Kmart Shooting Suspect Charged with Attempted Murder of 2 Police Officers

Posted in the Van Nuys Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Laugh Out Loud

Monrovia, CA

#1 Jul 9, 2010
Critic on this story: I just read this story online and it sounds so corny. NOTICE THE PART WHERE THE MEDIA CLAIMS THAT THE SECURITY GURADS INSIDE THE STORE, THEY CONTAINED WILLARD. Contained means they searched him then handcuffed him and detained him. Then the police came and got him. Exchanged handcuffs and handcuffed Willard with the Burbank Police Handcuffs. So if Willard was handcuffed as he got into the backseat of the police car?? THEN HOW WHAT IT WILLARD GRABBED A BURBANK POLICE OFFICER'S WEAPON AND SHOT THE BURBANK POLICE OFFICER THREE TIMES IN HIS BULLET PROOF CHEST PLATE AND ONE IN HIS LEG? WILLARD WAS HANDCUFFED BEHIND HIS BACK TIGHTLY. THE POLICE ARE LYING OR THE MEDIA IS LYING. WE LIED? SO NOW THE QUESTION IS, DOES THE B URBANK POLICE DROP ALL THE CHARGES DUE TO LYING ON THEIR POLICE REPORT? IS THIS CASE SUBMITTABLE? DID THE BURBANK POLICE OFFICER'S PARTNER SHOOT HIS OWN PARTNER BY ACCIDENT DURING AN ALTERCATION WITH ATTEMPTING TO PUSH HANDCUFFED Willard into the back seat of their police car? Who make a false Police Report out of hate for Willard? The Judge will review this case. Judge and District Attorney will see this Media Report the News wrote. I am a Licensed Studio Motion Picture Company Owner around the area of Burbank. I worked in the Media many years ago. I shot the Marlin Brando Christian Brando Murder Case at his Mulholland Road Home the night it happened. I shot a Movie of LAFD Titled: Burbank Fire 2007 (a LAFD Burbank Fire Co Promo Short film) amongst 7 other short films for celebrities. I read this... Here, read it for yourself: Kmart Shooting Suspect Charged with Attempted Murder of 2 Police Officers
Jamie Warren Willard is accused of shooting the police officers at the Burbank Kmart
Watch Elizabeth Espinosa's report

KTLA News

2:25 PM PDT, July 7, 2010
Burbank officers wounded in shooting at Kmart.

Burbank officers wounded in shooting at Kmart.(KTLA-TV / July 2, 2010)

Related links

2 Police Officers Shot at Burbank Kmart 2 Police Officers Shot at Burbank Kmart Video

BURBANK -- A 30 year old suspect was charged Wednesday with attempted murder for the shooting of two Burbank Police officers outside a Kmart department store, according to the District Attorney's office.

Jamie Warren Willard is charged with two counts of attempted murder of a peace officer with special allegations that he personally and intentionally used and discharged a firearm, a handgun, which caused great bodily injury.

Willard is also charged with one count each of second-degree commercial burglary, assault by means likely to produce great bodily injury and assault with a deadly weapon, a metal fire extinguisher.

Investigators say private security guards at the Kmart department store at 1000 N. San Fernando Road had detained the defendant for commerical burglary and shoplifting last Friday. After he was detained, detectives say he assaulted each of the security guards.

Two Burbank police officers responded to the scene to take custody of the suspect. While the officers were attempting to place the defendant in the back of a patrol car, Willard grabbed one of the officer's handguns, shot and wounded both officers, officials say.

The suspect was then shocked by a stun gun.

One officer was shot three times in the chest, but was protected by his bulletproof vest, according to Burbank police Sgt. Robert Quesada.

That same officer was also shot in the leg, Quesada said.

He was treated at an area hospital and then released.

The other officer was shot in the hand.

Willard is being held on $4 million bail. If convicted, he faces a state prison sentence of 25 years to life for each count of attempted murder of a peace officer.

Copyright 2010, KTLA-TV, Los Angeles
2010 KTLATVLos Angeles

Youngstown, OH

#2 Jul 9, 2010
Did the Burbank Police lie when they accidently hand their guns out while putting Willard into their police Patrol car and were too embarrassed to note that one cop shot his partner over the patrol car while an altercation broke out between the suspect and the passenger officer, Witness said! They forgot the three witnesses who were sidebar at the scene. Oh, sorry, a 16 year old, 13 year old, and a 20y.o. Female are not good witnesses since they saw everything and video taped it with their Camera Phones, then the police told everyone in the crowd to not say anything about anything to the crowd or bystanders outside the police lines about what REALLY happened. She will place it on youtube. BRAVO! YOUTUBE will love her for that !! Willard Freed after two years for commercial Burglary.... Counter Sues the Burbank Police Department with the Internal Affairs backing his true report. Media Saw and reported loop story. It don't make sense. Re-Write it please! "You Don't Have To LIE like FOX Media loves to also"!! Anything the Burbank Police do, they always lie on their reports. It's historic. They do it a lot. I am also an owner of a Licensed Company, I own a Garbage Truck Company. That Filmmaker (Above) I think you should post this on the FBI page. Let them get a whiff of the Burbank Police's Butt-Fried-Burrito-Chicken Cheesey Liars and Fox Media F-Tards. That 20 year old lady, she posted the video on youtube an hour ago, go see it. It shows the police lying hahahaha BURBANK POLICE BUSTED!Two Burbank police officers responded to the scene to take custody of the suspect. While the officers were attempting to place the defendant in the back of a patrol car, Willard grabbed one of the officer's handguns, shot and wounded both officers, officials say.

The suspect was then shocked by a stun gun.

One officer was shot three times in the chest, but was protected by his bulletproof vest, according to Burbank police Sgt. Robert Quesada.

That same officer was also shot in the leg, Quesada said.

He was treated at an area hospital and then released.

The other officer was shot in the hand.

Willard is being held on $4 million bail. If convicted, he faces a state prison sentence of 25 years to life for each count of attempted murder of a peace officer.
FREE WiLLARD

Vista, CA

#3 Jul 9, 2010
This a no brain'R Who the hell wrote this in KTLA Los Angeles Media News? Dumb Reporter just Threw a hole lot of french fries up in their case and blew it full of loopholes Potholes too!

Doo Doo Case: Willard grabbed O-N-E- OF THE officer's handguns, shot and wounded both officers, officials say. HOLLEY SHIT! JUST ONE? HOW MANY DID THE OFFICER HAVE ON HIM 4 OR 7 OR 28?? I never seen an officer in Burbank carry more than 1 gun. WOW! You mean to verify to the community that this Willard 30 year old wasn't actually just some homeless man looking to bum some spare change and get food , then someone called to Target People police on him and LIED stating he was robbing a store?? That's dumb! FREE WILLARD because KTLA F'ed UP the Evidence. And that officer shouldn't be that scared to tell the truth to his superior officers. Oh that Hero Garbage doesn't fly. His partner shot him over the patrol car, review the facts and don't lie to the jury about Jamie Warren Willard. Burbank Police are Lying for a conviction. Believe it. Willard was a homeless man. they just want him gone since he is homeless, so this story they made up and shot his partner in his BULLETPROOF jacket, around the corner, before pulling up, then at the car with the youngster, the officer changed cloths, placing his shot damaged bulletproof jacket on, and shot up shirt, and his leg wasn't shot, the R.A. faked blood, the officer never got shot, it was a hoax to put Jamie Warren Willard is prison for life on a petty charge of a fire extinguisher . BurbankPoliceF.B.I.JamieWarren Willard-FRAUD

The Federal Internal Affairs should review this case upon before trial for This Jamie+Warren+Willard I feel the police told lies. I feel the public will protest this one. I feel that the Nationwide A.C.L.U. will be notified and someone will snitch on the Burbank Police in Federal Superior Court which will bust the media and the Burbank Police. I feel you need to clear this up before you convict Jamie Warren Willard

Burbank Police Get Sued for $10Billion dollars settlement over a wrongful death suit filed Tuesday... something like that could possibly embaress Burbank Officials "THINK about (IT) Chris Burners-Lee"
A A Hollywood http

Valley Falls, NY

#4 Jul 9, 2010
Want to be Famous? Officers? Then quit telling us B.S.... Let him post. Anyone has a right to post anything they want to in these public forms. Isn't that right , mr. Treasurer of the United States of America? Isn't that Right? Anyone means, ANYONE! Let'em POST!

Burbank is a nice quiet town, I love Burbank But those cops are unprofessional and they need c to quit arresting innocent people and not lying in their false police reports to become famous jerks and fake heroes. If they want a raise in pay, this , by no means is the way to go about it. Your Story now has Loop Holes in it. JamieWarrenWillard case is looped full of holes. You cannot Convict him based on what everyone here has written. Someone knows something and that makes you have a hole in your case of Jamie Warren Willard . No Conviction for Life. Maybe for the robbery with a fire Extinguisher But not for the police shooting themselves. I don't think the witnesses will shut up. what do you think they will do? BRAGG ALL over MYSPACE Videos for years till your trial stops
JamieWarrenWilla rd

Houston, TX

#5 Jul 9, 2010
FREE WiLLARD wrote:
This a no brain'R Who the hell wrote this in KTLA Los Angeles Media News? Dumb Reporter just Threw a hole lot of french fries up in their case and blew it full of loopholes Potholes too!
Doo Doo Case: Willard grabbed O-N-E- OF THE officer's handguns, shot and wounded both officers, officials say. HOLLEY SHIT! JUST ONE? HOW MANY DID THE OFFICER HAVE ON HIM 4 OR 7 OR 28?? I never seen an officer in Burbank carry more than 1 gun. WOW! You mean to verify to the community that this Willard 30 year old wasn't actually just some homeless man looking to bum some spare change and get food , then someone called to Target People police on him and LIED stating he was robbing a store?? That's dumb! FREE WILLARD because KTLA F'ed UP the Evidence. And that officer shouldn't be that scared to tell the truth to his superior officers. Oh that Hero Garbage doesn't fly. His partner shot him over the patrol car, review the facts and don't lie to the jury about Jamie Warren Willard. Burbank Police are Lying for a conviction. Believe it. Willard was a homeless man. they just want him gone since he is homeless, so this story they made up and shot his partner in his BULLETPROOF jacket, around the corner, before pulling up, then at the car with the youngster, the officer changed cloths, placing his shot damaged bulletproof jacket on, and shot up shirt, and his leg wasn't shot, the R.A. faked blood, the officer never got shot, it was a hoax to put Jamie Warren Willard is prison for life on a petty charge of a fire extinguisher . BurbankPoliceF.B.I.JamieWarren Willard-FRAUD
The Federal Internal Affairs should review this case upon before trial for This Jamie+Warren+Willard I feel the police told lies. I feel the public will protest this one. I feel that the Nationwide A.C.L.U. will be notified and someone will snitch on the Burbank Police in Federal Superior Court which will bust the media and the Burbank Police. I feel you need to clear this up before you convict Jamie Warren Willard
Burbank Police Get Sued for $10Billion dollars settlement over a wrongful death suit filed Tuesday... something like that could possibly embaress Burbank Officials "THINK about (IT) Chris Burners-Lee"

JamieWarrenWillard case is looped full of holes. You cannot Convict him based on what everyone here has written.

This is democracy within the Policing system, a race between who gets more tax dollars per year from the federal government for duties served within the cities in California. It's not who they convict or why, it's who they convict that sticks that they get paid from taxpayers for more money to be given to a particular police department. Burbank Police are looking for filling a Financial hole which was created in a recent Internal Crisis Fine the feds govern , That is Classified Documentation. See the Discovery Channel June 2008 I think they aired that report then. The Police in Los Angeles promote Violence and have been creating problems which back up this institution of said Violence therefore the Burbank Police respond quickly for w quick resolve then if they can make a Political Profit, They seek for it. This is what is called a JamieWarrenWillard POLITICAL PROFIT
family friend

Klamath Falls, OR

#6 Aug 1, 2010
this story is not making any sense to anyone in his family. they are trying everything they can to get the truth to help jamie out. i need anyone with any information to please contact his mom at auntieturtle1979@yahoo.com we would like to talk to the witnesses to hear the real story and see the videos thank you
Cindy Gates

Klamath Falls, OR

#7 Aug 1, 2010
Please anyone with any info please contact Jamies mom who knows her son is not capable of these charges.Please help me help my son email me at cindygates66@yahoo.com thank you
Dan

Portland, OR

#8 Aug 17, 2010
I just dont see jamie doing this. ive known him my whole life. how the heck do you steal a gun from a cop while hand cuffed? let alone...he is not fast enough to do that!he got caught stealing! he wouldnt do all that for a pety theft charge.if there is any wittnesses pleace step forward. Jamie needs help!
Sharon

