Seriously

Van Wert, OH

#65 Mar 19, 2012
Druggies wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that soo stupid, it's a legit question, but obviously the answer is no, but it makes you think why we don't have that law. I got my story from a family friend of the Hemkers. And when I was referring that we shouldn't have to lock our doors, I was just trying to put into perspective that as Americans we have it so much better than many other people and if we appreciated it a little more maybe we were have more respect for others.. I know there is always going to be crime, but lately it is out of hand in our small rural area.
It made perfect sense to everyone else, you just have to consider the source that said it. He just likes to argue and has no common sense what so ever.
TheMorningStar

Van Wert, OH

#66 Mar 19, 2012
If they break into my house, their going to be the only ones getting stabbed.
Heather

Lodi, OH

#67 Mar 19, 2012
If that were to happen make sure he is dead. If someone breaks into your house and protecting yourself you hurt him and he reports you then you get in trouble. How messed up is that. I know I'm gonna do what I can to protect my family. Which means no one breaking in will be leaving my house anyway except in a body bag.
TheMorningStar

Van Wert, OH

#68 Mar 19, 2012
Heather wrote:
If that were to happen make sure he is dead. If someone breaks into your house and protecting yourself you hurt him and he reports you then you get in trouble. How messed up is that. I know I'm gonna do what I can to protect my family. Which means no one breaking in will be leaving my house anyway except in a body bag.
D*mn right! You go girl!
booyeah

Van Wert, OH

#69 Mar 19, 2012
The hell of it is, someone on here probably knows one or both of these people. They just don't know they're doing these crimes. Think people. Social media can find these guys. They can't hide from all of us.

“Formerly known as Get Real”

Since: Jan 12

Really Rural, OH

#70 Mar 19, 2012
TheMorningStar wrote:
If they break into my house, their going to be the only ones getting stabbed.
Don't let them get that close to you! There are other ways!
Lol

Van Wert, OH

#71 Mar 19, 2012
Heather wrote:
If that were to happen make sure he is dead. If someone breaks into your house and protecting yourself you hurt him and he reports you then you get in trouble. How messed up is that. I know I'm gonna do what I can to protect my family. Which means no one breaking in will be leaving my house anyway except in a body bag.
heather If you injure somebody that is unlawfully in your house like an intruder there is not a jury in thisncountry that would convict you of any wrong doing criminally. But civilly is another story the perp will sue you for money and probably settle out of court with your homeowners insurance for nearly the limit of the policy say 1 millon dollars. But if he is deceased he can't sue you. As a responsible gun owner and having a conceal and carry licence in Ohio I can tell you this the last thing that I would want to do is take another persons life if it means protecting my family or myself than it is simply business and you have to do whatever it takes. I commented earlier about the castle doctrine with using deadly force when you don't have any options than you by law can only use such force to stop the threat and nothing more..
hey

Sunbury, OH

#72 Mar 19, 2012
Druggies wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that soo stupid, it's a legit question, but obviously the answer is no, but it makes you think why we don't have that law. I got my story from a family friend of the Hemkers. And when I was referring that we shouldn't have to lock our doors, I was just trying to put into perspective that as Americans we have it so much better than many other people and if we appreciated it a little more maybe we were have more respect for others.. I know there is always going to be crime, but lately it is out of hand in our small rural area.
like i said the law you are referring to, basically eye for an eye is sharia law. that is unconstitutional in our country, as in no cruel and unusual punishment. your thinking is going backwards, not forward. the worse the economy gets, the higher the crime rate. gotta work on that end of it first.
hey

Sunbury, OH

#73 Mar 19, 2012
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>It made perfect sense to everyone else, you just have to consider the source that said it. He just likes to argue and has no common sense what so ever.
whatever, dipsh!t. bite my shiny metal ass.

“Formerly known as Get Real”

Since: Jan 12

Really Rural, OH

#74 Mar 19, 2012
Druggies wrote:
One more thought, what if in American you stabbed someone and for your punishment you get stabbed back, would you still have stabbed him!???
You are assuming people who commit crimes do so with a fully logical rational mind. Do you think people who are crazy or strung out on drugs sit and rationalize, "if I hurt someone they will hurt me, so I won't do it."? A lot of sociopaths believe they are above the law or convince themselves they will definitely never be caught.
TheMorningStar

Van Wert, OH

#75 Mar 19, 2012
Lol wrote:
<quoted text> heather If you injure somebody that is unlawfully in your house like an intruder there is not a jury in thisncountry that would convict you of any wrong doing criminally. But civilly is another story the perp will sue you for money and probably settle out of court with your homeowners insurance for nearly the limit of the policy say 1 millon dollars. But if he is deceased he can't sue you. As a responsible gun owner and having a conceal and carry licence in Ohio I can tell you this the last thing that I would want to do is take another persons life if it means protecting my family or myself than it is simply business and you have to do whatever it takes. I commented earlier about the castle doctrine with using deadly force when you don't have any options than you by law can only use such force to stop the threat and nothing more..
Trust me. The threat will be stopped. Dead men tell no lies.
TheMorningStar

