New meat market
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Went back aain

Fayette, OH

#123 Jun 16, 2013
I have been in the meat market twice and have only seen 2 guys in there. whoever the guy is that does the meat cutting is a total asshole, I asked him a simple question and he was snotty as hell, Based on his attitude I will continue going to manleys. I am sure with that attitude they will not last long here.
idiots

Sunbury, OH

#124 Jun 17, 2013
If you asked them to cook the meat, they don't do that. That is not being snotty when they say no.

He gave answer according to the way the person asked the question. You are not a good client so please do go some place else.

Why would a a-hole like yourself try to destroy someone else's business that they worked hard to build up? If you are not satisfied don't be a jerk like you are, just don't go back.

They don't need customers like you anyway.
say what

Lima, OH

#125 Jun 17, 2013
frozen meat? i thought it was all fresh cut?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#126 Jun 17, 2013
say what wrote:
frozen meat? i thought it was all fresh cut?
I'd seriously doubt it! I'm curious where they get it from and how the butcher it. They don't even have soup bones. You'd think if they could cut custom steaks they'd be butchering apparently not the same thing.
idiots

Sunbury, OH

#127 Jun 17, 2013
NotSoSimpleRetardz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd seriously doubt it! I'm curious where they get it from and how the butcher it. They don't even have soup bones. You'd think if they could cut custom steaks they'd be butchering apparently not the same thing.
You are not the choicest of cuts.
heard that too

Leesville, OH

#128 Jun 17, 2013
NotSoSimpleRetardz wrote:
<quoted text>
theybasically get meat in and he cuts it up. no where close to manleys or ebels where they butcher which hence makes it fresh meat. at halls they are a middle man. someone else butchers and they buy it. probably no different than what the grocery stores do. this is why there prices are higher than other meat markets and grocery stores. they are the middle man. and yes i also heard they have bar s hotdogs lol
IGNORANT

Toledo, OH

#129 Jun 18, 2013
I disagree with so many of you. I just went there to buy steaks for Father's Day and found it to be a great experience. Neat, clean and orderly. There were 6 people working that day and even though there was a line out to the door they were quickly helping people and very polite. The steaks I bought were delicious. I have been a Manleys customer for years only because there were no other options closeby. I can now say I have a new butcher shop in Hall's Custom Cut Meats!

Why don't you people try the meat before you are quick to bash....help out a local business rather than giving the big chain grocery stores the business.
heard that too

Fayette, OH

#130 Jun 18, 2013
IGNORANT wrote:
I disagree with so many of you. I just went there to buy steaks for Father's Day and found it to be a great experience. Neat, clean and orderly. There were 6 people working that day and even though there was a line out to the door they were quickly helping people and very polite. The steaks I bought were delicious. I have been a Manleys customer for years only because there were no other options closeby. I can now say I have a new butcher shop in Hall's Custom Cut Meats!
Why don't you people try the meat before you are quick to bash....help out a local business rather than giving the big chain grocery stores the business.
which family member are you? lol

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#131 Jun 18, 2013
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>Get off your lazy a$$ and go check the place out for yourself. As far as I know, they don't deliver.
It's a walk of 1138 feet (0.22 miles) from our home, not worth the time or trouble of getting in the car.
My opinion

Lima, OH

#132 Jun 18, 2013
Or wasting your gas for that matter.
IGNORANT

Toledo, OH

#133 Jun 18, 2013
heard that too wrote:
<quoted text> which family member are you? lol
Aren't you funny. Not related AT ALL. Just a Van Wert citizen who appreciates a new business unlike you idiots on here who just get on Topix and bash places without even giving them a try.
heard that too

Fayette, OH

#134 Jun 18, 2013
IGNORANT wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you funny. Not related AT ALL. Just a Van Wert citizen who appreciates a new business unlike you idiots on here who just get on Topix and bash places without even giving them a try.
first of all i am not an idiot. i have tried it and said they were ok just no better than any place else? why shop there if i can get the same quality and better prices elsewhere in van wert?
Little Jerry Seinfeld

Mount Gilead, OH

#135 Jun 18, 2013
do they sell chicken..........

Location hidden

#137 Jun 18, 2013
idiots wrote:
<quoted text>You are not the choicest of cuts.
Nice!!!the meat market sucks. Low quality and no idea how to do business.
Bbq

West Salem, OH

#138 Jun 22, 2013
Bought some ground beef and sausage from them. Prices not bad for freshness. Cooked it up and was very impressed with taste and lack of grease. My only complaint would be when i was there not one employee was wearing gloves or washed their hands between customers.

Location hidden

#139 Jun 22, 2013
That's the major problem. I'd rather buy meat from a place with sanitation standards. Plastic bins to hold meat? Plastic is porous, pours hold bacteria, salmonella etc. service sucks, not waging hands or wearing gloves = EPIC FAIL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stacey Sturwold 6 hr Trout 1
Oh my Gosh! 7 hr Dr Phil 3
News Starr Commonwealth to shut doors July 1 (Apr '10) 9 hr Starr 34
Where are all of the libs 10 hr Genril Lee 7
I warned you 11 hr TheRealVW 10
goodjob 11 hr TheRealVW 33
News Galloway charged with multiple felonies after a... 22 hr TrashisTrash 56
Marsh Supermarket Mon Pope Rush says 11

Van Wert Jobs

More from around the web