Coroner: Missouri sheriff's fatal shooting self-inflicted

Oct 20, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Belleville News

The Carter County coroner has ruled that Sheriff Greg Melton died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Oct 23, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
unknown

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Judged:

You know I've known Tommy Adams and his father and mother all my life.I just can't believe for one second that a whole community can be so stupidly blind to think that Greg Melton was killed over an election!Maybe people should take a look at a much larger picture.People don't kill themselves over a 35,000 a year job.They do because they are about to be caught in their own tangled web of Deceit.It's also ashamed that the family would try to pawn this on Tommy Adams.Tommy is an upstanding citizen and it's ashamed he is'nt welcomed at the funeral to pay his respects.!!!
Somebody who cares

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Judged:

My thoughts exactly.
Van Buren Local

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Judged:

no thats bull cause the family are the ones griefing and hurting over all this. therefore if they dont want him there and think it well make it harder on the melton family tommy should be a man and accpet that and not be a baby about it. the melton family are the ones hurting not the adams therefore he should respect any wish they have of him not going... and i dont blame the melton family tommy should think about them and stop beeing self centerd
Family member

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Judged:

Tommy is respecting their wishes, Regardless of what people are saying to make Tommy look bad or as if he contributed to Gregs fate in any way. You all that him, know Tommy Adams is a good person who is honest & caring.He is a good husband ,son and brother that loves his family very much. I ask myself each day when I see these post put on here where people are bashing him, why would he want to serve a county that shows him no respect? Most of this trash I'M sure is posted by teenagers he has gave tickets to or stopped for some reason or another and Gregs supporters. The funeral issue is just one of Meltons way to deal with their pain I feel.Keep in mind Tommy is no victim here, Gregs wife and children are the only victims in this. My prayers are for them. As far as Tommy goes he is a strong person and will always be a winner regardless of the election results. But Thank You for the kind words.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Judged:

AMEN!! Van Buren Local!!!!!!!!
Van Buren Local

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Judged:

well adams has never gave me a ticket or any thing. but greg is my vote no matter what any one says. i dont want some punk kid runing the county therefore greg is my vote in his memory cause if he still was here that is who i would want to win.
amazed

La Plata, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Judged:

i am so amazed how people are so quick to judge tommy. Do they really know Tommy Adams? NO i know they do not know the Tommy that I know and RESPECT to the highest. He is a man who will abide by the wishes of Gregs wife and stay away he will Stand tall and be proud of the man & husband that he truly is.
The teens who have caused all of these problems we know who you are. Are you making any impressions on anyone No!!! you are just showing what idiots you all are. One whoes grandfather is a preacher at Ellsinore would you really think he is proud of you if he only knew all the terrible stuff that you have done on this site. Your grandmother who i know thinks the world of you does she know what you have done? if they only knew i really hope they never find out because they both would be totally shocked and blown away. i know they did not raise you to be the way you are.
there is so much more i could say but i won't i just want all of this junk to stop and let the dead rest and the election to go on as planned without any more mud slinging.
Van Buren Local

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Judged:

VOTE FOR MELTON IN MEMORY OF HIM
idonttinkso

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Van Buren Local wrote:
why would we. read the head line. this is what we want our kids to look up to?
Van Buren Local

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

guess you did not know melton as a person and i wll never vote for tommy and i pray to god he does not get it cause he is a jerk

Since: Oct 08

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Judged:

who="idonttinkso"] <quoted text>why would we. read the head line. this is what we want our kids to look up to

What do you mean, this what we want are kids to look up to... they still have no idea if it was self inflicted or an accident!!! perhaps you should read more than the headlines!!
tonto

Westcliffe, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Judged:

sounds like just about everyone around here has watched too man episodes of CSI and have become expersts on crime solving
VB Native

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Judged:

Tommy lost my respect when I saw a drunken video of him trying to cut the head off of a buck with a skilsaw on YouTube. That's definitely not what we want our future leaders see. Ridiculous!!
hooch

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Judged:

VB Native wrote:
Tommy lost my respect when I saw a drunken video of him trying to cut the head off of a buck with a skilsaw on YouTube. That's definitely not what we want our future leaders see. Ridiculous!!
yeah i seen it to man that 6 pack he drank really had him acting stupid
Somebody who cares

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Judged:

Since when is drinking a crime? 99% of the people in this county drink on a daily basis. Who cares what Tommy does in his free time? You all don't go around judging what Greg was doing.
justanotheropini on

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

I think the point was he is an officer of the law and he was not only drunk, but was attempting to cut off the head of an ILLEGALLY taken deer with a skil-saw...both of which are ILLEGAL.

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Judged:

Van Buren Local wrote:
Then what will the county do spend more money ... What did Milton have to hide.. I'm voting for Adams at least he is alive. Keep your Head up Tommy
good ole boy

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Judged:

www wrote:
<quoted text>Then what will the county do spend more money ... What did Milton have to hide.. I'm voting for Adams at least he is alive. Keep your Head up Tommy
Id like to kick tommy boys ass
unknown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Judged:

unknown wrote:
You know I've known Tommy Adams and his father and mother all my life.I just can't believe for one second that a whole community can be so stupidly blind to think that Greg Melton was killed over an election!Maybe people should take a look at a much larger picture.People don't kill themselves over a 35,000 a year job.They do because they are about to be caught in their own tangled web of Deceit.It's also ashamed that the family would try to pawn this on Tommy Adams.Tommy is an upstanding citizen and it's ashamed he is'nt welcomed at the funeral to pay his respects.!!!
Finally someone speaks some truth and isn't sugar coating anything.
observation

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

amazed wrote:
i am so amazed how people are so quick to judge tommy. Do they really know Tommy Adams? NO i know they do not know the Tommy that I know and RESPECT to the highest. He is a man who will abide by the wishes of Gregs wife and stay away he will Stand tall and be proud of the man & husband that he truly is.
The teens who have caused all of these problems we know who you are. Are you making any impressions on anyone No!!! you are just showing what idiots you all are. One whoes grandfather is a preacher at Ellsinore would you really think he is proud of you if he only knew all the terrible stuff that you have done on this site. Your grandmother who i know thinks the world of you does she know what you have done? if they only knew i really hope they never find out because they both would be totally shocked and blown away. i know they did not raise you to be the way you are.
there is so much more i could say but i won't i just want all of this junk to stop and let the dead rest and the election to go on as planned without any more mud slinging.
yes i'm sure they know what he does they just look over everything their boys do!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Van Buren Forum right now

Search the Van Buren Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr REAL AMERICAN PATRIOT 95,803
Dogs rescued from being dumped on highway 7 hr To The Lawbreakers 16
Share your Views&Ideas. Tue Sheelamariner 1
Big Spring Restaurant Closing THREE YEARS!! Tue Hungry 35
Jolly cone Mon Ann 21
Van Buren's biggest IDIOT Gene Deffendall Mon Local 1
missing dog Jul 28 floater 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Van Buren Jobs

•••