First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dancing lair

Delphos, OH

#21 Apr 7, 2011
crestviewhs wrote:
im a student at crestview and it has been fun...as for lincolnview i have lots of friends there that think the same about their school. the rivalry and friendships that exist between the two schools is unparalleled and just flat out fun
I totally agree! I've went to lincolnview since kindergarden and there is nothing wrong with either school. It's always fun dressing up to play crestview (even if they usually win lol)
People shouldn't judge a school they don't go to.
well well well

Van Wert, OH

#22 Apr 7, 2011
lancer wrote:
Lincolnview is pretty awesome compared to the rest. I'm a senior there and couldn't think of a better place to have spent the last thirteen years definitly better than van wert and it's drug and sex problems. Lincolnview is a small school where everyone knows everyone. That creates some good bonding. Great school :)
how do you know it's better than VW since you didn't go there?
VWHS Student

Van Wert, OH

#23 Apr 7, 2011
The only reason van wert has more pregnancies is because we have a parenting class. When students from different schools get pregnant, those schools suggest they move to VW so they can get help.
Bri

Cincinnati, OH

#24 Apr 7, 2011
No, I was actually pregnant my senior year at Crestview and NO ONE told me to move to Van Wert so I could get help... Crestview has parenting classes and also a GRADS class which helps teen mothers and teens who are pregnant in high school learn about caring for a baby...
alivoca

Medina, OH

#25 Apr 7, 2011
Vantage is ,2 Guys giving eachother handjobs , fights every week , teachers going to jail, pregnet chicks, drugs ,sluty chicks, gross people
change

Van Wert, OH

#26 Apr 7, 2011
lancer wrote:
Lincolnview is pretty awesome compared to the rest. I'm a senior there and couldn't think of a better place to have spent the last thirteen years definitly better than van wert and it's drug and sex problems. Lincolnview is a small school where everyone knows everyone. That creates some good bonding. Great school :)
How do you know it's better than Van Wert if you haven't went to Van Wert? Another closed minded farmer's kid.
4wow

Van Wert, OH

#27 Apr 7, 2011
Bri wrote:
No, I was actually pregnant my senior year at Crestview and NO ONE told me to move to Van Wert so I could get help... Crestview has parenting classes and also a GRADS class which helps teen mothers and teens who are pregnant in high school learn about caring for a baby...
the rest of the county never gets to hear this stuff so it always looks like VWCS schools is the only one to have problems! thanks for sharing.
Bri

Cincinnati, OH

#28 Apr 7, 2011
You're welcome! Every school has their problems. I'm not calling myself a "problem" but Van Wert isn't the only place where this occurs.
Susie

Bowling Green, OH

#29 Apr 7, 2011
Oh gosh people. If a school has more kids like Van Wert and Paulding, there is of course going to be more people prego and with problems. I know a girl at Paudling, 8th grade and pregnant with twins. See it's not only VWHS, every school is gonna have this stuff. Look where the kid has grown up. Poor parenting skills are the biggest reason! To add to that, many parents do not wanna talk about sex and think that the schools will do so. But the schools have a very limited sex ed section in their health classes.
minni

Van Wert, OH

#30 Apr 7, 2011
Bri wrote:
Heaven forbid! you don't actually mean to tell us that students get pregnant enough times at Crestview that they have a Grads class? To hear all the other county schools tell it only VWHS has this type of problem.
VWHS Student

Van Wert, OH

#31 Apr 8, 2011
I meant students who aren't seniors and have to deal with having a child at a younger age.. not the year they graduate. And for who said people have sex in the hallways.. no one can even get away with touching someones hand. I mean seriously the faculty is all over that before that can happen. And in my years at the hs.. There has only been 2 fights. And no parking lot 'mugging'. Can't believe everything you hear.
Van Wert is awesome

Bellefontaine, OH

#32 Apr 8, 2011
Uhm. Mamma? I'm a kid who attends Van Wert and there is no sex made in the hallways, or in front of teachers. You're making a false statement there hun. Van Wert is a good school, maybe not the town. So get your asumptions correct. All the schools are pretty much the same, just different kids, and teachers. Just because you hear one thing about someone doesn't mean the whole school does it. K? Thank you. Have a good day (:
wayne trace

