for real

Galena, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Apple Festival is coming October 19 and 20. Lots of good things will be there.
haha

West Salem, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

I will be going to the apple fest ,but really wish it was more like it used to be. Just like everything else in vanwert it has gone down hill.
Betsy

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

haha wrote:
I will be going to the apple fest ,but really wish it was more like it used to be. Just like everything else in vanwert it has gone down hill.
How was it different? We go as long as we can get there on Friday. My experience has been that if you don't then half of the good items are gone and most of the apples are even sold out. I realize they can't control that, the harvest is what it is, but maybe they need to ask more orchards to come. More regular vendors too.
rotten apples

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

i aint going. to dam exspensive.
haha

West Salem, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>How was it different? We go as long as we can get there on Friday. My experience has been that if you don't then half of the good items are gone and most of the apples are even sold out. I realize they can't control that, the harvest is what it is, but maybe they need to ask more orchards to come. More regular vendors too.
I am not trying to degrade the apple fest at all. I always go every year . I love the environment I just feel the vendors count is way down from previous years you know? Maybe it's just me lol
free

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

rotten apples wrote:
i aint going. to dam exspensive.
it's free admission, how can that be too expensive? we just walk around and look, maybe buy some maple syrup, a lot of vendors are nonprofits, like red cross and the YW so the food is a good price and proceeds go to a good cause, some people are just an oscar the grouch, try being more like Big Bird, you'll be happier!
Betsy

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

haha wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not trying to degrade the apple fest at all. I always go every year . I love the environment I just feel the vendors count is way down from previous years you know? Maybe it's just me lol
No I think you're right on that. I heard they started raising prices for booths, someone told me it doubled. Not sure if that's correct or not but I can see some vendors not wanting to pay double. Especially when there are so many other festivals to choose from this time of the year that are much larger.
It would be nice if it eventually expanded all throughout the grounds. Look at Johnny Appleseed and festivals like that. They are huge. Lots of money to be made, people like walking around in the cooler temps and have started buying for Christmas already.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Van Wert Forum right now

Search the Van Wert Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 33 min d pantz 29,387
Shot and stabbed 3 hr VWO 100
Tyler Bochard (Apr '12) 4 hr noneya 2
Dog warden 6 hr Pissed 1
Vaporizer pens 7 hr woof 7
Van Wert Dog Warden: Situation "Blown Out Of Pr... 7 hr WTH 24
Strunkenburg placed on leave pending investigation 9 hr Marie B 88
Van Wert Humane Society..The dog warden (Aug '11) 12 hr BLACKLIST 58
Animal lovers Mon ask him yourself 120
•••
•••
•••
•••