Looking for homeschooling support groups
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
All for homeschool

Ellington, MO

#44 May 19, 2012
First of all, MeMe, there is a homeschooling support group in Salem that gets together quite often for different activities and sports. There are also online support groups. Facebook has some. Second, America Land of the Free, this is a free country. Therefore we have the right to homeschool our children. It is also a better education, with a truly devoted parent, than what they receive in a public school for many reasons. They can progress at their own pace and learn quicker with the one on one that they do NOT receive in public school. I started my oldest out by homeschooling her and when I put her in public school she was two years advanced over children her age. She also received social skills while being homeschooled that you were so worried about. I also had a friend who homeschooled her children. At age 16, one of her boys had completed his courses, been tested, received his DIPLOMA and was taking college courses. Maybe you should learn how to study and research a topic before lecturing on it.
homeschooling dad

Chicago, IL

#45 May 22, 2012
The government school model (yes government - not public) is evil. It is a prison for kids. I feel sorry for all kids in the evil government schools. Think about it.

"Why have we put our children into education prisons called public schools? What crimes have they committed? Why do we condemn almost 45 million innocent children to this punishment? Do I exaggerate by calling these schools "prisons?" Well, let's compare prisons and public schools.

What are prisons? They are places where people are locked up against their will for crimes they have committed.

What is life like for a prisoner? The warden and prison guards, in effect, take away the prisoner's life and freedom. They force a prisoner to live in a small cell he doesn't want to live in, eat food he may hate, work at a job he detests, associate with other prisoners who may be dangerous, and remove him from everyone and everything he loved in the outside world when he was free......" read more here: http://www.newswithviews.com/Turtel/joel.htm

A homeschool kid can have freedom! Freedom to learn in peace, freedom of association, and freedom to do as he pleases (which is the basic foundation of America!!!!)

Anyone who condemns me for homeschooling also condemns these people and their families: http://homeschoolacademy.com/famoushomeschool...

Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, George Patton, Douglas MacArthur, Sandra Day O'Connor, Albert Einstein, Alexander Graham Bell, and Louis Armstrong were homeschooled.

John Travolta, Will Smith, and Darrell Waltrip are homeschooling parents.

Homeschooling has gained acceptance recently. It was the primary method of education for thousands of years until the invention of government schools in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Study the history on government schools and you may be shocked. They were never intended to "educate" but to mold society and create corporate specialized workers rather than a complete person. They are evil slave producing factories.

Yes, I went to public school and I survived in spite of it. I went to college also. In both cases I learned more outside of the system. I learned evil while I was in it. I would not wish my personal experience with government schools on anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Buren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth rowland 2 hr Dealt with her be... 1
Williams & McBride 3 hr Truth 16
Carnival in Van Buren Mo 0527 thru 0530 2016 4 hr Clown 7
Dope 7 hr Fred the head 1
ozark orchard (Aug '10) 17 hr Actual po saying ... 28
News Carter County Homicide Investigation (Jun '06) Thu 7hippiechick 146
Art May 24 Local uno 33
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Van Buren Mortgages