Comments
55,621 - 55,640 of 97,097 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#59212 Jul 24, 2012
more liberal lies wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should start paying more attention to the right news sources. It was the first thing I saw when I turned the television on this morning.
I pay little attention to right news sources.

I prefer honesty and accuracy in reporting.

#59213 Jul 24, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Dawg, it seems the Far Right minority, has been successful in steering blame away from the real source and placing it on Obama. Their lie and repeat platform is an effective tool, especially with illinformed voters.
Yeah, that is the nature of propaganda. The right-wing extremists have learned their lessons well from Herr Doktor Paul Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's Propaganda Minister:

Pick a lie and REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT!

#59214 Jul 24, 2012
In an attempt to show that he has "foreign policy" experience, Mitt Romney intends to visit England, Poland, and Israel.

I suppose a one-week visit to those countries will MORE THAN DOUBLE Romney's present experience, which is negligible.

While he is at it, Romney should also visit France, to renew those old friendships he made there as a missionary for 30 months during the tough fighting the US had in Vietnam.

#59215 Jul 24, 2012
Well, the polling and forecasts are just about as consistent as they can get regarding the electoral votes.

Nate Silver, New York Times: Obama 296; Romney 242.
These numbers are based on projections of all states.

Huffington Post: Obama 256; Romney 191.
These numbers are based on projections of states sure to vote for a particular candidate, or likely to vote for a particular candidate. "Tossup" states are not included in Huff Post's projections.

It takes 270 electoral votes to win, so President Obama only has to pick up Ohio or Virginia or Florida, as examples, to win. At the present time, Silver is estimating a 65% probability that Obama will win Ohio. Silver's estimate of Obama carrying Virginia is 58%, and of carrying Florida is 51%.

Happy Days are Here Again! GOBAMA! Yes, we CAN!
I OWN Yellow Dawg

Euless, TX

#59216 Jul 24, 2012
Obama announced he will visit Israel in his second term.

Israel announced day of celebrating that Obama will never visit them again.
Strong Proud Conservative

Joplin, MO

#59217 Jul 24, 2012
I OWN DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how he calls you paranoid when he thinks everyone in the world is Dan. Such an idiotic hypocrite, not to mention scum sucking sewer rat. But what else can you expect from DawgDanFromSmithville.
I was daring him to try to locate where I am. As usual when I stood up to him he came up with the "I'm not going to waste my time" excuse and then tried to cover it up by calling ME paranoid. He knows he can't do it just like he still can't name one positive thing Obama has done to help the economy and what it did to help.

Since: Feb 11

Columbia, MO

#59218 Jul 24, 2012
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that is the nature of propaganda. The right-wing extremists have learned their lessons well from Herr Doktor Paul Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's Propaganda Minister:
Pick a lie and REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT!
http://agonist.org/matttbastard/20120724/fail...
Governments should re-assess their threat assessments and their priorities in relation to terrorism and political violence. As Kundnani notes,‘since 1990, at least 249 persons have died in incidents of far right violence in Europe, compared to 263 who have been killed by jihadist violence, indicating that both threats are of the same order of magnitude’.

In a report I co-wrote with Jonathan Githens-Mazer in 2010, Islamophobia and Anti-Muslim Hate Crime: UK Case Studies, we outlined a case for greater parity in resources for tackling both threats in the UK. As we explained then, arguments we had ‘heard from politicians and public servants involved in Prevent policy that the threat from violent extremist nationalists in the UK [was] local and lesser when compared to the al&#8208;Qaeda threat which [was] global and greater [were] not compelling [then] and likely to become less so during this new decade as it unfolds’.‘In fact’, we argued,‘the evidence is already sufficiently clear to conclude that violent extremist nationalists in the UK take inspiration from propaganda that is every bit as global in nature as that which promotes al&#8208;Qaeda’.(p.28)

This is not to suggest that the far right has the capacity or the will to carry out a major terrorist attack like al-Qaeda’s in New York and Washington DC on 9/11. But as terrorist threats in Europe increasingly revolve around low level conspiracies and and the actions of ‘lone wolves’ it is prudent to reflect on what the far right and al-Qaeda have in common.

