vwcoach wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you chris bower
Sorry but you are incorrect.
Spike

Cloverdale, OH

#22 Jun 27, 2013
Informed wrote:
Seniority shouldn't reign supreme over everything.... It's like you feel that the fact that you have put a significant number of years in somewhere, makes you entitled to what you want. While the length of time may be true, if you have actually contributed something worthwhile to the company in that amount of time, you wouldn't be so bent out of shape about something as trivial as the new Job Biding process, because your APEX would be good and it wouldn't even matter.
There will be a series of criteria that is considered before HR offers a job to an individual. APEX rating, job knowledge, and then seniority.
Let's run a scenario here to explain why seniority should not be the defining factor to who receives a job bid.
Job bid is for Hose Assembly A2.
Two candidates are Bill, from Fittings Assembly who has 30 years in, with an APEX rating of P3, and Jane who has 10 years in, also from Fittings Assembly but has worked in Hose Assembly before, with a P4 rating.
Are you honestly telling me that if you were who was placing people in new jobs, you would choose someone with more time in rather than prior experience and also a better APEX rating? No, you wouldn't, because just like any job, ANYWHERE, the person with the better background and experience will get the job. Experience requires less additional training, provides better efficiency, and legitimizes the fact that hard work allows for opportunity for advancement...
Also, I am not part of management, so before that stone is thrown at me for having grammatical skills and a vocabulary, just wanted to get that out of the way.
So what you are saying Bill doesn't deserve the right to learn a new job! If that is the case, some people would never be able to transfer.
By the way! How do you know Bill isn't a quick learner? How do you know Bill hasn't done similar jobs in another department. How do you know Jane knew what she was doing on that job? If she left it before, WHY?
Do you know what the Apex actually is?
A little help. You put down on paper what you can do to improve your job and how you can improve things to benefit Eaton.
Another thing Eaton wants people to do is advance in their jobs after being on one for 2 years or so. That can count against you if you don't. Makes sense to me if they are a good worker on their current job they should be happy to that person there. Not Eaton!
A lot of fls's don't have a clue what a worker does. That is the purpose of the Apex.
Another part of the Apex is so you can't say your boss has something against you for not letting you transfer or get a pay raise. They now have 2 other fls's evaluate your apex. So if your boss doesn't know what you do, how in the "HELL" would 2 others know anything about it.
So since seniority shouldn't reign supreme over everything, so when should it? To benefit you?
I like it that you think it should sometimes and not other times.
Informed

United States

#23 Jun 27, 2013
The problem with your argument with the "Bill/Jane" scenario is all the variables. Those could apply the same to people who have less seniority, if the bid process was back to being only seniority based. Also your definition for what the APEX is far too simplified... Clearly you do not understand it in it's entirety. You write down how you are fulfilling your role as an employee in various areas such as safety, efficiency, quality, etc. and then you have a development plan which is a set of goals you set for yourself, and your next APEX rating is a reflection of how you did in terms of meeting those goals. If you didn't meet them, then your score obviously doesn't go anywhere. Your bitterness towards this gives me the impression that you are someone that has been rated unfairly, and that is unfortunate. I am not saying that the APEX system is not flawed, because it is. And that is because the supervisors do not do what they are supposed to, supervise. Which in turn makes the bid process unfair in certain ways because they more or less group people together and rate them or have favorites, rather than it being on an individual basis. I will not disagree with that...
idiots

Sunbury, OH

#24 Jun 28, 2013
How much does Topix charge you idiots for having a union meeting?
yepyouareone

Centerburg, OH

#25 Jun 28, 2013
idiots wrote:
How much does Topix charge you idiots for having a union meeting?
the same price as yer dumbass for posting to the string
Spike