Orange, CA

#9 Sep 15, 2010
Please help me prove my husband Jamies innocence. We have a 4 year old daughter who needs her daddy to come home. Anyone who knows something or has information please please contact me. I need your help. If you were told not to disclose any information reguarding this. Please re-consider, Jamie is a good person, I love him and will fight til the end to prove his innocence.
Sharonwillard14@yahoo.com
cindy

Klamath Falls, OR

#10 Sep 24, 2010
Dan wrote:
I just dont see jamie doing this. ive known him my whole life. how the heck do you steal a gun from a cop while hand cuffed? let alone...he is not fast enough to do that!he got caught stealing! he wouldnt do all that for a pety theft charge.if there is any wittnesses pleace step forward. Jamie needs help!
Is this dan johnston if so please get ahold of me cindygates66@yahoo.com we all know jamie is not capable of this and something is going on and hes getting the blame for this!!!!
C PHAM

Portland, OR

#11 Sep 27, 2010
Sharon and family, I've heard conflicting stories as well from witnesses who have posted on other web sites. From what I gather, most if not all the shots were "friendly fire", meaning the cops shot each other. I've been trying to following this closely, I know his trial starts on the 30th, please keep me posted Sharon. I hope the truth will set Jamie free.
C.PHAM
cpham213(AT) hotmail.com
Erin

Portland, OR

#12 Oct 13, 2010
dose anyone have any new news on this? I,m going nuts not knowing whats going on. please let me now at ainslie_erin@yahoo.com ps. much love for Sharon,Alison and Cindy
Ryan Griebel

Portland, OR

#13 Jun 21, 2011
I was Jamies best friend before he moved back down to California and I know for a fact their is no way in the world Jamie would grab a police officers gun and shoot him. Thats not Jamie and I hope to God they get it right and get him out of their
DESIREE SANDERS

Vancouver, WA

#14 Aug 10, 2011
I ALSO HAVE KNOWN JAMIE SINCE 1996 AND CANNOT FATHAM JAMIE EVER DOING SUCH THING...EVER! ITS NOT WHO HE IS & IT'S NOT SOMETHING HE WOULD EVER DO, THERES SOMETHING FISHY GOING ON WITHIN THE BURBANK PD & I DONT KNOW WHAT BUT I DO KNOW THAT JAMIE IS DEFINITLY TAKING THE BLAME FOR SOMEONE ELSE'S ACTIONS. THIS STORY NEEDS TO BE SERIOUSLY INVESTIGATED AND INTERNALLY TOO! MY THOUGHTS & PRAYERS ARE WITH HIS FAMILY & THE TRUTH WILL FREE JAMIE!

Since: Jul 11

Riverside, CA

#15 Aug 21, 2011
If Jamie's such a nice guy, why was he in the store shoplifting? Why was he handcuffed and detained by the in-store security?

Oh, wait, I've got it: HE'S A THEIF!

If there was something wrong with Jamies head, why didn't his friends and family do something so he wouldn't have been in this position?

There is no conspiracy against Jamie in Burbank, He's either brain damaged from birth or ingestion of too many/too much drugs, or he's a panhandler stealing for a living. He got caught, tried to make a run for it, made another REALLY bad decision by going for the gun, and now must suffer the consequences.

Every time someone does something bad, there's a hue and cry that "he's not like that", "he couldn't do such a thing", "I've known him since back when...". Wake up people, YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW PEOPLE AND WHAT THEY ARE CAPABLE OF because you are not them. What's going on inside of people's heads is only known to them, and most of them sure as heck aren't giving you a free peek inside. Especially if they're messed up.

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Aug 24, 2011
Ohhhhhhh! Looks like Jamie IS a bad guy.

At the FELONY preliminary hearing Monday in Pasadena Superior Court it was made known that Jamie was soooooo fat that the K-Mart Loss Prevention folks had to loosen his handcuffs because his hands were swelling. In response to this act of compassion, JAMIE THEN PICKED UP A FIRE EXTINGUISHER AND TRIED TO HIT THE STORE EMPLOYEES.(Of course, this was after it took three K-Mart employees to tackle and subdue him as he tried to leave the store after being observed on camera shoplifting.)

The Burbank Police found he was sooooooo FAT, that they had to double-cuff him because he couldn't get his porky-ass arms behind his back far enough. And that's how he had enough movement to grab an officer's weapon.

Clearly, he's an opportunist and will say what he can to get into a better position to either attack someone, or attempt to kill them (both of which DID indeed happen).

