Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

All I hear is a bunch of folks fussy about taxes and paying to improve your community. Head to some local communities around Columbus and see what is happening. Schools are being built, business are opening, pools are being built..etc.etc. Do what you've always done and you'll get what you've always gotten. VW will continue to decline if the old order continues to dominate the community!

#developeforthefuture

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Kirby R Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that nobody has remembered that prior to the last vote for a pool, the Van Wert Parks District was approached by a private company that wanted to build a water park in VW. But they where turned away because it wasn't what the Parks Board wanted. Why would any community turn away private investment in order to put more taxes on the books?
I wasn't aware of this. For starters, the corporation representing itself as government since 1963 has a primary agenda of continued existence. In 6 years time, we're going to be in more pain financially, not less. Having a 25 year levy that is mostly free of liability within 6 years would be ideal as a method to insure continued existence, adding nearly a half-million annually to the corporate budget.
idiot

Galena, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Educated and moved away wrote:
All I hear is a bunch of folks fussy about taxes and paying to improve your community. Head to some local communities around Columbus and see what is happening. Schools are being built, business are opening, pools are being built..etc.etc. Do what you've always done and you'll get what you've always gotten. VW will continue to decline if the old order continues to dominate the community!
#developeforthefuture
You don't sound very educated to me. Why don't you come on back and help pay for some of the things you are criticizing Van Wert for not building. It is stupid people like you who get, allegedly, educated here and move away so they don't have to help pay for anything here that cause trouble here. If you don't pay taxes here, keep your nose out of here and your stupid opinions to yourself.

This isn't Columbus and apparently you haven't learned yet that you will go bankrupt trying to keep up with the Jones.
idiot

Galena, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Seriously wrote:
Do you want to know what's wrong with VW? There is nothing for the kids to do. They get bored, and that is where trouble starts to happen. And when the city wants to make VW a more attractive place to raise a family, people get up in arms about it.
Yeah, they built a new school that a lot of people won't get the chance to use. But VW needed it. The old high school was in serious disrepair, in certain places, it was literally falling apart, so of course building a new school was a good idea. And there are plenty of free concerts that occur in the PAC, granted they are mostly involved with the schools, so there you go, everybody in the city can use the school.
And the old pool? Couldn't have been repaired. It was built on unstable ground, basically sand. So is it the current boards fault? No, their not the one's that chose that location, which started out as a swimming whole anyway.
Sure the various boards might not be making the best choices, but at least they're trying? And if you don't like the decisions that they're making? Go to an open meeting, or here's one, run yourself. Everybody is so quick to judge the people making the big decisions, but no one wants to be the ones making the decisions.
That's dumb! If you don't want your kids to get bored, do something with them as a family; give them some chores to do; get them off their a** and give them some assignment and teach them a work ethic by letting them do projects for those who cannot do for themselves like cleaning up a shutins yard..

It sounds like you are just looking for someone to babysit with your child. Get them into 4H or the Boy or Girl Scouts, etc.

There is a lot more to do day for kids than there has ever been.

There is a lot to do here, but you need to lay the Ipod, text message device, computer and TV aside and go and do something.

It sounds like there might be a parenting problem.
hmmmm

Mount Gilead, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Anyone go to the special meeting tonight?

Since: Aug 12

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Educated and moved away wrote:
#developeforthefuture
Moron...... How many of those pools around Columbus are public and paid for with tax payer revenue?
I live in a sub division that has their own pool (that looks quite fantastic nestled in amongst the Georgia pines) and its accompanied by an 800 person capacity clubhouse and its paid for with association dues. Matter of fact, my sub division has their own swim team and competes with other sub divisions who have their own swimming pools and swim teams.
We don't have welfare folks hanging around our pools and we don't like paying tax so they can do just that either! As a property owner in Vdub county I don't think I prefer to pay for Vdub scum to have a pool to hang out at and make drug deals there either.
If you want to improve Vdub as a community get an employer to move there! What a novel idea!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

hmmmm wrote:
Anyone go to the special meeting tonight?
none other spectator and that was Councilman Pete Wier's wife. All they did was repeal the previous ordinance and then passed the new one on an emergency basis. Councilman Jeff Agler was not present.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Above should have read "I did, One other specator and that was Councilman Pete Weir's wife...
Roll Tide

Rockford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to improve Vdub as a community get an employer to move there! What a novel idea!
We already improved Van Wert...when you left this area and the state of Ohio.

