Sheriff warns to lock cars

Apr 2, 2014 Full story: The Times Bulletin 53

Information submitted VAN WERT - Van Wert County Sheriff Thomas M. Riggenbach is asking citizens to be aware of suspicious activity that may be occurring near their homes.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 12

Marietta, GA

#1 Apr 4, 2014
I can remember when you didn't have to lock your car in Van Wert.

Earlier this evening, at the gas station on Barrett Parkway I saw a pretty lil black lady get out of her new Mercedes and just left it running as she went into the Quik Trip.

Just irony....
Wouldn't DARE wanna do that in the Vdub nowadays.
m1ab

Mount Vernon, OH

#2 Apr 5, 2014
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Earlier this evening, at the gas station on Barrett Parkway I saw a pretty lil black lady get out of her new Mercedes and just left it running as she went into the Quik Trip.
Just irony....
people have changed a lot-Van Werts drug problem - people on assistance needing more money - the lack of quality jobs with descent pay - and so forth - don't forget to lock up your house too - someone walked into the house across from me this past winter - scarey thought to come home and see you been ripped off
abc

Enfield, IL

#3 Apr 5, 2014
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Just irony....
http://www.usnews.com/news/art icles/2011/02/16/the-11-most-d angerous-cities

Atlanta crime stats, guess you wouldn't want to do in Atlanta either if you're smart
URSoDumb

Van Wert, OH

#4 Apr 6, 2014
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Just irony....
I see people do the same thing here, leave their car run while they go in to buy something. They are taking a chance exactly the same as the "lil black lady" was. Usually they get by with it. In fact most times they do. Sometimes they don't. That's true anywhere.
plus

Enfield, IL

#5 Apr 6, 2014
URSoDumb wrote:
<quoted text>
I see people do the same thing here, leave their car run while they go in to buy something. They are taking a chance exactly the same as the "lil black lady" was. Usually they get by with it. In fact most times they do. Sometimes they don't. That's true anywhere.
who believes what he says. this is who he is: http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_scie...
Rush Says

Van Wert, OH

#6 Apr 6, 2014
URSoDumb wrote:
<quoted text>
Banjo boy's SOO out of touch with reality that he actually believes nothing bad EVER happens in Georgia, even though Atlanta is one of the most crime-ridden sh it-holes in the country.
ROFLMAO

Acworth, GA

#7 Apr 6, 2014
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...

Well LOOKY HERE..... The FBI Crime stats have recently been updated for 2011..... This is always a MUST SEE!

Kennesaw Population 30,175
Van Wert's Population 10,022.
That means Kennesaw has THREE TIMES as many people.

Violent Crimes in Kennesaw 21
Violent Crimes in Van Wert 30
HOW CAN THAT BE????? With THREEE TIMES as many people, Kennesaw has only 2/3 the number of total Violent Crimes as Van Wert!!!!
Didn't some dumbass just say that Atlanta is a crime ridden sh it-hole?

Murders in Kennesaw 0
Murders in Van Wert 1
Good job.... Way to go Van Wert.......
The perp was probably from Georgia I bet.

Forcible Rape in Kennesaw 0
Forcible Rape in Van Wert 6
GOOD JOB VAN WERT......
Got some Blue Balls there do we or more Georgia Perps??? lol

Aggrevated Assault in Kennesaw 15
Aggrevated Assault in Van Wert 19
Remember..... Kennesaw has THREE TIMES the number of people....
Good God....
Van Wert ruffians just get a little agitated from time to time....don't they?

Property crime in Kennesaw per Capita 1 per 53
Property crime in Van Wert per Capita 1 per 22
FINE JOB Van Wert, Gotta like those odds.....

Burglary in Kennesaw per Capita 1 per 250
Burglary in Van Wert per Capita 1 in only 103
Gotta remember in VW, my Right to what you own supercedes your right to breathe and we’ll take it from you thru Burglary and or Taxes….

Larceny Theft in Kennesaw per Capita 1 per 71
Larceny Theft in Van Wert per Capita 1 per 28
Just like MY RIGHT to what you own in Van Wert... It always supercedes your right to breathe…..

Motor Vehicle Theft in Kennesaw per Capita 1 in 1,207
Motor Vehicle Theft in Van Wert per Capita

Holy Cow Van Wert!!!! You guys finally pulled even at something….. your odds are almost exactly the same of getting your car stolen there as they are in Kennesaw.
WAY TO GO!!!!!
To bad you don’t have any cars worth stealing in Van Wert!
Rush Says

Van Wert, OH

#8 Apr 6, 2014
Aww, banjo boy's going into defense mode. I guess he doesn't like to hear about what a crime-riddled sh it-hole his trailer park has turned into lately...
ROFLMAO
Hey btw Honey Boo Boo, which is worse, teenagers taking change out of unlocked vehicles in Paulding, or gun toting teenage thugs shooting random kids in baby strollers in the streets of Deliverancetown?
Hmmm. Thanks, but I think I'll take my chances in rural Ohio...
URSoDumb

Van Wert, OH

#9 Apr 6, 2014
That one murder we had in years started a blood bath rampage! It's just been Hell!

