Lincolnview School & B B Gun

Posted in the Van Wert Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Why

Sandusky, OH

#1 Mar 3, 2012
My son came home today and said annoy brought a BB gun in his bookbag. Does anyone know if this true?

“Yay! Yay!”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4 Mar 3, 2012
Can't stand his cousin Pester!!
hey

Bellville, OH

#5 Mar 3, 2012
shenanigans! i'm never going to turn down an opportunity to say or type that word...
Rigby

Cleveland, OH

#6 Mar 3, 2012
He gets it from his mother, Nuisance.
hey

Bellville, OH

#7 Mar 3, 2012
i heard miss chevious brought a slingshot in her bookbag.
hey

Bellville, OH

#9 Mar 3, 2012
cool.
Why

Sandusky, OH

#10 Mar 3, 2012
OMG! Will the school be punishing this person? Or will they let him get by with it because he was in 4th grade? Knives? Does the administration ever take him seriously? Maybe I am over concerned but you just can't be to careful these days.
hey

Bellville, OH

#12 Mar 3, 2012
i think its a made up crap story anyways. 1st a bb gun, now knives...next post will say it was a live grenade...don't buy it.
Rigby

Cleveland, OH

#13 Mar 3, 2012
No, his parents names should be. They're obviously morons.
Rigby

Cleveland, OH

#14 Mar 3, 2012
hey wrote:
i think its a made up crap story anyways. 1st a bb gun, now knives...next post will say it was a live grenade...don't buy it.
It was a grenade launcher, my friend.
hey

Bellville, OH

#15 Mar 3, 2012
yeah don't they know kids don't learn anything unless they make their own weapons. i'd be teaching my child the value of rolled coins and an old sock...
What I heard

United States

#16 Mar 4, 2012
It was a b b gun it was on the scanner one day last week. The kid left school grounds without permission during recess and was walking down hoaglin center towards Lincoln highway. The principal and superintendent went and were trying to calm him down. They did call the sheriffs department and eventually got him back to the school bit I never heard anything else about the situation.
go figure

Van Wert, OH

#17 Mar 4, 2012
Lincolnview never lets parents know of anything going on at the school. They try to keep everything hush hush and parents always find out things days later through the children. Sometimes its hard to believe what kids come back home and talk about. When I have tried calling the school to get the "real story" I am always told that the situation didn't happen that way.(That is if I even get a return call back after leaving a voicemail) Call me a concerned parent, but I think that there should be some better communication between staff and parents.
really

Lima, OH

#18 Mar 4, 2012
hey wrote:
it is not made up...call out there and ask....my son came home and was freaked out bc it was his classmate...so yes it is a very true story....and this should be taken seriously...even if the kid is too young to truly understand the ramifications of his actions, he should still get the maximum penalty....the fact that he may not understand is exactly why this can not be taken lightly....
just

United States

#19 Mar 4, 2012
Call Stemen Monday and ask. I'm sure they don't want to offend the idiot parents of this kid though.
go figure

Van Wert, OH

#20 Mar 4, 2012
I have tried calling Stemen. He has yet to return my 2 phone calls. Probably just answering it by saying that incident "fell through the cracks " <--- I have heard that before with another issue. My child said the kid got in-school suspension for a week. That's it! Way to teach a lesson. Especially the day after a school shooting in Ohio. Scary stuff.
WOW

Lima, OH

#21 Mar 4, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
it is not made up...call out there and ask....my son came home and was freaked out bc it was his classmate...so yes it is a very true story....and this should be taken seriously...even if the kid is too young to truly understand the ramifications of his actions, he should still get the maximum penalty....the fact that he may not understand is exactly why this can not be taken lightly....
So you put it on topix to start drama? Why put is name on here? I don't know this kid but I still believe his name should not have been put on here. Looks to me like you are a drama starter. Let the school officials handle it without the help of topix. Oh and by the way my kids do go to Lincolnview and they know nothing about it..
just

United States

#22 Mar 4, 2012
go figure wrote:
I have tried calling Stemen. He has yet to return my 2 phone calls. Probably just answering it by saying that incident "fell through the cracks " <--- I have heard that before with another issue. My child said the kid got in-school suspension for a week. That's it! Way to teach a lesson. Especially the day after a school shooting in Ohio. Scary stuff.
I'm sorry but the parents should be held accountable also. That's what's wrong with these schools. The teachers and administrators have to deal with dirtball parents that don't take the time to check the kids bag. I bet he was raised by a babysitter called a video game.
yo idiot

Lima, OH

#23 Mar 4, 2012
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>So you put it on topix to start drama? Why put is name on here? I don't know this kid but I still believe his name should not have been put on here. Looks to me like you are a drama starter. Let the school officials handle it without the help of topix. Oh and by the way my kids do go to Lincolnview and they know nothing about it..
uuuummmmm.....two things
1) The people have a right to know what is going on, and who is doing it, ESPECIALLY since this was such a dangerous act!!!
2) The fact that your children know nothing about it proves the point that the school is trying to brush it under the rug. I am sorry, but the continuing attitudes of "cover it up, its no big deal" has caused way too many lives as it is. I dont care how old he is. This is something that people have the right to be aware of. Not all of us are ok with things like this happening and people trying to cover it up like you are......
go figure

Saint Marys, OH

#24 Mar 4, 2012
just wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry but the parents should be held accountable also. That's what's wrong with these schools. The teachers and administrators have to deal with dirtball parents that don't take the time to check the kids bag. I bet he was raised by a babysitter called a video game.
I Never said the parents shouldn't be held accountable. I agree there are some "dirtball" parents out there that don't care about anything their kids do. That does not explain why the parents that do care(like myself) aren't informed when something like this happens. In fact, the schools should be responsible for sending some information home about these kind of things that go on during school hours. I put the safety of my child in this schools hands everyday. Though they are not responsible for what certain kids bring to school, they should be held accountable doing the right thing to protect EVERY child and not just their reputation! The fact that I have to hear about this kind of stuff from my child instead of hearing it straight from the source worries me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Todd Wolfrum 8 min U R Dumb 4
News Galloway charged with multiple felonies after a... (Feb '17) 1 hr Ugly Truth 68
Taylor whitcraft and glen callison 2 hr Goodluck 2
Democrat Party Approval ar 25 Year Low 5 hr D J T Jr 23
Don't Be Fooled. No means NO! 13 hr bonzo 37
Remember when... (Apr '13) 14 hr Greeeaaat 251
Al Franken 16 hr Conservative voter 3
Washington & Ervin Thu Conservative voter 15
Old schlotzskys spot Thu Mayor McCheese Mazur 5

Van Wert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Van Wert Mortgages