Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 21, 2012

Location hidden

#2 Nov 21, 2012
also:
Be patient, it takes a while to load
Please read the comments, they represent both sides.
Laura Marbaugh

Evanston, IL

#3 Nov 21, 2012
Unions are needed. If Walmart had it employees would have to have a high school diploma (or GED) minimum to be hired and they would get paid more. That would knock out probably about 70% of the jobs for the employees/complainers in the strike.

I will still shop at Walmart before, during and after a strike with or without a striker standing in my way simply because I get everything I need there.
huh

United States

#4 Nov 21, 2012
Laura Marbaugh wrote:
Unions are needed. If Walmart had it employees would have to have a high school diploma (or GED) minimum to be hired and they would get paid more. That would knock out probably about 70% of the jobs for the employees/complainers in the strike.
I will still shop at Walmart before, during and after a strike with or without a striker standing in my way simply because I get everything I need there.
I have lived in Van Wert for a good many years and I know most of the workers at walmart, and I know that they have at least a high school diploma. Now, what proof do you have that walmart, doesn't require a high school diploma? As far as walmart having every thing I need, no, they don't. I do most of my shopping at the Van Wert Pick 'n Save because they have many items in stock that I want that walmart doesn't carry.

Location hidden

#5 Nov 21, 2012
I've lived in Van Wert for a whole lot of years, and I know zero Walmart workers.
But I did think they needed a HS diploma to work there.
I shop at Pick N Save as well, but Walmart has a lot of food items I can't find elsewhere, like ethnic foods, arborio rice for risotto, etc.
I think Marsh Supermarket aka Marketplace has the best, freshest produce.
Pick N save has the best meat of the grocery stores, IMHO.
buyer

United States

#6 Nov 21, 2012
If they pay the employees more then the prices would go up for the consumer. No one wants that, do they?
Laura Marbaugh

Evanston, IL

#7 Nov 21, 2012
huh wrote:
<quoted text>I have lived in Van Wert for a good many years and I know most of the workers at walmart, and I know that they have at least a high school diploma. Now, what proof do you have that walmart, doesn't require a high school diploma? As far as walmart having every thing I need, no, they don't. I do most of my shopping at the Van Wert Pick 'n Save because they have many items in stock that I want that walmart doesn't carry.
What makes you think they do require it? I know plenty of people who have gotten a job there and they didn't have a Diploma (HS or GED).

I didn't say they have everything for YOU, I said they have everything I need.. See the difference? No need to complain about my opinion on my OWN shopping LOL. Take a prozac you don't shop for me.
Laura Marbaugh

Evanston, IL

#8 Nov 21, 2012
buyer wrote:
If they pay the employees more then the prices would go up for the consumer. No one wants that, do they?
They would just demand more money again because they still couldn't afford to eat lol

Location hidden

#9 Nov 21, 2012
Laura Marbaugh wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think they do require it? I know plenty of people who have gotten a job there and they didn't have a Diploma (HS or GED).
I didn't say they have everything for YOU, I said they have everything I need.. See the difference? No need to complain about my opinion on my OWN shopping LOL. Take a prozac you don't shop for me.
No need to be so hateful, Laura.
I was giving my opinion and I would hope you would respect my right to do so. Just as I respect yours.
You can disagree without being hateful.
Perhaps you should take your own advice and take drugs, since I understand that you are no stranger to them.
Laura Marbaugh

Evanston, IL

#10 Nov 21, 2012
no__sense wrote:
<quoted text> No need to be so hateful, Laura.
I was giving my opinion and I would hope you would respect my right to do so. Just as I respect yours.
You can disagree without being hateful.
Perhaps you should take your own advice and take drugs, since I understand that you are no stranger to them.
I'm pretty sure I replied to "huh" on that, not you. You posted after it did and while I was already typing a response. So I had no way of knowing you responded until after I posted.

LOL @my own advice and me taking drugs... That is a classic, yet I've never been busted with or around drugs, never had any search of my home done for drugs or any illegal shit, and never been named in any drug related cases. >_< that is all public record, search my name for yourself. There will be nothing of interest to anyone on it. Until then don't assume I do them.
Laura Marbaugh

Evanston, IL

#11 Nov 21, 2012
**And I quoted who I was talking to.
scary

Fredericktown, OH

#12 Nov 21, 2012
I have lived my hole life in Van Wert & I also know afew walmart workers who I know for a fact they went to college...but I also know afew
who diddn`t finish school...plus I know afew who gets food stamps..I think walmart employee`s should be thankful for there job,maybe its not the best but its still a pay check.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lost dog 6 hr warren 10
How much money does the municipal court get for... 17 hr Harybird 49
Wind 19 hr Steve Rusk 64
Profit talks wind development in run for Count... 20 hr Steve Rusk 8
Parks department, take care of your fields Mon Holier 24
The House of Trump Sat D J T Jr 240
News Man arrested after visiting inmate Apr 21 where 36

Van Wert Jobs

Personal Finance

Van Wert Mortgages