#59219 Jul 24, 2012
I OWN Yellow Dawg wrote:
Obama announced he will visit Israel in his second term.
Israel announced day of celebrating that Obama will never visit them again.
In his visit to Washington in May 2011, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu gave a speech to the US Congress, in which speech he stated that he felt that Israel should go back to the pre-1967 borders, just like President Obama had suggested. Pick a link:

http://www.bing.com/search...

#59220 Jul 24, 2012
Strong Proud Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I was daring him to try to locate where I am. As usual when I stood up to him he came up with the "I'm not going to waste my time" excuse and then tried to cover it up by calling ME paranoid. He knows he can't do it just like he still can't name one positive thing Obama has done to help the economy and what it did to help.
You DARE me to locate where you are? <.giggle!.>

You had NEVER dared me to do it. Be careful what you dare. You might persuade me to "waste my time."

Columbia, MO

#59221 Jul 24, 2012
Most Americans don’t know it but Thomas Jefferson, along with James Madison worked assiduously to have an 11th Amendment included into our nation’s original Bill of Rights. This proposed Amendment would have prohibited “monopolies in commerce.” The amendment would have made it illegal for corporations to own other corporations, or to give money to politicians, or to otherwise try to influence elections. Corporations would be chartered by the states for the primary purpose of “serving the public good.” Corporations would possess the legal status not of natural persons but rather of “artificial persons.” This means that they would have only those legal attributes which the state saw fit to grant to them. They would NOT; and indeed could NOT possess the same bundle of rights which actual flesh and blood persons enjoy. Under this proposed amendment neither the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution, nor any provision of that document would protect the artificial entities known of as corporations.

Jefferson and Madison were so insistent upon this amendment because the American Revolution was in substantial degree a revolt against the domination of colonial economic and political life by the greatest multinational corporation of its age: the British East India Company. After all who do you think owned the tea which Sam Adams and friends dumped overboard in Boston Harbor? Who was responsible for the taxes on commodities and restrictions on trade by the American colonists? It was the British East India Company, of course. In the end the amendment was not adopted because a majority in the first Congress believed that already existing state laws governing corporations were adequate for constraining corporate power. Jefferson worried about the growing influence of corporate power until his dying day in 1826. Even the more conservative founder John Adams came to harbor deep misgivings about unchecked corporate power.

http://soundingcircle.com/newslog2.php/__show...

“I have upset the hand of god”

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#59222 Jul 24, 2012
Strong Proud Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the tough, sly one, meat whistle. Especially on an anonymous forum.

You are just mad, because Dawg is right. No one gives a crap where you are or who you are.
I OWN Yellow Dawg

Euless, TX

#59223 Jul 24, 2012
<quoted text>In his visit to Washington in May 2011, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu gave a speech to the US Congress, in which speech he stated that he felt that Israel should go back to the pre-1967 borders, just like President Obama had suggested. Pick a link:

http://www.bing.com/search...
ROFLMAO!!! The hell he did Dawg, your own "search links" even show he never said any such thing.

You really are stupid aren't you.

But for the fun of it lets "pick a link" from Dawgs search....

I pick the one from the NY SLIMES titled "Netanyahu gives no ground in Congress speech" where it states Netenyahu says Israel's 1967 borders are indefensible.

Netanyahu has said repeatedly Israel will NOT go back to their 1967 borders.

Netanyahu, sitting right next to Obama said face to face that Israel will not go back to 1967 borders. I remember that well. Obama sitting there all pissed off because he had just got bitch smacked on national tv.

Here Dawg, educate yourself, straight from your own left wing news source

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43106082/ns/polit...

Columbia, MO

#59224 Jul 24, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you the tough, sly one, meat whistle. Especially on an anonymous forum.
You are just mad, because Dawg is right. No one gives a crap where you are or who you are.
The Water Mitty's of this world can't be reasoned with. The best reply is to just point fingers an laugh.

Columbia, MO

#59225 Jul 24, 2012
In a new TV ad, Romney features an offended New Hampshire businessman, saying,“My father’s hands didn’t build this company? My hands didn’t build this company? My son’s hands aren’t building this company?”

The New Hampshire Union Leader’s John DiStato today reports that in 1999 the business in question, Gilchrist Metal,“received $800,000 in tax-exempt revenue bonds issued by the New Hampshire Business Finance Authority ‘to set up a second manufacturing plant and purchase equipment to produce high definition television broadcasting equipment’…” In addition, in 2011, Gilchrist Metal “received two U.S. Navy sub-contracts totaling about $83,000 and a smaller,$5,600 Coast Guard contract in 2008…”

Columbia, MO

#59226 Jul 24, 2012
Despite earning a record $4.9 billion profit last year and projecting even better results for 2012, the company is insisting on a six-year wage freeze and a pension freeze for most of the 780 production workers at its factory here. Caterpillar says it needs to keep its labor costs down to ensure its future competitiveness.[...]

Caterpillar, which has significantly raised its executives’ compensation because of its strong profits, defended its demands, saying many unionized workers were paid well above market rates.

A company that earned a record $4.9 billion in 2011 and $1.586 billion in the first quarter of this year should be willing to help the workers who made those profits for them,” said Timothy O’Brien, president of Machinists Local Lodge 851.“Caterpillar believes in helping the very rich, but what they’re doing would help eliminate the middle class.” Several labor experts told the Times that Caterpillar is a pioneer in tough labor negotiations meant to drive down workers’ wages.

Last year, Caterpillar’s CEO made nearly $17 million in total compensation. At the moment in the U.S., the typical worker would have to work 244 years in order to earn what the average CEO makes in one year.
1Watt is a CRYBABY

Euless, TX

#59227 Jul 24, 2012
1Watt Hermit wrote:
Despite earning a record $4.9 billion profit last year and projecting even better results for 2012, the company is insisting on a six-year wage freeze and a pension freeze for most of the 780 production workers at its factory here. Caterpillar says it needs to keep its labor costs down to ensure its future competitiveness.[...]

Caterpillar, which has significantly raised its executivesÂ’ compensation because of its strong profits, defended its demands, saying many unionized workers were paid well above market rates.

A company that earned a record $4.9 billion in 2011 and $1.586 billion in the first quarter of this year should be willing to help the workers who made those profits for them,” said Timothy O’Brien, president of Machinists Local Lodge 851.“Caterpillar believes in helping the very rich, but what they’re doing would help eliminate the middle class.” Several labor experts told the Times that Caterpillar is a pioneer in tough labor negotiations meant to drive down workers’ wages.

Last year, CaterpillarÂ’s CEO made nearly $17 million in total compensation. At the moment in the U.S., the typical worker would have to work 244 years in order to earn what the average CEO makes in one year.
Is whining and crying like a bitch all you know how to do?

Joplin, MO

#59228 Jul 24, 2012
<quoted text>
You DARE me to locate where you are? <.giggle!.>
You had NEVER dared me to do it. Be careful what you dare. You might persuade me to "waste my time."
What do you think I was doing when I was egging you on and kept saying, "Go ahead."? I was daring you. I knew you were full of it and wouldn't do what you claimed you were going to do. As for persuading you, again I say "Go for it." As they said on A Christmas Story, I triple dog dare you.

Joplin, MO

#59229 Jul 24, 2012
I OWN Yellow Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!!! The hell he did Dawg, your own "search links" even show he never said any such thing.
You really are stupid aren't you.
But for the fun of it lets "pick a link" from Dawgs search....
I pick the one from the NY SLIMES titled "Netanyahu gives no ground in Congress speech" where it states Netenyahu says Israel's 1967 borders are indefensible.
Netanyahu has said repeatedly Israel will NOT go back to their 1967 borders.
Netanyahu, sitting right next to Obama said face to face that Israel will not go back to 1967 borders. I remember that well. Obama sitting there all pissed off because he had just got bitch smacked on national tv.
Here Dawg, educate yourself, straight from your own left wing news source
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43106082/ns/polit...
I remember that. What's even funnier is that Netanyahu's popularity skyrocketed because of it and Obama's popularity amongst the Jewish voters took a nosedive.