United States

#33 Apr 8, 2011
I graduated from Wayne Trace and it is overall a pretty good school. I didn't necessarily like all of the teachers, but the education was decent and it wad fairly small so I knew most everyone. It was pretty decent.
Bri

Cincinnati, OH

#34 Apr 8, 2011
minni wrote:
<quoted text> Heaven forbid! you don't actually mean to tell us that students get pregnant enough times at Crestview that they have a Grads class? To hear all the other county schools tell it only VWHS has this type of problem.
My counselor was a former GRADS teacher and recommended it.
Her Friend

Van Wert, OH

#35 Sep 18, 2013
someone who knows wrote:
i no someone who got caught having sex in the hallway. the girl got pregnant and now has a son to take care of. what alot of parents don't get is the schools push it under the rug so as not to get bad pablicity. haven't any of you noticed the rate of teen pregnancies are going up fast everywhere? kids are learning how to hide when they are having sex and how they are going about having sex.her name was crystal robison, her last name is diff. now cause she got married. i'm not sure if i'm spelling her name right. she was suspended for 10 days as was the boy she was caught with. another person is rebecca. she got suspended for 3 days for having sex in the school bathroom. there are more people who got caught and many more that didn't. i don't remember most of their names. a couple of the guys that got suspended were matt, kyle and rob
yep, she got pregnant just the way you say, even though she actually got pregnant from an assault by her stepfather, but go ahead and trash people, cuz your amazing like that.:)
agree

Enfield, IL

#36 Sep 18, 2013
Erin wrote:
<quoted text> O.K. this may blow my cover but here goes. I worked in the Van Wert City School System as a paraprofessional for years. What amazed me the most was how very dedicated the teachers were. I don't remember one that wasn't doing a fantastic job over and above what was expected. If you want to know what happens at school become a volunteer and see first hand how very blessed we are to have the teaching staff that we do.
I too worked in van wert city schools as classified staff; really, I found the teachers to be some of the best! If you want to know what goes on volunteer, you will be impressed!
Calvin

Bucyrus, OH

#37 Sep 18, 2013
All schools are comparable and your education in northwest rural ohio will be what you make of it. Solid parenting with open communication is the only way to attempt keeping your child out of trouble. I graduated from Wayne trace years ago and I was mostly happy with my education. As for sex at school, that was happening back when I was in school. No one talked about it but everyone knew it. There were even relationships going on between HS girls and teachers and coaches. None of them were ever reported although perpetrators were eventually pushed out.
LHS Grad

Shreve, OH

#38 Sep 19, 2013
I spent 13 years at Lincolnview and I wouldn't of rather have been any where else. I miss that place. I had friends from Van Wert and never heard a good thing from them. I love the teachers a l'view. I loved the "little farm school" because it gave you a better one on one learning chance. Less students means a better opportunity for teachers to help you. Great school!
Get With It

Mount Vernon, OH

#39 Sep 19, 2013
There was a VW girl (a junior) and a male teacher who were texting back and forth last year. He would tell her about his relationship problems WITH HIS WIFE and lack of sex life etc. They'd flirt with each other. Someone caught on to them. Cant remember who. but she lied about the extent of their conversations to keep from getting in trouble. She was pretty bummed out that they couldn't talk anymore. he definitely dodged a bullet. I don't remember his name. I know he's not that old and he is immature. Wants to be "cool" to the students.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
isis 42 min just my opinion 13
John Mattix fired 44 min the awesome hey 2
Rail project to boost economic development, num... 1 hr Rush Says 44
Ashley Burk to have next baby in prison 1 hr Nimbus 1
Wind farm pays more than $1 million in Paulding... 1 hr the awesome hey 29
moses wilder 2 hr straight gin 4
eaton coworkers 3 hr the awesome hey 10
Little Caesars Pizza Van Wert Ohio 18 hr Yawn 45
Van Wert Dating
Find my Match