Cloverdale, OH

#26 Jun 28, 2013
Informed wrote:
The problem with your argument with the "Bill/Jane" scenario is all the variables. Those could apply the same to people who have less seniority, if the bid process was back to being only seniority based. Also your definition for what the APEX is far too simplified... Clearly you do not understand it in it's entirety. You write down how you are fulfilling your role as an employee in various areas such as safety, efficiency, quality, etc. and then you have a development plan which is a set of goals you set for yourself, and your next APEX rating is a reflection of how you did in terms of meeting those goals. If you didn't meet them, then your score obviously doesn't go anywhere. Your bitterness towards this gives me the impression that you are someone that has been rated unfairly, and that is unfortunate. I am not saying that the APEX system is not flawed, because it is. And that is because the supervisors do not do what they are supposed to, supervise. Which in turn makes the bid process unfair in certain ways because they more or less group people together and rate them or have favorites, rather than it being on an individual basis. I will not disagree with that...
I've actually never been denied a transfer to another job. My Apex scores have always been good. I do know for a fact that some of the ones that get high scores don't deserve them. But if you can talk about ball sports and golf that gives you a great advantage.
Some times those goals can't be met for no fault of the worker. Is that fair to that employee?
The Apex was to prevent favoritism by fls's so they said.
Still happens. You are right about one thing. A fls doesn't have a clue on how to supervise. You need to watch some of the people that are texting when they are supposed to work. Those are the ones that get good Apex scores. Sometimes you have to take a crap job to get a good job. That is the way it used to be. Some people are just bull shitters and put down anything. Some jobs are hard to improve. So how fare is that to those employees.
Jack Black

Ottawa, OH

#27 Jul 17, 2013
To the original poster.....if you have 30+ yrs in, get the hell out!!! Let some people that have no job in. You seem to be one with a low APEX score, thats why it bothers you. My wife and I have worked there for just under 10 years, and if you go to work, do your job, keep your mouth shut (which obviously you can't), you will be fine.

I bet you drive a newer vehicle, have a nice house, a full belly, stay warm in the winter, cool in the summer. LOOK AROUND YOU....YOU ARE ONE OF THE FORTUNATE ONES....THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD LOVE TO BE IN YOUR SHOES.
Rush Says

Johnstown, OH

#28 Jul 17, 2013
Jack Black wrote:
To the original poster.....if you have 30+ yrs in, get the hell out!!! Let some people that have no job in. You seem to be one with a low APEX score, thats why it bothers you. My wife and I have worked there for just under 10 years, and if you go to work, do your job, keep your mouth shut (which obviously you can't), you will be fine.
I bet you drive a newer vehicle, have a nice house, a full belly, stay warm in the winter, cool in the summer. LOOK AROUND YOU....YOU ARE ONE OF THE FORTUNATE ONES....THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD LOVE TO BE IN YOUR SHOES.
the problem here is that they want what he has without working for it. Is he supposed to feel guilty because he has everything that you stated above? Maybe they don't have his work ethic. Maybe they have tattoos covering their entire body and facial piercings. Maybe they are now realizing that people that hire workers can and will judge you for how you look and act no matter what all the free thinkers have told you your whole life. This is how it works in the real world for all you that got the participation trophies your whole life.
Spike

Cloverdale, OH

#29 Jul 17, 2013
Jack Black wrote:
The original poster like me has worked for over 30 years and worked to get what we have. I don't know about "Eaton Employee" but what the hell business is it of yours what he or anyone else has! He has worked over 30 years and should have something to show for it. BIG DEAL that you have less than 10 years. Maybe in another 20+ years you can have what other people have. That's the problem with people. They think they should have as much or more in less than 1/3 the time. Why should Eaton Employee or anyone else get out to benefit you or your wife? As for myself, my vehicle is older than a 2000 and has 180,000 miles on it. My home was built in the early 1900's. So how old is your home and vehicles? As I've said before, my Apex score has never kept me from getting the job I've bid on.
Maybe you could get ahead by talking sports with your supervisor. That has always helped a lot of others.
Spike

Cloverdale, OH

#30 Jul 17, 2013
A question for you Jack Black. Who put you in charge on when people should quit their jobs?
So in 20 more years you will quit and let someone else have your job?
Rush Says

