First Prev
of 7
Next Last
sox

United States

#1 Nov 17, 2012
are van wert walmart workers planning to walk on black friday?
Run not walk

United States

#2 Nov 17, 2012
Yes, we are there will be NO black friday sales at van wert walmart.
Someone

Paulding, OH

#3 Nov 17, 2012
Hope they all like getting fired. Plenty of people to take your place with this economy the way it is.
Gertrude

Paulding, OH

#4 Nov 17, 2012
OK......Take their place if they are fired. You too will walk off next Black Friday, if
not before!
Someone

Paulding, OH

#5 Nov 17, 2012
Gertrude wrote:
OK......Take their place if they are fired. You too will walk off next Black Friday, if
not before!
They should all be thankful they have a job. People forget who they are and where they come from. Everybody in this country thinks they are entitled to something. Guess what, this country is going down the f ing tubes like a flaming comet. If you have a job, you should hold onto it for as long as you can. It probably won't be long until we are close to or even at a new depression era. Those of you who work at wal mart ask yourselves if only one grocery in town could survive, who do you think it would be?
I wish

Celina, OH

#6 Nov 17, 2012
people would realize that if they were not in line for these crazy sales Wal Mart would not start the sales as early. Customers will be there to buy the stuff so they have to have people there to sell it. But the easy thing is to always pass the buck and blame someone else instead of look at ourselves. Don;t go to the sale and they wont open as early next year. Classic supply and demand.
lol

Delphos, OH

#7 Nov 17, 2012
I heard Sam Walton is going to be at VW's store. Serving the people personally!
Eyeroll

Rockford, OH

#8 Nov 17, 2012
lol wrote:
I heard Sam Walton is going to be at VW's store. Serving the people personally!
The ghost of Thanksgiving/Black Friday past?
lol

Delphos, OH

#9 Nov 17, 2012
Oh.....he's dead?...bad joke then..whoops!!
Get With It

Butler, OH

#10 Nov 17, 2012
It is a bit sad that people go nuts over a ten dollar crockpot and will beat the hell out of someone to get it. It's just stuff! You don't NEED that trash. Don't let material BS consume you. I could understand if they had a black friday sale on food, or other things you need to live on, but i'm sorry iPod's just aren't one of them.

As far as the workers walking off. I say do it. My reason would be for how management runs that place. It sucks! Teach them a lesson by not coming in to work when they need you the most. Maybe then they'll actually have a staff on normal days in the checkouts so people like me don't have to wait in a mile long line because there's 2 lanes open on a Sunday afternoon. Hopefully you people have a bug enough sack to follow through.
half way agree

United States

#11 Nov 17, 2012
I agree that people don't need most of their stuff; but some of the employees are miffed 'cause they have to work holidays; hello, it's retail! that's when you work! along with food industry, medical field, etc!
Eyeroll

Rockford, OH

#12 Nov 17, 2012
lol wrote:
Oh.....he's dead?...bad joke then..whoops!!
I thought it was funny. His eldest son is Samuel Robson "Rob" Walton. Technically, he is a Sam Walton. Maybe he will show up.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#13 Nov 17, 2012
Stupid question haha. Nobody is going to walk off on Black Friday if they want to get a paycheck. Wal-Mart is just giving customers what they ask for. Employee's are paid to do a job and most do it very well.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#14 Nov 17, 2012
wildon883r wrote:
Stupid question haha. Nobody is going to walk off on Black Friday if they want to get a paycheck. Wal-Mart is just giving customers what they ask for. Employee's are paid to do a job and most do it very well.
Well, I read that some WalMart employees nationwide do indeed intend to walk out or not show up. This year, WalMart is starting their Black Friday sales at 8 pm on Thanksgiving day, according to what I read. Employees don't have the option to not work those hours, and this is what they are pissed off about.
I know that in years past stores like K Mart and Tractor Supply, also Rural King, have been open on Thanksgiving day, so not sure why WalMart employees are surprised.
I personally think the whole Black Friday thing is stupid.... no one should be open on Thanksgiving day except maybe in the morning for grocery stores. Then maybe open up on Friday at like 6 or 7 am.
jughead

Lima, OH

#15 Nov 18, 2012
I personally feel that those people in retail both need and deserve Thanksgiving Day off to relax and be with their families. It's probably the last day they get to spend any time with them until after Christmas. Has society gotten so pathetic that we have forgotten the true meaning of the season? And we the consumers are at fault because we allow the Walmarts, and the Targets, and the KMarts to luer us in every year. As long as we show up they will be open forcing theese workers to work. Screw black friday this year! I'm not going simply because it has gotten completely out of hand. Nother thing is that if theese big companies really gave a shit about the consumer theese prices would be in effect all year long and not just for a few hours a year. Wake up people they make a killing off os us all year long! Shop you mom and pop shops that are closed on Thanksgiving. Afterall, when you shop and the big stores you are buying some millionaire a third house...when you shop small and local you are putting a little girl in dance class, or keeping one family off of welfare, or better yet you just may be buying something AMERICAN MADE!
in the know

Lima, OH

#16 Nov 18, 2012
I strongly recommend these workers walk off. Walmart makes HUGE profits every year. They are able to give their CEO a bonus that equals what they pay their workers for a year but are unable to pay employees a decent wage. 80% of walmart workers receive gov aid by means of foodstamps and Medicaid. Why do our tax dollars have to pay for the countries top business's employee's when the company could. Walmart employees you deserve better pay! For all of you who disagree go ahead take their jobs if they get fired and u can make minium wage at a company who makes BILLIONS and when u can't live off the wages just go on welfare and ask our gov to pay for you because ur BILLION $ company can't
bonerpants

Russia, OH

#17 Nov 18, 2012
My mom says if y'all walk off and get fired, we'll support you and not go to walmart any more until they rehire y'all.

“you like it, you like it a lot”

Since: May 12

screw you

#18 Nov 18, 2012
no__sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I read that some WalMart employees nationwide do indeed intend to walk out or not show up. This year, WalMart is starting their Black Friday sales at 8 pm on Thanksgiving day, according to what I read. Employees don't have the option to not work those hours, and this is what they are pissed off about.
I know that in years past stores like K Mart and Tractor Supply, also Rural King, have been open on Thanksgiving day, so not sure why WalMart employees are surprised.
I personally think the whole Black Friday thing is stupid.... no one should be open on Thanksgiving day except maybe in the morning for grocery stores. Then maybe open up on Friday at like 6 or 7 am.
uhh, pretty sure tractor supply and rural king were never open on thanksgiving day unless there was some freak power outage and there was a mad dash on generators...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#19 Nov 18, 2012
the awesome hey wrote:
<quoted text>uhh, pretty sure tractor supply and rural king were never open on thanksgiving day unless there w some freak power outage and there was a mad dash on generators...
Rural King is open every Thanksgiving day. Our family goes there after we eat dinner and walk around and look at stuff. Don't ask me why....it just became something we always do. I think it may have started when they first opened and you could win a big prize of some sort but you had to be present to win.

“you like it, you like it a lot”

Since: May 12

screw you

#20 Nov 18, 2012
wow, every thanksgiving spent wandering around a smelly farm store. sounds exciting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wondering 3 hr Matt 33
Najah Martin 4 hr Disappointed adult 16
Connie Allen 5 hr Conniefatass 1
Benefit for Checker small chipmunk. 5 hr whacko 10
Hottie at the gas station 5 hr Pak A Sak 2
Where is Kim Thatcher's new baby ? 6 hr disturbed 55
New Sports Complex 8 hr wally 82

Van Wert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance