Family drama played out in Common Ple...

Family drama played out in Common Pleas Court

There are 7 comments on the The Times Bulletin story from Sep 19, 2012, titled Family drama played out in Common Pleas Court. In it, The Times Bulletin reports that:

A family damaged by a stabbing incident involving two brothers will get a chance to put the pieces back together again.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times Bulletin.

WOW

Lima, OH

#1 Sep 20, 2012
6 months in the worth center and 3 years of community control for stabbing someone. NO F'ing Way! Brother or no brother. 4 years in prison is what he should had got. Our Justice System has failed, again!
wtf

Twinsburg, OH

#2 Sep 20, 2012
Our jusice system here in VW county is pathetic wish I knew where the Judge was coming from when he sits in court and sentencing individuals or in many cases doesn't just slaps there hands over and over and over really yet put away good individuals who to had made a bad choice but as an individual is an awesome human being who worked supported his/her family and had a supportive loving family and what does he/she get??? sure does make one wonder about VW courts. Letting drug induced/selling individuals out to harm others by selling/shooting up oh thats ok or in this case oh poor me this poor family is broken up and needs to mend well yeah thats the case with many others but do you care ?? no not the VW court system someday I pray this county changes and truely looks at the whole picture as to what individual have made a bad choice and they to regret it and wants to mend their families. by the way God DOES NOT judge why should you Judge??
mike

Lima, OH

#3 Sep 20, 2012
this kinda sentence is only telling people u can stab someone and get away with it. my cousin got this same sentence on a drug charge. stabbing someone is more serious then selling drugs to someone.
the last 2 cases before this one, where someone was stabbed, they got 4-5 years in prison. so why does this guy get off with a slap on the wrist?
his father spoke for the son in court. why couldn't the son speak for himself? something is wrong with this picture. and family drama..haha everyone has family drama but we don't go around stabbing each other.
Curious

Columbus, OH

#4 Sep 28, 2012
Who was this that got time at the Worth Center for a stabbing?
David

Mount Vernon, OH

#5 Sep 28, 2012
I truly Believe the Judges are being bought by the drug dealers and others (Lawyers) in Van Wert...The same drug dealers are busted everytime and they get nothing..
Plese PROVE TO ME The JUDGES AREN`T BEING BOUHT !!
law

Minford, OH

#6 Sep 28, 2012
David wrote:
I truly Believe the Judges are being bought by the drug dealers and others (Lawyers) in Van Wert...The same drug dealers are busted everytime and they get nothing..
Plese PROVE TO ME The JUDGES AREN`T BEING BOUHT !!
a judge does not decide the amount of time for charges; the state dictates what the minimum and maximum sentnecing is for all charges, the state of ohio has pretty lax drug laws and they just decriminalized some of it making it worse. There you have it:

the cops make their arrests-did their jobs

the judges sentence according to the mandates made by the Ohio legislature - did their jobs

The elected officials make crap no count drug laws, so they really aren't doing a very good job
Eyeroll

Rockford, OH

#7 Sep 28, 2012
It was Ohio House Bill 86, a major sentencing overhaul bill, that went into effect last year. It was designed to keep as many criminals as possible out of prison due to severe overcrowding and to save the state an estimated $78 million per year on prison operation costs.

Ohio judges have to dole out sentences based on these guidelines.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lost dog 1 hr warren 10
How much money does the municipal court get for... 12 hr Harybird 49
Wind 14 hr Steve Rusk 64
Profit talks wind development in run for Count... 15 hr Steve Rusk 8
Parks department, take care of your fields Mon Holier 24
The House of Trump Sat D J T Jr 240
News Man arrested after visiting inmate Apr 21 where 36

Van Wert Jobs

Personal Finance

Van Wert Mortgages