Columbia, MO

#59230 Jul 24, 2012
WASHINGTON — Senate Republicans will press this week
to extend tax cuts for affluent families set to expire
Jan. 1, but the same Republican tax plan
would allow a series of tax cuts for the working poor
and the middle class to end next year.

Republicans say the tax breaks for lower-income families —
passed with little notice in the extensive 2009 economic stimulus law — were always supposed to be temporary. But President Barack Obama made them a priority in 2009 and demanded their extension in 2010 as a price for extending the Bush-era tax cuts for two years, and both the White House and Senate Democrats are determined to extend them again...

In all, the Republican plan would extend tax cuts for
2.7 million affluent families while allowing tax breaks to expire for
the 13 million on the bottom of the income spectrum, tax analysts say.

Columbia, MO

#59231 Jul 24, 2012
As the Global Financial Crisis rumbles along in its fifth year, we read the latest revelations of bankster fraud, the LIBOR scandal. This follows the muni bond fixing scam detailed a couple of weeks ago, as well as the J.P. Morgan trading fiasco and the Corzine-MF Global collapse and any number of other scandals in recent months. In every case it was traders run amuck, fixing “markets” to make an easy buck at someone’s expense. In times like these, I always recall Robert Sherrill’s 1990 statement about the S&L crisis that “thievery is what unregulated capitalism is all about.”

After 1990 we removed what was left of financial regulations following the flurry of deregulation of the early 1980s that had freed the thrifts so that they could self-destruct. And we are shocked, SHOCKED!, that thieves took over the financial system.

Nay, they took over the whole economy and the political system lock, stock, and barrel. They didn’t just blow up finance, they oversaw the swiftest transfer of wealth to the very top the world has ever seen. They screwed workers out of their jobs, they screwed homeowners out of their houses, they screwed retirees out of their pensions, and they screwed municipalities out of their revenues and assets.

Financiers are forcing schools, parks, pools, fire departments, senior citizen centers, and libraries to shut down. They are forcing national governments to auction off their cultural heritage to the highest bidder. Everything must go in firesales at prices rigged by twenty-something traders at the biggest and most corrupt institutions the world has ever known.

And since they’ve bought the politicians, the policy-makers, and the courts, no one will stop it. Few will even discuss it, since most university administrations have similarly been bought off—in many cases, the universities are even headed by corporate “leaders”–and their professors are on Wall Street’s payrolls.

We’re screwed.

Bill Black joined our department in 2006. At UMKC (and the Levy Institute) we had long been discussing and analyzing the GFC that we knew was going to hit, using the approaches of Hyman Minsky and Wynne Godley. Bill insisted we were overlooking the most important factor, fraud. To be more specific, Bill called it control fraud, where top corporate management runs an institution as a weapon to loot shareholders and customers to the benefit of top management. Think Bob Rubin, Hank Paulson, Bernie Madoff, Jamie Dimon and Jon Corzine. Long before, I had come across Bill’s name when I wrote about the S&L scandal, and I had listed fraud as the second most important cause of that crisis. While I was open to his argument back in 2006, I could never have conceived of the scope of Wall Street’s depravity. It is all about fraud. As I’ve said, this crisis is like Shrek’s Onion, with fraud in every layer. There is, quite simply, no part of the financial system that is not riddled with fraud.

The fraud cannot be reduced much less eliminated. First, there are no regulators to stop it, and no prosecutors to punish it. But, far more importantly, fraud is the business model. Further, even if a financial institution tried to buck the trend it would fail. As Bill says, fraud is always the most profitable game in town. So Gresham’s Law dynamics ensure that fraud is the only game in town.

As Sherrill said, without regulation, capitalism is thievery. We stopped regulating the financial system, so thieves took over.
Read more at http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2012/07/randy-...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Buren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kennedy black baby 4 hr Proud WHITE Man 17
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 5 hr Prowd Tee Purty M... 1,849
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 10 hr Go Blue Forever 229
Trails need repair. 12 hr cali 12
Carter County Treasurer 16 hr Idiot watcher 2
helpful information 19 hr UbberOne 3
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Thu stupid bills for ... 6,930
•••
•••
Van Buren Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Van Buren Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Van Buren People Search