vw girls basketball
joeseppi

Lima, OH

#43 Dec 25, 2012
loppy wrote:
Rumor on the schoolyard is little Miss Handy is getting herself into some trouble these days. Principal and police involved.
nope wrong again.
maijaiwai

Lima, OH

#44 Dec 25, 2012
First , 6 years ago she was 10 and a 10 year old playing J.V. is pretty good. second ,
I agree There is a atitude problem , with her I find your comments pretty spot on . what you failed to comment on is the rest of VWGBB since day one they have treated this girl like crap that is a fact EVEN a HS Cheerleader threatend her.
"Simple mistakes that any good coach would be able to fix"
Well ,,,that says volumes now doesn't it?
Teenage girls have moods ? who knew?
Listen I don't have a dog in this hunt , BUT , the whole team sucks coaches , players some of the parents so picking on one is the pot calling the kettel black . lets not sit here and say oh well theres one good player ,,,,no THEY ALL SUCK .
and if you want to compair skills? look who they have in her place . 4ft10 ptgrd ,,,,,huh? she dribbles great and passes excellent (to the other team) really? this is the best they got ?
embarassed I go here.
maijaiwai

Lima, OH

#45 Dec 25, 2012
ZPAC wrote:
There is one basketball player on the whole varsity team. There is about 3 other good athletes to go with her and the rest is a mess. Handy is part of that mess. Maybe she should spend her weekend nights learning how to dribble with her left hand instead of breaking training rules, then at least her mother would have something intelligent to say when she opens up her piehole.
nope not one they all suck look at the record. enough said.
Enough

Bowling Green, OH

#46 Dec 25, 2012
Handy is as good as any girl on that team. Better than most. Surely better than The White girl and the Moonshower kid. Problem is.... She isn't local enough for the other parents to accept. That's the problem.
Lancer

Lima, OH

#47 Dec 26, 2012
Rowdy wrote:
Cheyenne Handy has some very serious basketball flaws. I won't speak to her as a person because I don't know her. In terms of pure basketball skills, she still consistently makes like same mistakes over and over again. 1. Dribbling with her head down. 2. Not being able to use her left. 3. Picking the ball up in the worst areas of the court(crossing half court and picking the ball up in the "forbidden corners"). Simple mistakes that any good coach would be able to fix. What is most concerning about her as her attitude problem. For the second year in a row she gets visibly angry; when she walks off the court she refuses to acknowledge teammates out reached hands and she flops down on a chair like the world is coming to an end. She is an average basketball player who 6 years ago would have been a JV player on Van Wert's team. However, she is an average basketball player playing on an a team full of average to below average players coached by a mediocre coach.
first off that's everybody's problem now a days just not her.. Wanna call someone out on their flaws go ahead n do so but there girls n HS who cares... They come and go.. So why call out just one?!? Jealous of something! Least she's on the floor trying and playing... Probably more than youu could say!

“..EXPECT US..”

Since: Dec 12

LULZ, OHIO

#48 Dec 26, 2012
Girls basketball? Is that still even a 'thing'?
Rowdy

Lima, OH

#49 Dec 27, 2012
I believe it would look a little odd for an adult to be out playing HS basketball. If I recall correctly, I called the entire team average to below-average. My comments were not an attack on Cheyenne Handy; they were statements of fact which could be confirmed by the number of turnovers personally attributed to her. If you are telling me she is talented enough to play on any of the Van Wert girls teams Roland Alvarez coached with Eliza Dickinson, Destri Bockey, Abbi and then Alli Clifton and the one year with the oldest Morrow, I would disagree. However, there is not on this team and hasn't been in recent years, any other player who is anymore than mediocre.
I was not on here speaking about her personally or in regards to any off court activities of hers. I simply read some comments about her basketball skills I believed to be exaggerated and decided to comment. I thought my comments were not only accurate, but fair. If you disagree, that is your prerogative- but don't make it seem as if I was one of these people making unfounded or intentionally hurtful comments.
Anarchy 99

Lima, OH

#50 Dec 27, 2012
These "coaches" need to do better just as much as the players. Ego's get in the way. Most don't know fundamentals. For example, MAKING A BASKET! Way back in the day, I was inspired by Micheal Jordan just like most. I put effort on making baskets day after day. Then I built my skills around the fundamental skill of making the basket. Movement around the players, passing the ball. The goal is to make a basket but you must keep the other team guessing. Defense is simple, TAKE THE BALL! Too easy, right?
VW alum

