Relocating to Van Horn

“Travel Agent near Utica, NY”

Since: Oct 08

San Juan, PR

#1 Feb 9, 2009
thinking about relocating to Van Horn. Can anybody tell me what the work situation is like and the overall living climate?
THE_man

San Antonio, TX

#2 Feb 13, 2009
DON'T DO IT! Run as fast as you can. It's a hell hole. no work! On the good side, the people are nice, the summer nights are awesome and winter looks beautiful when there's snow. Lastly there is a restaurant that the football guy (BOOM!) once mentioned on the TV :)

“Travel Agent near Utica, NY”

Since: Oct 08

San Juan, PR

#3 Apr 4, 2009
thanks for the information
omg

Burlington, NC

#4 Aug 3, 2009
The Man is RIGHT!!! Don't do it!!!! Hell hole was much too nice a description of this ruin
Class of 82

San Antonio, TX

#5 Nov 7, 2013
Went to school in Van Horn back in 1974, 39 years ago. I have great memories of a skating ring outside of town and the bakery on main street. Do these places still exist? Also, remember school friend by the name of Darla Hill, I think her mom was a teacher. The short time we lived there, we rented a small trailer behind someone's back yard but don't remember their last name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Horn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lure of land gives way to frustration (Aug '08) Sep 28 DC Dave 123
pretty girls (Jan '12) Sep 21 Sneak 4
News Trish Long: Sheriff's Posse at Cowboy Park (Jul '10) Jun '16 DC Dave 17
McDonald's exit 138 Jun '16 Wondering 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
Black camaro Apr '16 Tigrr 1
News Planned Parenthood to shutter El Paso offices (Jun '09) Jan '16 coat hanger 59

Van Horn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Van Horn Mortgages