Since: Aug 12

United States

#21 Oct 19, 2012
You may have possibly not read my mention if I won the lottery in a differant thread... I believe it was in the Last nights debate thread and someone brought up the Bilderbergs deciding the election which gave me an incredibly funny idea, albeit one that I would NEVER do myself and especially not in Vdub.....

Now that yer up to speed, have a nice Effin day jackwagon!
Clyde

Mansfield, OH

#22 Oct 19, 2012
Brentlys in Delphos has a great atmosphere, great food and the prices were reasonable.
seriously

Fostoria, OH

#23 Oct 19, 2012
duh

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#24 Oct 21, 2012
The Bistro was quite nice. Thanks to the person who suggested it.
good restaurants

Celina, OH

#25 Oct 22, 2012
The only 2 places in Van Wert I would recommend to anyone is Wild Hare BBQ on West Main St. or Peking Chinese restaurant on South Washington St.

Other area family dining favorites:

Motor Inn Truck Stop-Mercer, OH--Friday's AUCE fish, plus other homestyle favorites.

West End Restaurant-Decatur, IN--fried chicken & fish.

CJ Highmarks-Celina, OH--BEST POT ROAST!

Billy's-Zulu, IN (21 & older only)-BEST MEXICAN in the region! You will not find a better margarita anywhere around.
no sense

San Jose, CA

#26 Oct 22, 2012
While I like Billy's, no way is that the best Mexican food in the region. I like their food, but the 2 Mexican places in town are better.
And the margaritas at Billy's are really good.
matt

Delphos, OH

#27 Oct 22, 2012
Balyeats is gross!

Huron, OH

#28 Oct 22, 2012
Balyeats is cool because its like stepping back in time.

Huron, OH

#29 Oct 22, 2012
What was I thinking, coming back to this county is like stepping back in time...
matt

Delphos, OH

#30 Oct 22, 2012
Balyeats is like one step below that truck stop on 30.

Location hidden

#31 Oct 22, 2012
matt wrote:
Balyeats is like one step below that truck stop on 30.
What is this Balyeat's?

Huron, OH

#32 Oct 22, 2012
It's right next to the courthouse to the east. Last I knew it had a 1950ish style neon sign that said Balyeats and coffee shop. When you stepped inside it had the feel of 1950's.(Even tho I wasn't around back then to vouch for that)

When I went to the 50's Prime Time cafe at Disneyworld, it sorta reminded me of Balyeats.

Seriously, it used to be like a sci movie where you entered the doorway and you stepped back in time but they don't present it that way openly..... It just is that way.
no sense

San Jose, CA

#33 Oct 22, 2012
VinylSpinner wrote:
<quoted text>What is this Balyeat's?
Bless your heart.... It's where Udidnt said it is, and it has a sign that says "Young Fried Chicken".
But here's a little tip.....
Don't ever ask for a menu in there or you will flag yourself as someone from out of town. Either look at the handwritten signs on the wall or ask the waitress what they have today.
I can tell you more if you wish to know, I have eaten there at least once a week for years.
no sense

San Jose, CA

#34 Oct 22, 2012
All the food is home-made. Go for lunch, it is less expensive. Roast beef, roast pork, swiss steak, beef and noodles, etc etc. 2 choices of potato, either mashed (yum) or another way. Usually 3 choices of vegetables, but they are really cooked, not lightly steamed and crunchy.
This is old-school, meat and potatoes Midwestern food for hard-working people.

Location hidden

#35 Oct 23, 2012
I'll look into this Balyeat's today...if it stops raining!

Huron, OH

#36 Oct 23, 2012
They've got BLACK RASPBERRY PIE!!!! I love that stuff. Haven't had it in years. Hardly anyone has it!

BTW, I'm just finishing up a piece right now.

Arlington, TX

#37 Oct 24, 2012
VinylSpinner wrote:
I'll look into this Balyeat's today...if it stops raining!
Well, didja go?
Spider

Bryan, OH

#38 Oct 31, 2012
no sense wrote:
Ha, like you will move back to VW!!!
And you know you need your Balyeat's fix.
When's the last time you had some beef n noodles over mashed potatoes down there in the south??
OMG! Did you flunk Health Class in school?
Elmer

Bryan, OH

#39 Oct 31, 2012
good wrote:
Uncle Fudd's in Melrose is excellent.
Ustawuz. Sucks noo

United States

#40 Nov 8, 2012
Of course you all realize...... This election means I'm not coming back to Van Wert and creating jobs.....
No Build A Burgers for you......
And no job for the many dumbasses available in Van Wert to put on a jester hat and scream at people who just got done building their burger, "YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whats up today mr pope 10 min P0PE Rush Says 312
Shaq Moore 25 min getchu 1
tasha comment 35 min vwman 36
Sarah Allen who's your baby daddy????? 43 min confederateflagsux 39
would u do that if u cared 1 hr Manipulation181 6
Starr Sold To Adrial Schools 2 hr haha 19
republican headquarters 3 hr P0PE Rush Says 14
Christopher Farris 9 hr Hive 13
cops n ems at old south 15 hr Stub 8

Van Wert Jobs