chicken

Elyria, OH

#1 Jun 23, 2013
Are you allowed to have and raise chickens in city limits?
Chicken lover

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 23, 2013
As long as they are in your house

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#3 Jun 23, 2013
chicken wrote:
Are you allowed to have and raise chickens in city limits?
http://www.amlegal.com/vanwert_oh/

90.15(b)
"
Fowl. No person shall keep chickens or other poultry in the city. Harboring or maintaining of any such animals may be authorized by the Safety Service Director for the city by permit duly issued therefore, provided that such animals are located outside any dwelling or within 25 feet thereof.
"

What the city wont allow is roosters, because they make too much noise. Of course if you ignore the trains, cars, trucks, and motorcycles, you could also ignore all of the hypocrisy of this particular ordinance.
Jew Stuett

Centerburg, OH

#4 Jun 23, 2013
There is a noisy rooster on Brooks Ave. Every time I take my grandchildrens to Jubilee I hear it. Noisy cock.
Funny

Big Prairie, OH

#5 Jun 24, 2013
If you are friends with Rich the dog warden you can have and raise any animal you want in town and have has many as you want. Hell he will even give you them for free.
Anonymous

Wapakoneta, OH

#6 Jun 25, 2013
Ther is nothing wrong with raising chickens and goats in vanwert I raised 2 young goats and a rooster for eggs in my spare bedroom. Let me tell you tht rooster laid some good eggs and I raieds my family on tehm eggs and no one gonna tell me I cant have no chicken or goatsz at my house, they might make a law I cant but I just moved them insiad and now I have all the eggs and gote milk I can drink. .
Amazing

Delphos, OH

#7 Jul 1, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Ther is nothing wrong with raising chickens and goats in vanwert I raised 2 young goats and a rooster for eggs in my spare bedroom. Let me tell you tht rooster laid some good eggs and I raieds my family on tehm eggs and no one gonna tell me I cant have no chicken or goatsz at my house, they might make a law I cant but I just moved them insiad and now I have all the eggs and gote milk I can drink..
Thats pretty amazing that you had a rooster that laid eggs....if that was a fact you could have sold HIM for alot of money...
VW Viewer

Snover, MI

#8 Jul 1, 2013
He thought them chicken turds was eggs.......
VW Viewer

Snover, MI

#9 Jul 1, 2013
And his goat was a billy. Wonder what he was drinking from him?
fista cuffs

Princeton, IL

#10 Jul 1, 2013
yeah...no wonder that goat wanted to be milked every morning...
giggles

Cantonment, FL

#11 Jul 1, 2013
a chicken "plooker" AND a goat sucker?
Little Jerry Seinfeld

Johnstown, OH

#12 Jul 1, 2013
Only room for one chicken in this town.
info please

Lima, OH

#13 Jul 2, 2013
My understanding is that if you have the right kind of chickens, those classified as "exotic", then yes you can have them legally. They lay eggs that are pretty colors but are the same as regular eggs.
No roosters, though.
correct

Lima, OH

#14 Jul 2, 2013
info please wrote:
My understanding is that if you have the right kind of chickens, those classified as "exotic", then yes you can have them legally. They lay eggs that are pretty colors but are the same as regular eggs.
No roosters, though.
I believe you are correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Wert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trash, taxes, and tyrants 11 min truthsyrup 75
Economic base vs Service 1 hr Curious two 8
News Ohio State Highway Patrol arrest 20 in three-da... 3 hr Zebra 34
old buildings 3 hr Right 4
Trump 0-5 5 hr McDonald Con Drum... 18
Lexy Turners eyebrows 6 hr Heshe 7
Heroin NOT in my hood 8 hr Bet 5
wetzel 19 hr puddintane 9

Van Wert Jobs

More from around the web