He's lucky that the officer who shot him was only able to penetrate his fat a couple of times, resulting in minor injuries only. In an instance like this, he's even more lucky his head didn't disappear in a cloud of pink and gray mist.

So, after all, it looks like Jamie is just a dirtbag.
Desiree

Portland, OR

#17 Aug 31, 2011
@ SON OF TC... Your ignorant remarks about a person you do not know what so ever except for what you have heard on this incident is not only pathetic but obviously coming from a "faaaattttt" Head himself! Find something else to do in your free time rather waste ours!!!!

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Sep 1, 2011
Desiree wrote:
@ SON OF TC... Your ignorant remarks about a person you do not know what so ever except for what you have heard on this incident is not only pathetic but obviously coming from a "faaaattttt" Head himself! Find something else to do in your free time rather waste ours!!!!
Get ready to go visit your friend in the penetentiary. And, by the way, exactely HOW am I wasting YOUR time by excercising my free speech rights? If you feel you're wasting your time I have two sugesions for you: Stop READING what I write, and stop RESPONDING to what I write. If you do that, you won't be wasting your time.

And speaking of wasting time, You'll be doing alot of that driving to whatever hell-hole prison your "friend" will be rotting away in. Oh wait, you probably will have to take a Greyhound bus there because you don't have a working car.
THE TRUTH

Garden Grove, CA

#19 Sep 29, 2011
SonOfTC wrote:
Ohhhhhhh! Looks like Jamie IS a bad guy.
At the FELONY preliminary hearing Monday in Pasadena Superior Court it was made known that Jamie was soooooo fat that the K-Mart Loss Prevention folks had to loosen his handcuffs because his hands were swelling. In response to this act of compassion, JAMIE THEN PICKED UP A FIRE EXTINGUISHER AND TRIED TO HIT THE STORE EMPLOYEES.(Of course, this was after it took three K-Mart employees to tackle and subdue him as he tried to leave the store after being observed on camera shoplifting.)
The Burbank Police found he was sooooooo FAT, that they had to double-cuff him because he couldn't get his porky-ass arms behind his back far enough. And that's how he had enough movement to grab an officer's weapon.
Clearly, he's an opportunist and will say what he can to get into a better position to either attack someone, or attempt to kill them (both of which DID indeed happen).
He's lucky that the officer who shot him was only able to penetrate his fat a couple of times, resulting in minor injuries only. In an instance like this, he's even more lucky his head didn't disappear in a cloud of pink and gray mist.
So, after all, it looks like Jamie is just a dirtbag.
Both he, and his "wife" are opportunists. She didn't even wait until he was locked up for 3 months before engaging in sexual activity with someone else's man. She will fight for him... yeah, right! Until the "next best thing comes along." Thank you, Sharon, for taking out my trash. I hope your daughter, Allyson, sees how wretched you really are, smacked back on Methadone, drinking and driving, whoring yourself out, while your new boyfriend works 2 jobs to pay taxes into the system you leech from with the food stamps or welfare you receive. Oh, wait, pay taxes? Your new boyfriend can't even manage to pay child support for the 3 beautiful children he brought into this world but doesn't have custody of because dope was more important to him than his children. Good luck with that one! I sincerely hope you pull your head out of your ass before it's too late. Go to the junkyard and get a new picker, it has to be better than the one you have now.
Rot

Brea, CA

#20 Oct 1, 2011
Jamie is a complete SCUM bag! And deserves everything that's coming to him! Anyone who posts about what a great guy he is, obviously doesn't know what he's capable of!! Rape, not paying child support, drugs, assault, shop lifting, attempted murder of not one, but TWO cops!!! Seriously, I hope he rots in prison... He's obviously not an outstanding citizen, and clearly a waste of us tax payers dollars!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Nuys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iggy Azalea's shopping excursion in Ferrari tur... 57 min Bobby T Canada 6
News John Singleton Drops Out Of The Tupac Biopic Be... 6 hr Cody 2
News Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 8 hr Time to wake up 1,327
News 'Undocumented Immigrant Not A Criminal,' Califo... 12 hr tomin cali 1
the music thread (Apr '12) Thu Musikologist 21
the music thread (Apr '12) Thu Musikologist 19
News A political novice who scored big upset finds h... Thu Black Annie 11
More from around the web

Van Nuys People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]