Johnstown, OH

#31 Jul 17, 2013
Spike wrote:
A question for you Jack Black. Who put you in charge on when people should quit their jobs?
So in 20 more years you will quit and let someone else have your job?
Its not Jacks fault. His generation has been raised to expect everything for nothing their whole life. I believe its referred to as " generation Me and F U "
Eaton Employee

Paulding, OH

#32 Jul 18, 2013
JB you are right I have all those things plus much more and draw social security. I love my job and have always had good apex's. If I didn't I would have retired. I had to work 2nd then 3rd shift and I didn't get job bids because of my seniority and I was fine with that. All I am saying is now people will get jobs because they are suck ups and not because they are better qualified.
does nothing

Columbus, OH

#33 Jul 20, 2013
vwcoach wrote:
<quoted text>thank you chris bower
wow that's a beep who gets paid to do NOTHING WHERE'S HER APEX ???
idiots

Sunbury, OH

#35 Jul 20, 2013
don rice wrote:
Favors cute young gals they have it made he always has some on the side but wouldn't you if you was him his wife has no personality shes a real you know what Nikki is a real peice of art!Don Rice you Rock well at least you think you do !
If you spoiled little babies don't like it there why don't you quit and go some place else? I would guess that no place else would put up with your childish behavior.

I'll bet none of you are over worked and that you have as much time in the break room as you do in your work area and on the job. That is they whiners are. Your sorry selves need to examine yourselves.
Spike

Cloverdale, OH

#36 Jul 20, 2013
idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
If you spoiled little babies don't like it there why don't you quit and go some place else? I would guess that no place else would put up with your childish behavior.
I'll bet none of you are over worked and that you have as much time in the break room as you do in your work area and on the job. That is they whiners are. Your sorry selves need to examine yourselves.
Why do you care what the workers at Eaton say? Does this effect your pay or what. I like it how you defend people like Michelle Smith that stole from the art center and bitch when people complain about their jobs. At least we haven't stolen thousands of dollars and gotten away with it. I like your statement about "Your sorry selves need to examine yourselves".
I do examine myself everyday I leave Eaton to make sure I didn't catch some sort of disease from that place.
AAC

Lima, OH

#37 Jul 20, 2013
idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you work there? If you don't work there what's it to you how people talk or what they say about the place?
tin roof

Saint Marys, OH

#38 Jul 21, 2013
does nothing wrote:
<quoted text>
wow that's a beep who gets paid to do NOTHING WHERE'S HER APEX ???
paid to do nothing?? are you joking?? she is in the cafe almost every day telling the workers what kinds of "healthy" food they need to offer. that is the perfect job for her. i mean, look at her! she is a role model for healthy eating!!
Connie

Bellefontaine, OH

#39 Jul 21, 2013
happy with my job wrote:
should have got a union in there years ago, would'nt have to worry about your seniority now!
You are right! Because they wouldn't have jobs.
HardcoreAtheist

Lima, OH

#40 Jul 24, 2013
True wrote:
I have to agree with Seriously..100%. Hard work and integrity will get recognized... Whining, well see ya later and just hit the door cause we don't want you anymore.
I worked my ass off at Eaton for 1 year as a temp. I worked circles around the full timers on a daily basis. I had 4 separate supervisors go to HR and tell them to hire me. I had an interview and got told 3 weeks later that they decided not to hire me, and instead hired a 500 pound sweaty blob off the street who was so fat he could barely walk to his job, let alone do it, because this fat blobs father has worked there for 20 years ... so, at Eaton, hard work and integrity mean nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is Joe Jared's Daughter? 4 min Blacklist 16
question for the atheist 21 min in god 367
Tina Warren dead, Terry announces CV fundraiser... 25 min Here'sssss Johnny 15
handyman wanted 1 hr Handy Man 2
Eaton 3rd shift fittings 1 hr Jim 4
city making lotts of money on closed washington... 3 hr Blacklist 5
We need a sober cruising club 3 hr truth 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Van Wert Mortgages