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
That's instant gratification, usually favoring corporations over people. We can improve VW also by working together as a people to create new industry from scratch, favoring people over corporations and creating careers instead of minimum wage jobs.

“A bag that is unattended ”

Since: Feb 10

VWHS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's dumb! If you don't want your kids to get bored, do something with them as a family; give them some chores to do; get them off their a** and give them some assignment and teach them a work ethic by letting them do projects for those who cannot do for themselves like cleaning up a shutins yard..
It sounds like you are just looking for someone to babysit with your child. Get them into 4H or the Boy or Girl Scouts, etc.
There is a lot to do here, but you need to lay the Ipod, text message device, computer and TV aside and go and do something.
I never get what's wrong with kids or people playing video games or on smartphones or computers. It's 2013 and these are the things kids like to play with nowadays. Back before all this nobody tried to say to put the dolls or toy soldiers up and go play they just considered that playing so what's the difference. Times change u old f ucks get over it.

“not easy being this awesome”

Since: May 12

screw-you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

yeah but barbie makes fat girls sad and gi joe will make your kid violent. true fact. and if the girl plays with gi joe or the boy with barbie then they'll be gay. so i say ban all toys and fun and make them lil freeloaders work dammit!
my2cents

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

unattendedbag wrote:
<quoted text>
I never get what's wrong with kids or people playing video games or on smartphones or computers. It's 2013 and these are the things kids like to play with nowadays. Back before all this nobody tried to say to put the dolls or toy soldiers up and go play they just considered that playing so what's the difference. Times change u old f ucks get over it.
Times do change, you are right.
But, it would be better if kids today played outside and rode their bikes, etc as we used to do. I didn't just play with dolls or toy soldiers. I was outside playing, riding my bike, skating up and down on the sidewalk.
Kids should get outside and play.
I guess that's what is wrong with them playing video games or smartphones.
EricaLynn

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Eh I take that back. VW sucks and I wouldn't swim with a lot of the nasties running around here. I will stick with Pine Lake in Indiana.

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Joe Jared wrote:
<quoted text>
That's instant gratification, usually favoring corporations over people. We can improve VW also by working together as a people to create new industry from scratch, favoring people over corporations and creating careers instead of minimum wage jobs.
What was I thinkin Joe.... Vdub would be so much better off with a pool than this.......
http://www.11alive.com/news/article/272650/3/...

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
What was I thinkin Joe.... Vdub would be so much better off with a pool than this.......
http://www.11alive.com/news/article/272650/3/...
As a cooperative effort, we can do much better than that. Work that comes off of my machines easily generates $300.00/hour of product and that's before any work is done by hand, further increasing the value of the product. In terms of shop hours, a person could easily earn $50.00/hour but that value diminishes greatly when they take a job as a machine operator instead of taking initiative on their own.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Seriously

Gießen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say I have kids? No I didn't think so. But just because I believe that children should have opportunities regardless of whether my imaginary children can benefit as well. I may only be in my 20's but I grew up in a single income family, I didn't have a computer until I went to college. Which I paid for myself. I was never bored when I was younger, but not everyone is created equally.

I pay my taxes even though I live in town for maybe a month out of the year. I gladly pay my taxes, even though I rarely have a chance to enjoy what comes from them. And the reason that I rarely live at home? I hope for the chance get out of a society filled with judgmental people like you.

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Detroit was the shining city on the bill in 'the great society.'
That's cause they had lots and lots of shiny toys paid for by tax revenue.
How's that workin out now?
You're only asking for the producer class folks to move away by dumping more taxes on them.
Hate Cheap People

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Cheap people!!!! VW is full of them. The pool is not cheap but that's why everyone kicks in a little and it's done. At that point you have the option to either use it or not. Since a high percentage of people in town are supported by our government, those people's opinion should not even be heard

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of83
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Van Wert Forum right now

Search the Van Wert Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Farmer to resign... 36 min really 20
Cory Evans 2 hr you wish 14
take the cola challenge 3 hr Jenna38 4
Krystle whoever cayword 3 hr Limbo 1
Crystal d Lyle 4 hr Limbo 6
ywca (Mar '13) 4 hr Pit 55
Hey, christian Idiots (Apr '13) 4 hr Dirty Underwear 332
The Dueling Banjo Duet 11 hr Joe Jared 33
Reinhart Busted (Dec '12) Wed rwb 44