Lima, OH

#51 Dec 27, 2012
Anarchy 99 wrote:
These "coaches" need to do better just as much as the players. Ego's get in the way. Most don't know fundamentals. For example, MAKING A BASKET! Way back in the day, I was inspired by Micheal Jordan just like most. I put effort on making baskets day after day. Then I built my skills around the fundamental skill of making the basket. Movement around the players, passing the ball. The goal is to make a basket but you must keep the other team guessing. Defense is simple, TAKE THE BALL! Too easy, right?
You should apply for a coaching job!
Proud Parent

Mansfield, OH

#52 Dec 27, 2012
I have a daughter who is a part of the VWGBB program. I am appalled at what I am seeing here! These are teenage girls who are dedicated to this sport. These girls are all very close and look out for each other. They all work very hard and are dedicated to the basketball program. Yes, they are not having winning seasons, but they are trying the best they can. Please people, back off and leave these girls alone! They are only teenagers. I am embarrassed for you people, the ones slandering innocent teenage children who are not sitting around playing video games being lazy, they are dedicated to a sport and trying their best. I am embarrassed that people from other communities can get on topix and see how our town supports our kids.
My daughter has NEVER complained about any of these coaches who have dedicated tons of time to the program. They work with ALL of the girls and as far as I see it they show NO favoritism.
Someone posted in an earlier comment about Mark Whites daughter. She was going to be on the JV team as a junior so she quit. I give her kuddos for doing it to! She knew that her heart would not be in the game so she opted out but still keeps stats for the coaches. You people need to get your noses out of your monitors and find something better to do than bash on people who are trying to do good, and the teenagers in our community. Seriously, people get a life!

“..EXPECT US..”

Since: Dec 12

LULZ, OHIO

#53 Dec 27, 2012
Proud Parent wrote:
I have a daughter who is a part of the VWGBB program. I am appalled at what I am seeing here! These are teenage girls who are dedicated to this sport. These girls are all very close and look out for each other. They all work very hard and are dedicated to the basketball program. Yes, they are not having winning seasons, but they are trying the best they can. Please people, back off and leave these girls alone! They are only teenagers. I am embarrassed for you people, the ones slandering innocent teenage children who are not sitting around playing video games being lazy, they are dedicated to a sport and trying their best. I am embarrassed that people from other communities can get on topix and see how our town supports our kids.
My daughter has NEVER complained about any of these coaches who have dedicated tons of time to the program. They work with ALL of the girls and as far as I see it they show NO favoritism.
Someone posted in an earlier comment about Mark Whites daughter. She was going to be on the JV team as a junior so she quit. I give her kuddos for doing it to! She knew that her heart would not be in the game so she opted out but still keeps stats for the coaches. You people need to get your noses out of your monitors and find something better to do than bash on people who are trying to do good, and the teenagers in our community. Seriously, people get a life!
TL;DR
Agreed

Marengo, OH

#54 Dec 27, 2012
Keep your daughter involved and focused on her team. She is learning real life things from very good, quality people. It is unfortunate that VW Topics needs to be scanned on a daily basis to make sure a kid or coach isn't getting knocked around. Our town and our school system will never be perfect. Team records will go up and down over time. I have seen many teams with little or no talent be successful if the parents and coaches give them confidence.
Proud Parent wrote:
bejezz

Lima, OH

#55 Dec 28, 2012
Agreed wrote:
Keep your daughter involved and focused on her team. She is learning real life things from very good, quality people. It is unfortunate that VW Topics needs to be scanned on a daily basis to make sure a kid or coach isn't getting knocked around. Our town and our school system will never be perfect. Team records will go up and down over time. I have seen many teams with little or no talent be successful if the parents and coaches give them confidence.
.<quoted text>
I think its thinking like this although it seems a good vision isnt realistic.
If were talking about the Handy girl , I as a spectator have seen no lack of focus on her part during a game and I might add she seemed a very intence player and is fun to watch.
That "team" is a joke , I see flashes of brilliance with a girl here or there it fades quickly .
How some of these other girls can get on here and comment (and we know they have) and bash this teammate is sad and the reason the record is what it is . The coaches don't have a clue but I still think this team would be better than it is , except for ego.
I've asked a couple of people about the girl in question and from what I can gather she has always been a rock solid player from a state with a pop of 25 million compaired to 11.5 million of ohio exactly how do you figure ohio is so much a better basketball state ? actually the top 25 gbb Texas is in twice , Ohio isnt.
Exactly how many great players get ruined by coaches , other players? I'm not saying we should change her name to Jordan just yet , but what I am saying is . Is this a suprise that this team sucks with all of the jealousy and infighting ? Exactly WHY WOULD YOU UPSET A PLAYER WHO IS ABOUT TO COMPETE FOR YOU ? AND THEN WONDER WHY SHE DIDN'T PERFORM ? stupid.
While you sit in the stands and critize and claim your daughter is the "star" ? Being on a team that loses and your the star of that team ,,,isn't that like being the best looking girl at a ugly girl contest?
I mean yeah , you score and you lose.
Those girls should build each other up , but as is the Van Wert way "If good things don't happen for me then I won't let good thing's happen for anyone else" ,,,again stupid.

