sunbury, OH

#19 Jun 23, 2013
oh yeah wrote:
If we didn't haul the raw materials you wouldn't have a job either..now what a pissing contest this is lol.
We can always go back to using the railroad which gave better service anyway.
lol idiot

Johnstown, OH

#20 Jun 23, 2013
Really tracks to every store and restraunt? They we be all screwed trains everywhere stop..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
city making lotts of money on closed washington... 1 hr FuVW 7
Middle Point vs Convoy 1 hr atom 12
does kayla wells still get around? 1 hr Yepp 5
Where is Kim Thatcher's new baby ? 8 hr hey heyyy 25
Where is Joe Jared's Daughter? 10 hr Mr unstopable 21
Reliable trash 12 hr Mr unstopable 9
Where on earth is Phil Campbell? 15 hr asking 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Van Wert Mortgages