cheapest tube rental
from vb now stl

Seattle, WA

#1 Aug 9, 2012
who has the cheapest tube rental in town?
Do it

United States

#2 Aug 9, 2012
Buy and haul your own.. Prices are all the same because the landing owns them all! They have a monopoly which is illegal
mvp

Belle, MO

#4 Aug 10, 2012
Do it wrote:
Buy and haul your own.. Prices are all the same because the landing owns them all! They have a monopoly which is illegal
You are clueless. There are tube rentals all up and down the Riverways. Landing has a small % of them. Buy one if you tube a lot but renting one is pretty darn inexpensive. But, do not rent a cheap tube or it will pop!! River is so low, I suggest you just walk the river and enjoy the scenery. Heard three male Louisiana Waterthrushes singing along the river today! That made my day. One of my favorite warbler species!!
mvp

Belle, MO

#5 Aug 10, 2012
Do it wrote:
By the way, it should be illegal to lie on a public forum but you can since you think you are anonymous! But, you sure ain't! We gotcha ya, liar!!
from vb now stl

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Aug 11, 2012
The Landing has bought out all but one of the mom and pop outfitters in Van Buren. Yes there are others up and down the river in other towns (I think the closest is around 30 miles away), but no other spot on the Current can compare to the Current around Van Buren. We ended up going with Big Spring RV park. They were a bit cheaper and extremely nice. I didn't feel like an unknown out of town visitor. We chatted about who lived where and when. Felt like I never left. I hope they stay around for a long time. I'm telling all of my friends to go to Big Spring from now on.
Deeper and Faster

Ellis Grove, IL

#7 Aug 15, 2012
from vb now stl wrote:
The Landing has bought out all but one of the mom and pop outfitters in Van Buren. Yes there are others up and down the river in other towns (I think the closest is around 30 miles away), but no other spot on the Current can compare to the Current around Van Buren. We ended up going with Big Spring RV park. They were a bit cheaper and extremely nice. I didn't feel like an unknown out of town visitor. We chatted about who lived where and when. Felt like I never left. I hope they stay around for a long time. I'm telling all of my friends to go to Big Spring from now on.
Are you talking about the National Park by the spring or a privately operated business?
I Luv Big Springs Rv Park

Columbia, MO

#8 Aug 15, 2012
We are regulars at Big Springs Rv Park, if you want a great place to rent tubes or camp with your family this is the place to go. The owners are Super people & always go out of their way to help!
The bathrooms are the cleanest campground bathroom i've ever been seen.
Local Floater

Forsyth, MO

#9 Aug 19, 2012
from vb now stl wrote:
A group of us locals drove down to the Landing to rent some tubes. We don't get to float much so renting is the best way for us. We knew how much it would cost so had no surprises there. What we didn't like was when we were unloaded at the river another bus was there unloading people with tubes (not from Landing). The cheesy driver of our bus said " anyone got a camera? Our boss said to video this mother f;$);r if we catch him hauling floaters ". That was very uncomfortable to our group and no one provided him with a camera. We put in at same time as those floaters and they were very nice people. We discovered the wife of the owner of Big Spring Motel had several coworkers up for a float trip. They brought their own personal tubes. We let them know what the Landing driver said and that we did not agree with this greedy mentality. Mr. Landing, I know our small group of nine won't hurt you but our business will go elsewhere on the future. As well as anyone and everyone we talk to. Are you so greedy that you instruct your staff to take videos of floaters that don't use your services? I tend to think you are. We don't think your driver would have made a scene as he did without your instructions to do so. Our clan will not use your establishments for any reason and will make sure these actions on your part are well publicized. You are wrong for engaging your employees to promote your greedy ways. Shame on you. At least don't enlist your customers in the future.
local floater too

Ozark, MO

#10 Aug 19, 2012
Local Floater wrote:
<quoted text>A group of us locals drove down to the Landing to rent some tubes. We don't get to float much so renting is the best way for us. We knew how much it would cost so had no surprises there. What we didn't like was when we were unloaded at the river another bus was there unloading people with tubes (not from Landing). The cheesy driver

of our bus said " anyone got a camera? Our boss said to video this mother f;$);r if we catch him hauling floaters ". That was very uncomfortable to our group and no one provided him with a camera. We put in at same time as those floaters and they were very nice people. We discovered the wife of the owner of Big Spring Motel had several coworkers up for a float trip. They brought their own personal tubes. We let them know what the Landing driver said and that we did not agree with this greedy mentality. Mr. Landing, I know our small group of nine won't hurt you but our business will go elsewhere on the future. As well as anyone and everyone we talk to. Are you so greedy that you instruct your staff to take videos of floaters that don't use your services? I tend to think you are. We don't think your driver would have made a scene as he did without your instructions to do so. Our clan will not use your establishments for any reason and will make sure these actions on your part are well publicized. You are wrong for engaging your employees to promote your greedy ways. Shame on you. At least don't enlist your customers in the future.
I agree whole Heartly this Man is very GREEDY.and cares not for his clientel just their Dollars,and any others He can get. I also was ask to take pictures,and video if possible. Why would any one be this greedy. This establishment is ridiculous.
Floater Too

United States

#11 Aug 20, 2012
mvp wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, it should be illegal to lie on a public forum but you can since you think you are anonymous! But, you sure ain't! We gotcha ya, liar!!
Go any where but the Landing.Tom will take your money and give You the BIRD
Anonymous
#12 Aug 21, 2012
I came to town this last weekend for a dear friends funeral . i stayed at big springs Motel . while there i knew Jim was taking some other motel people to float i asked if i Could go along . Jim said of course furnished me with a tube and a ride out free of charge . thanks Jim and thank you for me staying at the motel but sorry for reason being here Gene worleys funeral . there are few people like you love you dearly .
Anonymous
#13 Aug 21, 2012
Forgot to mention when Jim took us out to raft yard we was read our rights and filled out affidavits . now i thought i was in big trouble having my rights read to me but didn't know what was going on . very uncomfortable but didn't understand Why til Later
Floater

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#14 Feb 13, 2015
You and your friends go buy you a kyak or whatever then leave them with Steve at his campground to store. He will haul you for free if you camp with him. Same with Larry's campground. Float for free just pay for camping. 20 bucks for a tube is crazy plus you have to wait for three hours to get hauled up on a busy day. Not my idea of fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Buren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eastwood Indian Reservation ?? (May '08) 2 min reservation 128
One more time 6 hr Gram D 47
Star gloyd 15 hr Also an old friend 4
Matt Simpson (Mar '11) 20 hr Bart 6
looking for michael "SHAWN" Frazier? (Mar '10) Mon Fedup 120
cops comeing to your door asking a bought your... Mon john 9
stan vest (Sep '14) Mon Lev 2

Van Buren Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance