old van wert hospital
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
britt

Lima, OH

#1 Sep 27, 2011
Walked by there the other day & kept having to look behind me, the feeling of being watched was intense, anyone else experience anything from there?
homes

Fredericktown, OH

#2 Sep 27, 2011
probably rats its a shit hole tear it down before it gets burnt down.
hmm

Lima, OH

#3 Sep 27, 2011
place is really haunted. watch for the little girl on the 3rd floor!
Get Real

Lima, OH

#5 Sep 27, 2011
Lots of people were born there, and many have probably also died there!

Oooooou! Happy Halloween!

Since: Aug 11

Fayette, OH

#6 Sep 28, 2011
I thought this was going to be about the hospital our brilliant commmissioners gave away, I mean sold for $1.

Where is this?
nomnom

Lima, OH

#8 Sep 28, 2011
Chick on the 3rd floor?
boo

Xenia, OH

#9 Sep 28, 2011
yeap its haunted...we have had experiences there plenty of times! we have even seen pictures with a face in one of the upstairs windows..lights on when no one inside and no active electric...
but yes its true it was once a nurses home, then a hospital and the job and family services building.
STILL VERY VERY CREEPY...I would love to do a haunted house in it!
Get Real

Lima, OH

#10 Sep 28, 2011
A lot of people here in town were born there! They didn't move the hospital to the present location until 1959 or so! I know that sounds like ancient history to many of you, but quite a few VW residents can remember those days!

And...I thought they did do a "haunted house" there for a few years...no?

Lima, OH

#11 Sep 28, 2011
Get Real wrote:
A lot of people here in town were born there! They didn't move the hospital to the present location until 1959 or so! I know that sounds like ancient history to many of you, but quite a few VW residents can remember those days!

And...I thought they did do a "haunted house" there for a few years...no?
Ya they did .... But they stopped it and now the buildings just sitting there ..... Like many others in this town.
Get Real

Lima, OH

#12 Sep 28, 2011
[QUOTE who=". "]<quoted text>
Ya they did .... But they stopped it and now the buildings just sitting there ..... Like many others in this town.[/QUOTE]
Like your "name"! Really! It's cure! Good choice!

Since: Sep 11

Sherwood, OH

#13 Sep 28, 2011
The building is functionally obsolete. It was built in 1884 as a school, converted to hospital in 1899 or 1900, which moved out in 1960. It was then Van Rue nursing home until about 1984, then DHS for a while, and empty since them.

What's sad is that the building itself is quite sound, but it is chock full of lead paint, asbestos (unless that was removed in the 90's), and the solid brick walls make it difficult to renovate. Any commercial improvement would require full renovation, which would cost many hundreds of thousands, and the building would even then be of doubtful usage.

I was told that at the last auction, it sold for $1. I see it as having negative value. A large fire would increase its value, but still less than zero.
BeenThereDoneTha t

Celina, OH

#14 Sep 28, 2011
my vote wrote:
The "Haunted Hospital" is on Central Street behind Tyler's Short Stop. Big white 3 or 4 story building with bars on the windows (the ones that aren't boarded up)
Isnt it also partially red brick on the outside? I dont believe it is all white, least last time I looked. Just checking.
hmmm

Elyria, OH

#15 Sep 28, 2011
Didn't Eugene white buy this building and is using it for storage?
monica

United States

#16 Sep 28, 2011
My mother was born there. Place is haunted and creepy on the inside have lots of pics of it. Place was broken into and destroyed. Now the floors are caving in the walls are falling down. Don't get me wrong it's a historical building but I think the best thing to do is tear it down.
jayjay28

Westerville, OH

#17 Sep 28, 2011
Sounds scary! I've never been by this place I don't believe and never went to it when they did the Haunted Hopital in it years back. I would love to go in it and see if it really is haunted. I love scary things like this! Booo...Happy Halloween!
white chick

Fredericktown, OH

#18 Sep 28, 2011
most of you people are retarded.
checkitout

Delphos, OH

#19 Sep 29, 2011
Scroll to the bottom where Van Wert is ,there is story about this place in this website.If u cant click on the link, just copy and past into your browser. http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/ohio.htm
rebel

Lima, OH

#20 Sep 29, 2011
rumor has it on the second floor on a moonless night you can see the image of casper banging lizzie borden.she starts him off with 40 whacks and you know casper he's a friendly ghost.
my 2 cents

Lima, OH

#21 Sep 29, 2011
joseph 5982 wrote:
I thought this was going to be about the hospital our brilliant commmissioners gave away, I mean sold for $1.
Where is this?
Eugene white bought itand is using it for storage.
Boo

Spencerville, OH

#22 Sep 29, 2011
It's nearly as scary as the present hospital, but not quite...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jarod Delgado DJ service 43 min Not impressed 12
what happened to the tina terry warren thread, ... 43 min manager 9
Resivoir 1 hr manager 4
News Starr Commonwealth to shut doors July 1 (Apr '10) 2 hr Steven nixon 26
did u ever notice people that smoke pot drink b... 3 hr manager 3
Washington St and Ervin Rd 5 hr Buckeye 1
Modern Christian views on sin 6 hr bluesy-girl 58
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Van Wert Mortgages