Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#21 Jan 2, 2013
I'd like to try them....
But where are they located, or how can I contact them? A phone #?
I don't use Facebook, so that won't work for me.
customer

Madison Heights, MI

#22 Jan 3, 2013
Anyone know if they will continue making noodles and selling them in local store's ? The noodles were the best, and alot of people will miss that product. If anyone knows where we can purchase them please post .
thanks
hello2

Celina, OH

#23 Jan 3, 2013
no__sense wrote:
I'd like to try them....
But where are they located, or how can I contact them? A phone #?
I don't use Facebook, so that won't work for me.
Baked To Perfection is a great bakery & Alex Benevidez, the owner has 20+ years of experience. It is across the street from Pizza Hut in Delphos.
mee123

United States

#25 Jan 3, 2013
When you go into Delphos on Lincoln Highway you will stay on it when you get to the light at Main Street it look over to the left and you will see Baked to Perfection.
info

Lima, OH

#27 Jan 3, 2013
Butler's could have stayed and continued a thriving business if they had maintained
product quality and store hours. Whatever their family circumstances is, that's their business, but people should not claim they folded due to being "run out" and for lack of customers.
People would have shopped there as always if the quality and hours had stayed the same!
about mike

United States

#28 Jan 3, 2013
Mike's been in the bakery working since he was a kid, maybe he just got the bug to do something different, lots of people change careers, some more than once. Maybe he has plans for the storefront already, either way it's his store and his life, right?
gma2

Oakwood, OH

#29 Jan 4, 2013
I will really miss Butler Bakery noodles!
Sergeant Joe Friday

Lima, OH

#30 Jan 4, 2013
about mike wrote:
Mike's been in the bakery working since he was a kid, maybe he just got the bug to do something different, lots of people change careers, some more than once. Maybe he has plans for the storefront already, either way it's his store and his life, right?
You can find him out to Greve's selling cars he was there when the bakery was still going.

He is the sales professional!!!!!!!
well

United States

#32 Jan 6, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Another empty store front on main street?
Maybe another wind outfit will set up shop there. They got plenty of perky perks in the bullshit bill signed yesterday.
they are wind FARMS! lol, getting gov subs just like regular farmers

Since: Aug 12

United States

#33 Jan 6, 2013
The difference is, wind mills can't sustain themselves without them. Farmers get subsidys to the tune of a fraction of what they actually pay in taxes supporting all the toys politicians like to buy. Like aquatic centers... And wind mills.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#34 Jan 6, 2013
BTW, rushsays, you're on the wrong thread.
food inspector

Lima, OH

#35 Jan 17, 2013
They also have mice and rats running around in there when they were in business. Health inspector get ahold of that and it would be too bad..
What

Port Clinton, OH

#36 Jan 17, 2013
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO they are the best place around to have make a cake. Alex is a wonderful baker and artist, he can recreate anything and also can take your vision and make it come to life.
For those of you who don't know, Butlers closed because the owner took another job. So before rumors start just know he made the decision and wasn't forced out. I think it's sad he closed, they were the only source of freshly made donuts and pastries in town and their noodles were delicious. But people and times change. Hopefully someone with true vision will step in, I'm not sure if he's selling the store front or what.
Yeah the owner went to sell cars a greves and let his son run the shop into the ground.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#37 Jan 18, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah the owner went to sell cars a greves and let his son run the shop into the ground.
The truth of the matter is, Butler's demise is due mostly due to the change in attitude towards all those tasty treats. I was working for Dolly Madison (part of Hostess) when the Atkins diet took hold. With all the talk about carbs, weight loss, diabetes, etc., the business just died off. That's why Hostess, after two bankruptcies, is no more.

Butler's was no different than Hostess/Dolly Madison. If you look at the property tax records, you'll see the Butlers where behind in their taxes, and had been struggling for some time. They tried, but because of circumstances beyond their control, they couldn't make it. Yes, it's sad but it's a story being played out in many small communities.
Just asking

Lima, OH

#38 Jan 18, 2013
The new place in town will never be butlers, uses box mixes for all his cakes, nothing from scratch. Donuts are not made in house. Wish it was better!
info

Lima, OH

#39 Jan 18, 2013
Kirby R Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth of the matter is, Butler's demise is due mostly due to the change in attitude towards all those tasty treats. I was working for Dolly Madison (part of Hostess) when the Atkins diet took hold. With all the talk about carbs, weight loss, diabetes, etc., the business just died off. That's why Hostess, after two bankruptcies, is no more.
Butler's was no different than Hostess/Dolly Madison. If you look at the property tax records, you'll see the Butlers where behind in their taxes, and had been struggling for some time. They tried, but because of circumstances beyond their control, they couldn't make it. Yes, it's sad but it's a story being played out in many small communities.
If that's the case, why are places like "Baked To Perfection" thriving? That place is packed every day! They sell plenty of sugary "treats"! I talked to several people in the past few months who wanted to buy things from Butlers, but could no longer stop on their way to work due to the new hours. Sorry, no disrespect intended, but I personally think your theory is all wrong.
LOL

Lima, OH

#40 Jan 18, 2013
Just asking wrote:
The new place in town will never be butlers, uses box mixes for all his cakes, nothing from scratch. Donuts are not made in house. Wish it was better!
lol I hope they will never be like Butlers! Those donuts were greasy! I had 1 bite 30yrs ago and that was enough for me! "tasty treats" lmao!
super

United States

#41 Jan 18, 2013
info wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the case, why are places like "Baked To Perfection" thriving? That place is packed every day! They sell plenty of sugary "treats"! I talked to several people in the past few months who wanted to buy things from Butlers, but could no longer stop on their way to work due to the new hours. Sorry, no disrespect intended, but I personally think your theory is all wrong.
Baked to Perfection doesn't have other competing markets like walmart and any other decent market bakeries. Butler's business was a lot of downtown store employees,(anyone looked at downtown lately) and the school lunch and afternoon kids,(we know where the school now has closed lunches) and regular bakery customers started buying baked goods at Pick 'n Save, Marsh, and Walmart; that way they could drive their cars and ride around in carts at one stop places. And to Kirby, people haven't improved their diets, they just buy whats cheapest and most convenient, Little Debbie undersold Hostess, look around at what you see, more overweight, unhealthy Americans
missed

United States

#42 Jan 18, 2013
Butlers bakery you will be missed!
Really

Norwalk, OH

#43 Jan 19, 2013
Why does it matter so much to everyone on here why they closed? They were part of van wert, and they decided to call it quits. Opinions are great, but attach that to your statement. There's 39 comments, and I don't believe any are correct, other than those stating they will miss the place, and those mentioning they like baked to perfection. And in my opinion, whoever the person is that asked for a phone number, or direction, seriously? You somehow found topix, but you can't find google? Did you know, that you can google it, and they will give you reviews, and direction? This site is full of no namers, and people I've never heard of before, posting about people whom I've never heard of before. Get a life. Butlers closed. It's sad to some, and for whatever the reason, they will be missed. How about starting with statements, and actual facts, and not so much crap. You'd sound so much more intelligent. And this site might actually be fun, and interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comey fired 9 min McCONald CON Drum... 28
Wind Power 30 min Teve Srusk 29
Eaton attendance question Wed Eaton worker 16
WhoGotShot Jul 25 Dr Phil 7
Thanks To Obamacare, People Are Dying On Wait L... Jul 24 Reeve Susk 12
pine lake (Apr '11) Jul 24 TheMoreYouKnow 23
Hauntings (Feb '12) Jul 23 Bob 43

Van Wert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance