Next Last
really.

Bellefontaine, OH

#1 Jan 2, 2013
Butlers bakery closed its doors..

Since: Aug 12

United States

#2 Jan 2, 2013
Another empty store front on main street?
Maybe another wind outfit will set up shop there. They got plenty of perky perks in the bullshit bill signed yesterday.
Whatever

Lima, OH

#3 Jan 2, 2013
How is that sad? They did this to themselves.

They have declined significantly over the years. Who opens a bakery at 8:30 when people are already at work? Duh. The greasy foul mouthed pimply faced rude twerp that worked in there was so horrible to deal with that I stopped going there a long time ago. He was so mean and insulting to my kids even they didn't want to go back. The last dozen or so times I went in, they had nothing to buy. No product equals no sales. And what they did have was old. Again, they did it to themselves with inferior products and crap attitudes. We tried to buy dozens and dozens of unfrosted cookies from them for a church event this past Christmas, and they didn't want to make them for us! Seriously? I say good riddance, Mr Pimples. Maybe we can get a real bakery someday!
too bad

Delphos, OH

#4 Jan 2, 2013
Butlers used to be the best in town. Their home made noodles were awesome ! But, as was mentioned in an earlier post, they seriously declined in their product as well as poor customer service. Hopefully, someone will but the place out and make it back into what it used to be.
yes

Rockford, OH

#5 Jan 2, 2013
wow not surpised

for those same reasons and many more
really

Marysville, OH

#6 Jan 2, 2013
Whatever wrote:
How is that sad? They did this to themselves.
They have declined significantly over the years. Who opens a bakery at 8:30 when people are already at work? Duh. The greasy foul mouthed pimply faced rude twerp that worked in there was so horrible to deal with that I stopped going there a long time ago. He was so mean and insulting to my kids even they didn't want to go back. The last dozen or so times I went in, they had nothing to buy. No product equals no sales. And what they did have was old. Again, they did it to themselves with inferior products and crap attitudes. We tried to buy dozens and dozens of unfrosted cookies from them for a church event this past Christmas, and they didn't want to make them for us! Seriously? I say good riddance, Mr Pimples. Maybe we can get a real bakery someday!
It sounds like you have a good church attitude. You must be a very spiritual being?
Dadoftwo

Medina, OH

#7 Jan 2, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you have a good church attitude. You must be a very spiritual being?
Hit that one on the head.
TRUTH

Mansfield, OH

#8 Jan 2, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should they buy a crap product because they are followers of Christ?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#9 Jan 2, 2013
And who didn't see this coming? In today's "healthy living" enviroment, businesses that cater to only certain products which are deemed "unhealthy" have a hard time competiting. Look at Twinkies. Between trying to maintain food and labor cost, keeping your stale rate down to profitable levels, and fighting the unhealthy stigma, the small town bakery really doesn't have much of a chance to succeed. The last I knew Walmart brings their baked goods in from Indiana. I don't know about Main Street Market. Seems like the only place to get fresh donuts is Pick-N-Save.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10 Jan 2, 2013
Well I think it's sad. I always ordered birthday cakes from Butler's, now I'm going to have to find another place....not one of the grocery stores or WalMart.
Maybe one of the small bakers in the area will decide they want a storefront and move in there, that would be great!

“..EXPECT US..”

Since: Dec 12

LULZ, OHIO

#11 Jan 2, 2013
That bakery Travis has is good but I can't remember the name of it. Butlers sucked ass anyways IMO.

United States

#12 Jan 2, 2013
no__sense wrote:
Well I think it's sad. I always ordered birthday cakes from Butler's, now I'm going to have to find another place....not one of the grocery stores or WalMart.
Maybe one of the small bakers in the area will decide they want a storefront and move in there, that would be great!
That has to be a razor thin profit margin. I doubt anyone will try it again there.
NS, for your Bday cakes, you can order from http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/mobile/#l...
To say they're purty good is quite the understatement.

United States

#13 Jan 2, 2013
wwww.thecheesecakefactory.com
For the non mobile link.

“you like it, you like it a lot”

Since: May 12

screw you

#14 Jan 2, 2013
it's simply irresistible like the robert palmer song...you know ' she's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went...'
Alright

Marysville, OH

#15 Jan 2, 2013
simply irresistible is EXPENSIVE! His cupcakes are ok, but thats just it. Ok, not amazing. and NOT worth how much he charges! yikes!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#16 Jan 2, 2013
no__sense wrote:
I keep hearing good things about the cake shop in Delphos. I don't know the name but I'll try to get it. Does the new guy, Travis, do cakes? All I every have heard about are his cupcakes.
Curious

Columbus, OH

#17 Jan 2, 2013
The shop in Delphos is " Baked to Perfection" Their food and cakes are woderful!!
Lee

Holland, OH

#18 Jan 2, 2013
So sad! I went to Butler's when I was back in town over Thanksgiving, and was SO DISAPPOINTED! They were selling the cookie jars and only the center section of the donut case had anything in it. I bought something because I felt bad, but then went right over to check out Simply Irresistible. The guy running it was super friendly, and it was nice to have my spirits lifted after leaving DEPRESSED from Butler's! I bought a few things at Simply Irresistible, and I'll go back the next time I'm in town!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#19 Jan 2, 2013
Curious wrote:
The shop in Delphos is " Baked to Perfection" Their food and cakes are woderful!!
I have never heard of them before, but would be willing to try them for birthday cakes.
Where are they located in Delphos?
Eddie

Medina, OH

#20 Jan 2, 2013
no__sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never heard of them before, but would be willing to try them for birthday cakes.
Where are they located in Delphos?
IMO they are the best place around to have make a cake. Alex is a wonderful baker and artist, he can recreate anything and also can take your vision and make it come to life.

For those of you who don't know, Butlers closed because the owner took another job. So before rumors start just know he made the decision and wasn't forced out. I think it's sad he closed, they were the only source of freshly made donuts and pastries in town and their noodles were delicious. But people and times change. Hopefully someone with true vision will step in, I'm not sure if he's selling the store front or what.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You need to vote yes 5 min newsflash 11
Where are all of the libs 2 hr Pope Rushs Dotter 5
Oh my Gosh! 15 hr Well Hey There 4
News Starr Commonwealth to shut doors July 1 (Apr '10) Wed Darin39 35
I warned you Tue TheRealVW 10
goodjob Tue TheRealVW 28
News Galloway charged with multiple felonies after a... Tue TrashisTrash 54

Van Wert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance