New meat market
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
VW Viewer

Goshen, VA

#1 May 22, 2013
I was out to check out the new meat market on West Main street today, and wish to report what I saw:

Clean, bright, neat and orderly.
Prices a bit high, probably comparable to Wal Mart.
The owner seems to be a decent guy, knowledgeable and hard working.

Conclusion: I'm going to give them at least some of my business, at least for a while. I would ask all of you to check them out, and maybe help this guy get a decent start. If you think he deserves it, do some of your shopping there. We need a nice place like this.
what

Mount Gilead, OH

#2 May 22, 2013
Two thumbs up! To bad Main St. is torn up but still easy access from Lincoln and Burt St.
heard that too

Wadsworth, OH

#3 May 22, 2013
very clean place. prices definitely higher. hope he can bring his prices down to compete with other meat markets such as manleys and the grocery stores. i would definitely suggest weekly specials like manleys and the grocery stores do. was surprised to see on the door they are closed memorial day one of the busiest cook out days of the year.
Ahh that sucks

Lima, OH

#4 May 22, 2013
What, high prices? That's a BIG disappointment already :(
VW Viewer

Ada, OH

#5 May 22, 2013
I will gladly pay higher prices for substantially higher quality, better service, guarantees, etc. As long as his prices aren't ridiculous, I'll give him at least some business.

As for specials and discounts, let's give him a chance. He's only been open three days.
silly

Delphos, OH

#6 May 22, 2013
who's the owner?
Well

Warsaw, IN

#7 May 22, 2013
That doesn't matter as long as the guy running it does it right.. And he will, don't worry
Shopper

Akron, OH

#8 May 22, 2013
Was just there and it is very clean and organized. I think he will get all my business. I was able to talk to him and ask questions. He is a very nice man and deserves a good start. I hope it works out for him!
funny

Lima, OH

#9 May 22, 2013
silly wrote:
who's the owner?
lynn whitager(sp?),owns orchard tree and frickers n home audio,i refuse to go to any place this clown owns,will continue to go over to manleys..sounds like him or some of his employees are the ones putting the coments above
m1ab

Lima, OH

#10 May 22, 2013
What did MR Whitacre ever do to you?Or are you just jealous that he is a good business man that knows how to make money.
what

Mount Gilead, OH

#11 May 22, 2013
Just finished a couple of NY Strips on the grill from there and they were delicious! Well worth the price and who wants to pay 4 bucks a gallon and drive 25 miles just to get to Manleys.

“you like it, you like it a lot”

Since: May 12

screw you

#12 May 22, 2013
i'm just jealous of that sexy mullet...

Since: Jun 11

Elizabethtown, IN

#13 May 22, 2013
funny wrote:
<quoted text>lynn whitager(sp?),owns orchard tree and frickers n home audio,i refuse to go to any place this clown owns,will continue to go over to manleys..sounds like him or some of his employees are the ones putting the coments above
Lynn owns the building, and rents it out. Get it right!
Hungry

Mansfield, OH

#14 May 22, 2013
The store is very nice they have a very good product but the hours are terrible plus closed on Sunday also prices seem a bit high.
Do tell

Canton, OH

#15 May 22, 2013
Pat Hall runs it. He's hot.

So what are some of the prices? How much were those NY strips? Anyone see the price of hamburger?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#16 May 23, 2013
I'd gladly pay more if he sells grass-fed/organic meat instead of meat from the commercialized meat
industry.
silly

Delphos, OH

#17 May 23, 2013
the awesome hey wrote:
i'm just jealous of that sexy mullet...
...I heard that he & Vanilla Ice had a dance/hair challenge out at Frickers. Who knows?
PlaceNameHere

Johnstown, OH

#18 May 23, 2013
wildon883r wrote:
I'd gladly pay more if he sells grass-fed/organic meat instead of meat from the commercialized meat
industry.
I haven't been there yet, but butcher shops usually sell a higher grade. Most people probably know the grading system for meat; prime, choice, & select. The better stuff is worth more.
http://howtocooksteaks.net/how-to-select-the-...
LeroyTheBigLippe d

Lima, OH

#19 May 23, 2013
Ooooooooooooo I just want to go play with his meat. Do he be takin da foodstamps?
Angel

Mount Gilead, OH

#20 May 23, 2013
Do tell wrote:
Pat Hall runs it. He's hot.
So what are some of the prices? How much were those NY strips? Anyone see the price of hamburger?
Get off your lazy a$$ and go check the place out for yourself. As far as I know, they don't deliver.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New cashier at Marsh 2 min Hmmm 1
Frickers closing? 28 min Ted 33
News Teleflex employees to vote on contract Wednesda... (Apr '08) 4 hr McDonald von Drumpf 16
*Fiscally Conservative Responsible Voters Vote ... 4 hr cyclists 116
Joe and council 4 hr McDonald Von Drumpf 4
City officals wages 10 hr no kidding 27
middle Point shooting 17 hr Stupid 18

Van Wert Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Van Wert Mortgages