In other words, making fun of you, UDBT!
Rush Says

Van Wert, OH

#10 Apr 6, 2014
URSoDumb wrote:
That one murder we had in years started a blood bath rampage! It's just been Hell!
In other words, making fun of you, UDBT!
He's got a LONG, well documented history of making completely baseless, easily disprovable statements here. UdBT, aka the No-Hitter Bullshitter.
Everything from abortion-on-demand parties on every street corner to his imaginary "free gubment uva rings". His predictions and "facts" ALWAYS fall flat. And he STILL can't figure out why nobody here takes him seriously...
ROFLMAO!!!
URSoDumb

Van Wert, OH

#11 Apr 6, 2014
Rush Says wrote:
<quoted text>He's got a LONG, well documented history of making completely baseless, easily disprovable statements here. UdBT, aka the No-Hitter Bullshitter.
Everything from abortion-on-demand parties on every street corner to his imaginary "free gubment uva rings". His predictions and "facts" ALWAYS fall flat. And he STILL can't figure out why nobody here takes him seriously...
ROFLMAO!!!
LOL

The fact the sheriff would issue such a statement reminding people to lock their cars tells you what a comparatively low crime existence people still enjoy here. Most places today people would lock everything up tight and never leave valuables in their car, ever. No need for any reminders.
UdintBuildThat

Van Wert, OH

#12 Apr 6, 2014
URSoDumb wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
The fact the sheriff would issue such a statement reminding people to lock their cars tells you what a comparatively low crime existence people still enjoy here. Most places today people would lock everything up tight and never leave valuables in their car, ever. No need for any reminders.
Durrr, Ohio bad, Georgia GOOD. We gots Twinkie plant and big car factories. Durrrr....
Crimony, who cares if we're known for our scandalous school system and "celebrities" like Honey Boo Boo and Jeff Foxworthy.
We're the pinnacle of intelligence and civility, Y'ALL. Yeee hawwww!!!
UdintBuildThat

Van Wert, OH

#13 Apr 6, 2014
Georgia, The Heart Attack Of It All. Come fer the deep fried Twinkies and inbreeding, stay fer the abysmal public school system and rampant violence...

United States

#14 Apr 6, 2014
Talk about scandalous school systems.... Paying $60 million for this was quite scandalous.
http://tinypic.com/view.php...
Rush Says

Van Wert, OH

#15 Apr 6, 2014
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Talk about scandalous school systems.... Paying $60 million for this was quite scandalous.
http://tinypic.com/view.php...
Except that's all a work of fiction, and your state's test score bribery scandal is 100% REAL.
Thanks for showing everyone just how desperate, clueless, and out-of-touch you really are, though, banjo boy...
ROFLMAO

United States

#16 Apr 6, 2014
Paying $60 million isnt fiction to the few actual taxpayers left in Van Wert. However me or anyone else in VW county or any even Ben Dover will ever send a kid to a government school in the liberal bastion of Fulton county so you make an OUTSTANDING point.

Matter of fact even my neighbors in Roswell and Alpharetta are leaving Futon county. There will soon be one more county in Georgia..... MILTON county. Theyre sick and tired of carrying those lazy asses water in south Fulton.

Just imagine Middle Point, Cavett and Convoy and Jonestown succeeding from Van Wert county. Maybe theres just a bit too much douchbaggery for their taste going on there.
Rush Says

Van Wert, OH

#17 Apr 6, 2014
Futon county, huh.
Thanks for proving my point about your piss-poor school system, banjo boy...
ROFLMAO
Rush Says

Van Wert, OH

#18 Apr 6, 2014
Futon county?
Thanks for proving my point about your lousy school system, banjo boy...
ROFLMAO
Rush Says

Van Wert, OH

#19 Apr 6, 2014
LOL oops. Sorry for the double post, everyone.
Seriously though, Futon county? ROFLMAO
Looks like the DUMBASS banjo boy may be the smartest kid in the Georgia public school system after all...
get it

Wooster, OH

#20 Apr 6, 2014
Shit now they going after the drug dealers meko should of got it wish the guy would of shot him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
eaton 35 min bfc45880 11
How's the back roads and the visibility 38 min Woof 7
N Tyler St 1 hr idiots 3
Joey Mohr 1 hr Joe M 2
Haley frickers 1 hr Friggin frickers ... 4
tyler mohr 1 hr La shanda makemegogo 4
Michael Moore Blasts Navy SEAL Chris Kyle 2 hr Andy 36
N. Chestnut Thursday nite 4 hr Totally Not Johnny 8
False Accusations 15 hr Joe Jared 17
Katie shaffer statewide Sat Goodjob 6