It should be put on the sign,,,"Welcome to Van Wert ,,,small town people who think really really small ,,,enjoy your stay,,,don't come back"
van wert suck

Columbus, OH

#56 Jan 3, 2013
Enough said
TRUTH

Mansfield, OH

#57 Jan 3, 2013
bejezz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its thinking like this although it seems a good vision isnt realistic.
If were talking about the Handy girl , I as a spectator have seen no lack of focus on her part during a game and I might add she seemed a very intence player and is fun to watch.
That "team" is a joke , I see flashes of brilliance with a girl here or there it fades quickly .
How some of these other girls can get on here and comment (and we know they have) and bash this teammate is sad and the reason the record is what it is . The coaches don't have a clue but I still think this team would be better than it is , except for ego.
I've asked a couple of people about the girl in question and from what I can gather she has always been a rock solid player from a state with a pop of 25 million compaired to 11.5 million of ohio exactly how do you figure ohio is so much a better basketball state ? actually the top 25 gbb Texas is in twice , Ohio isnt.
Exactly how many great players get ruined by coaches , other players? I'm not saying we should change her name to Jordan just yet , but what I am saying is . Is this a suprise that this team sucks with all of the jealousy and infighting ? Exactly WHY WOULD YOU UPSET A PLAYER WHO IS ABOUT TO COMPETE FOR YOU ? AND THEN WONDER WHY SHE DIDN'T PERFORM ? stupid.
While you sit in the stands and critize and claim your daughter is the "star" ? Being on a team that loses and your the star of that team ,,,isn't that like being the best looking girl at a ugly girl contest?
I mean yeah , you score and you lose.
Those girls should build each other up , but as is the Van Wert way "If good things don't happen for me then I won't let good thing's happen for anyone else" ,,,again stupid.
It should be put on the sign,,,"Welcome to Van Wert ,,,small town people who think really really small ,,,enjoy your stay,,,don't come back"
Sad but true. If your child likes to play sports at Van Wert, I would recommend that you steer them away from team sports. It's to easy for a coach to hide players on the bench and play a kid with less talent. Van Wert has become a school that is happy just fielding non competitive teams with nobody rocking the boat and accepting what the coach dolls out.
VW alum

Lima, OH

#58 Jan 3, 2013
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text> Sad but true. If your child likes to play sports at Van Wert, I would recommend that you steer them away from team sports. It's to easy for a coach to hide players on the bench and play a kid with less talent. Van Wert has become a school that is happy just fielding non competitive teams with nobody rocking the boat and accepting what the coach dolls out.
Maybe it is time that parents get involved and help coach instead of just complaining about it. I guess it is easier to make excuses then it is to admit that your child is not that good.
TRUTH

Mansfield, OH

#59 Jan 3, 2013
Some people just have to learn the hard way. Good luck.

Since: Aug 12

Acworth, GA

#60 Jan 3, 2013
bejezz wrote:
<quoted text>
I always thought it should say..... "Come back when you can't stay so long!"

But then again, I always had a higher level sense of humor than anyone else in the ole crotchety Vdub!
wow

Paulding, OH

#61 Jan 5, 2013
where does VW get their coaches at, all they do is sit there yell, look stupid and have no sportsmanship......
Coach Noitall

Columbus, OH

#62 Jan 6, 2013
Van Wert stinks because of the coaches and teachers. Time to change leadership across the board. Get M Morrow and his manipulating away from the school also

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah Allen who's your baby daddy????? 11 min Just Saying 38
republican headquarters 44 min P0PE Rush Says 14
i hate truck drivers (Jan '14) 57 min Scott 117
whats up today mr pope 1 hr P0PE Rush Says 310
Who is Joe Jared (Feb '15) 1 hr confederateflagsux 18
Starr Sold To Adrial Schools 1 hr Phil 18
tasha comment 5 hr Buttcrack 30
Christopher Farris 6 hr Hive 13
cops n ems at old south 12 hr Stub 8

Van Wert Jobs