Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Eaton wants our feedback on the bid process for next year and they are sure getting it but we all know it's already a done deal.If I bid on a job with my 30 years seniority and I get beat out by someone with 1 year seniority do I get to see their confidential apex to see if it's better than mine? Or do I just believe them that it has nothing to do with them being best friends with their Supervisor ? Seniority means nothing at Eaton any more.
happy with my job

Delphos, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

should have got a union in there years ago, would'nt have to worry about your seniority now!
vwcoach

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

you can trust management out there. they are all honest and trutworthy. no funny business out there at the big E!
Seriously

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

This is why American companies fail. Greed and entitlement. Want the Promotion? Here's an idea, work your ass off and make yourself invaluable To the company. You will be noticed. NEWSFLASH: Everyone THINKS that they are the best. Only one is the best and chances are most of the time it's not you. Geez....smh.

You are in control of your own destiny and with a bad attitude like that, you arent going too far. But wait, you are the type that THINKS that you have a good attitude.
Seriously

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Btw, keep acting like that and they'll pack up and move to somewhere that's got a little more progressive way of thinking. You need them more than they need you, unless u start to live/think/work like joe Jared but I don't see that happening anytime soon either.
Cry Babies

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Seriously wrote:
This is why American companies fail. Greed and entitlement. Want the Promotion? Here's an idea, work your ass off and make yourself invaluable To the company. You will be noticed. NEWSFLASH: Everyone THINKS that they are the best. Only one is the best and chances are most of the time it's not you. Geez....smh.
You are in control of your own destiny and with a bad attitude like that, you arent going too far. But wait, you are the type that THINKS that you have a good attitude.
shut up and go to work
Seriously

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Cry Babies wrote:
<quoted text> shut up and go to work
Lol. Truth always hurts when it's not what we want to hear.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

happy with my job wrote:
should have got a union in there years ago, would'nt have to worry about your seniority now!
Screw labor unions they are pretty much responsible from taking us from a manufacturing nation to a consumer nation. They no longer serve a purpose in America and haven't for years. Its because of labor unions and gross demands on labor wages/benefits that we lost all of those gazillion jobs to China.
True

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

I have to agree with Seriously..100%. Hard work and integrity will get recognized... Whining, well see ya later and just hit the door cause we don't want you anymore.
Informed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Seniority shouldn't reign supreme over everything.... It's like you feel that the fact that you have put a significant number of years in somewhere, makes you entitled to what you want. While the length of time may be true, if you have actually contributed something worthwhile to the company in that amount of time, you wouldn't be so bent out of shape about something as trivial as the new Job Biding process, because your APEX would be good and it wouldn't even matter.

There will be a series of criteria that is considered before HR offers a job to an individual. APEX rating, job knowledge, and then seniority.

Let's run a scenario here to explain why seniority should not be the defining factor to who receives a job bid.

Job bid is for Hose Assembly A2.
Two candidates are Bill, from Fittings Assembly who has 30 years in, with an APEX rating of P3, and Jane who has 10 years in, also from Fittings Assembly but has worked in Hose Assembly before, with a P4 rating.

Are you honestly telling me that if you were who was placing people in new jobs, you would choose someone with more time in rather than prior experience and also a better APEX rating? No, you wouldn't, because just like any job, ANYWHERE, the person with the better background and experience will get the job. Experience requires less additional training, provides better efficiency, and legitimizes the fact that hard work allows for opportunity for advancement...