Van Wert, OH

#76 Mar 19, 2012
I'm talking Texas chainsaw massacre type s*it. Lol.
Lock your doors

Van Wert, OH

#77 Mar 19, 2012
Does anyone know if these guys are breaking in or are they finding unlocked doors? I didn't see in the newspaper about how they were getting in. It's getting serious, the police need to find the guys who are doing this.
Lacking information

Van Wert, OH

#78 Mar 20, 2012
The News gave very little detail about it. I'm not sure why. I think other people needs to be aware of whats going on. This is serious.
Druggies

Cincinnati, OH

#79 Mar 20, 2012
This is from the Lima News, today!

MIDDLE POINT — The victim in a weekend robbery near Middle Point was placed inside his vehicle, which was then driven into a quarry, Van Wert County Sheriff Stan Owens said Monday evening.

The sheriff did not rule out the possibility that the kidnapping was related to a recent break-in in Mendon or the Nov. 30 double murder near Fort Recovery.

“We're looking at all possibilities,” Owens said.“We're working hand in hand with Mercer County.”

He said a crime scene technician from the Ohio Attorney General's Office processed the crime scene.

Owens said the victim, Daniel Hemker, was put in the back seat of the vehicle, which was then driven into a nearby quarry.

“He was able to get out of the car once it was in the water,” Owens said.

Hemker walked back to his home 2.5 miles away on Dog Creek Road and called police around 2:25 a.m. Sunday, the sheriff said.

He was treated for a stab wound and taken by helicopter to a Fort Wayne, Ind., hospital. The robbers were described as two white men driving a dark colored 1990s Ford Ranger with an extended cab and a short bed.

The description was similar to the one given for two men and a vehicle involved in a robbery near Mendon that Mercer County Sheriff Jeff Grey said was similar to the Nov. 30 double murder of Robert Grube, 70, and his caretaker daughter, Colleen Grube, 47, at their home near Fort Recovery.

In addition to the victims being similar in age, a vehicle matching the description from the Mendon case was seen in the area of the Grube homicides, Grey said.

All three crimes took place at isolated homes in rural areas.

The Mendon robbery occurred just after midnight Feb. 25, when a man knocked on the front door and then pushed his way inside with another man.

A burglary on Gamble Road in Van Wert County last weekend bears no similarity to these crimes, Owens said.
More Information

Van Wert, OH

#80 Mar 20, 2012
On VW Independent, It shows a picture of the car being pulled from the Middle Point quarry.

A combined operation that included divers from the Putnam and Allen County Sheriff’s departments, deputies from the Van Wert County Sheriff’s Department and employees of the Van Wert County Engineer’s Department, resulted in the recovery of this Honda automobile from the Middle Point Quarry Tuesday afternoon. The vehicle’s owner, Daniel Hemker, made a lucky escape from the vehicle after the rear window broke when the car rolled over in the quarry. Sheriff Stan D. Owens said his department is investigating Hemker’s statements that two men immobilized him after he caught them burglarizing his residence at 12734 Dog Creek Road, placed him in the back seat of his car and drove the vehicle into the quarry.

More photos and information will be forthcoming.(Dave Mosier/Van Wert independent)
Amazing

Van Wert, OH

#81 Mar 20, 2012
It's a good thing the window broke when the car rolled over, otherwise he may of not made it out alive.
surprised

Van Wert, OH

#82 Mar 20, 2012
so they just recovered the car today????? no wonder not much information was released. they probably was doubting the fact that it even happened....
Lock your doors

Van Wert, OH

#83 Mar 20, 2012
It seems strange that he walked all the way home over 2 miles. I would think he would have went to the first house he saw and got help. If these crimes are connected to the other killings then there are very dangerous murderers on the loose around here. Information should be all over the news with rewards so someone will turn them in and they can catch these killers.
Time

Van Wert, OH

#84 Mar 20, 2012
Get to the first house and call the police so they could get in the area fast and catch the criminals. I would imagine it would take a while to walk a couple miles after being stabbed. That is valuable time the police could have used!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Drive In movies still interest you 2 hr think again 6
died yesterday 2 hr tiredgirl9 37
Here we go again 4 hr Pope Rush Says 7
Derek Pontius and Nikki Massilo 2 4 hr nikkisastupidcunt 1
FOX Bad for GOP 5 hr rubiks cube 9
Kim Thatcher 7 hr Just sayin 3
F**k the troops 15 hr Megan 3
Underage parties Sun Andy 8
More from around the web

Van Wert People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]