Also, I am not part of management, so before that stone is thrown at me for having grammatical skills and a vocabulary, just wanted to get that out of the way.
brent

Delphos, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

The fls favorites will benefit from the new program more now than ever
AAC

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Informed wrote:
Seniority shouldn't reign supreme over everything.... It's like you feel that the fact that you have put a significant number of years in somewhere, makes you entitled to what you want. While the length of time may be true, if you have actually contributed something worthwhile to the company in that amount of time, you wouldn't be so bent out of shape about something as trivial as the new Job Biding process, because your APEX would be good and it wouldn't even matter.
There will be a series of criteria that is considered before HR offers a job to an individual. APEX rating, job knowledge, and then seniority.
Let's run a scenario here to explain why seniority should not be the defining factor to who receives a job bid.
Two candidates are Bill, from Fittings Assembly who has 30 years in, with an APEX rating of P3, and Jane who has 10 years in, also from Fittings Assembly but has worked in Hose Assembly before, with a P4 rating.
Are you honestly telling me that if you were who was placing people in new jobs, you would choose someone with more time in rather than prior experience and also a better APEX rating? No, you wouldn't, because just like any job, ANYWHERE, the person with the better background and experience will get the job. Experience requires less additional training, provides better efficiency, and legitimizes the fact that hard work allows for opportunity for advancement...
Also, I am not part of management, so before that stone is thrown at me for having grammatical skills and a vocabulary, just wanted to get that out of the way.
Your point might be valid if Bill and Jane got their ratings based on legitimate facts and work accomplished. When in reality Jane got a better rating because her FLS liked her better. Bill didn't get his P4, even though he deserved it, because his FLS doesn't like him!
I'll be anxious to see how relaxed you feel about these things when you are the one who's been there 30 plus years and someone with only a few years is getting paid more for doing the same or even less work.(Note, I said for doing the same "work", not just having the same "job".) Hope you're taking lots and lots of notes for your future APEX forms, so you can get credit for all you did over the years! Not that it will matter! lol
idiots

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Eaton Employee wrote:
Eaton wants our feedback on the bid process for next year and they are sure getting it but we all know it's already a done deal.If I bid on a job with my 30 years seniority and I get beat out by someone with 1 year seniority do I get to see their confidential apex to see if it's better than mine? Or do I just believe them that it has nothing to do with them being best friends with their Supervisor ? Seniority means nothing at Eaton any more.
Why are you idiots aren't your work grievances on Topix. Aren't your adult enough to deal with them in the work place. Grow up for crying out loud.

We buy you books and send you to school and this is what we get in return. What a waste.
AAC

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you idiots aren't your work grievances on Topix. Aren't your adult enough to deal with them in the work place. Grow up for crying out loud.
We buy you books and send you to school and this is what we get in return. What a waste.
Believe me, it's being discussed at the workplace too!

Do you know anything about APEX and how it is implemented? I sincerely doubt it!
AAC

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you please define for me what "aren't your work grievances" and "aren't your adult" mean? Thank you!
idiots

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

AAC wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you please define for me what "aren't your work grievances" and "aren't your adult" mean? Thank you!
Why are you disgruntled employees on Topix trashing everybody? It is time that you grow up and quit if you don't like the job. It is not your job, but the company's job. Stop your whining, change your diaper and either go back to work or find a new job.

You should understand that.
vwcoach

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Informed wrote:
thank you chris bower
AAC

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you disgruntled employees on Topix trashing everybody? It is time that you grow up and quit if you don't like the job. It is not your job, but the company's job. Stop your whining, change your diaper and either go back to work or find a new job.
You should understand that.
You can use all the slurs about diapers, whining, crying. It isn't anything like that. The fact is you know nothing about what you're making a sorry attempt at talking about. You're simply a troll. Trolls are typically big losers.
True

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Thank you, Informed, I totally agree with you!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Informed wrote:
That's a union mindset. The job should go to the most qualified person and not somebody that's been working there forever. Longevity doesn't mean they are the best person for the job

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Van Wert Forum right now

Search the Van Wert Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 30 min xxxrayted 29,014
Emily and Danny 1 hr lolz 3
Looking for internet service 2 hr Moose 2
dancia 6 hr God bless you 21
who's right? israel or palestine 7 hr fista cuffs 26
Police @ the Bistro yesterday? 10 hr David Koresh 15
Shot and stabbed 12 hr EXACTLY 49
•••
•••
•••
•••

Van Wert Jobs

•••