Police Investigating Apparent Murder/...

Police Investigating Apparent Murder/Suicide

There are 89 comments on the KXAS-TV story from Aug 4, 2007, titled Police Investigating Apparent Murder/Suicide. In it, KXAS-TV reports that:

McKinney police are investigating what appears to be a murder/suicide that occurred shortly after 6:30 a.m. Saturday at a Shell Station in the 4900 block of Eldorado Parkway, police said. via KXAS-TV

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXAS-TV.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Proud to be a Texan

Dallas, TX

#1 Aug 6, 2007
My family knew this kid that did the shooting. I can't express my sorrow for for both of these families.
sam

Downers Grove, IL

#2 Aug 6, 2007
my aunt knew both of them
she hired the kid who did the shooting.
then fired him.
that was such a tragedy.
stacy mckinney tx

United States

#3 Aug 7, 2007
did both of the victims work at shell?
Melanie

Denver, CO

#4 Aug 7, 2007
Yes, but Byrd hasn't worked there for a long time. My cousin, Brad Evans, worked there for several years. He was a great guy, and I'm tired of seeing all of these posts on the articles about how theis Byrd guy was such a good kid and this came as a shock because if you had seen this sicko's myspace page, it wouldn't have been a shock to anyone. A bunch of guns, vidoes of him shooting them, and a Virginia Tech banner to boot. If you saw Brad's page however, you would have seen what a good kid HE was, he loved his life and everyone in it. He never met a stranger and was always the sweetest guy that you could ever meet. He was my cousin and I love him, he will be missed by a LOT of people. Even if you barely knew him, I guarantee that he touched your life in some way or another. It wasn't his time to go, maybe it was Byrd's, but not Brad's. Byrd took his life from him and took him from our family long before it was time for him to go.
----Melanie, Dallas, TX
stupidisasstupid does

United States

#5 Aug 7, 2007
Here is the address to his myspace page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...

Since: Jul 07

Grand Prairie, TX

#6 Aug 8, 2007
What is really disturbing is the fact that a neighbor stated “He was responsible enough that if someone drank too much, he would make sure they would stay at the house and he would always clean up the house before they (his parents) got home,” she said.“He was a typical teenager.”

Well, he wasn't responsible enough when he was convicted to the misdemeanor charge filed by McKinney police officers after his arrest on Dec. 28, 2005 for driving while intoxicated, and received a 60 day county jail sentence and a year of probation.

He wasn't responsible enough when the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission charged him with selling alcohol to minors on Aug. 3, 2006, while he worked at the Shell gas station on Eldorado Parkway.

He wasn't responsible enough when MPD charged him with another misdemeanor on Nov. 25, 2006, for discharging a weapon within city limits. Byrd pleaded guilty to the additional charge June 1 and the court sentenced him to 90 days in the county jail and extended his probation.

And his wanting to join the military probably had to do more with wanting to kill rather than serve his country. Watching his MYSPACE opens one eyes to that.

And what's this about him being one subject away from his "home school" graduation. Was he kicked out of the public school system.

I'll bet he has a juvenile record trail from his past that would eliminate him from being a "normal teenager".

Read the latest story - http://www.scntx.com/articles/2007/08/08/mcki...

And visit the Collin County Court where you can pull up his 3 criminal convictions all finalized on the same date, 06/01/2007 - http://www.co.collin.tx.us/rsp-bin/pbkr125.pg...

Sounds like to me he had 2 months of mulling over his screwups that were preventing him from killing in the military, and chose to take it out on some innocent person making an honest living. Might be that Brad was being blamed by Christopher Byrd, for Christopher's predicaments, brought on by his own fault.

My condolences go out to the Evans family. I have a hard time offering the same for Christopher's family. They must have known something was wrong with their son and are just having a hard time admitting it, and possibly, doing something to help their son. I guess they are just "typical parents".
jason

Bryn Mawr, PA

#7 Aug 10, 2007
chief kielbasa you should be ashamed of your self. both familys are goin thru the same rite now and to say the things that you did about his family are just wrong.he did not know him at all so you should be ashamed of yourself. i am not sayin wut he did was right because it definately wasnt. but to post comments like that you have no right when you didnt know chris.i was his best friend for some time and am disgusted that you would put such things. sure you can get on him for the things he got into trouble for. but to trash someone after they had passed. you have no heart and no soul.
from friend to friend

Burlington, NJ

#8 Aug 10, 2007
Jason I agree with you. All these people judge and they have no idea what was really going on. What chris did was wrong and there are no excuses. Jason I think I know you from mckinney you and chris use to come over to hang with Jen at my house

Grand Prairie, TX

#9 Aug 10, 2007
Jason, and From a friend to a friend,
If Chris Byrd didn't kill himself, he would ave been taken to trial for murder, and "judged" by 12 of his peers, and I guarantee you he would have been found guilty and given the death penalty for his heinous crime. Be disgusted all you want, Chris Byrd was no good and his parents had to have known their son was not a "typical teenager".
Brad Evans was a great guy, always helpful and friendly to his customers. There are many that will miss him, including me. Not many will miss his killer who took the easy way out and blew out what little brains he had.

Grand Prairie, TX

#10 Aug 10, 2007
Jason, from friend to friend, read on....
Posted by "confused" -
"It was the act of a coward to take someone elses life to give you the nerve to take your own. Brad and Chris knew each other very well. I am sure the story goes much deaper than we will ever know. I know I have lost someone very special to me through this tragedy. I just can't understand why his family did nothing to address his depression. They knew! I know that for a fact!"
Find it here -
http://www.topix.com/city/mckinney-tx/2007/08...
Stephen Byrd_Uncle

Danville, VA

#11 Aug 10, 2007
I am hoping that the young man who was with Chris all night the night before will come out of hidiong and shed some light on what happened to cause Chris to do what he did on this past Saturday.
As for you, my friend, I hope nothing like this ever happens to ones you know and love. Chris was not a bad person.
His service was the most difficult I have ever had to perform.

Grand Prairie, TX

#12 Aug 11, 2007
Stephen Byrd_Uncle wrote:
Chris was not a bad person.
HUH? Chris was not a bad person?

Convicted to the misdemeanor charge filed by McKinney police officers after his arrest on Dec. 28, 2005 for driving while intoxicated, and received a 60 day county jail sentence and a year of probation.

Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission charged him with selling alcohol to minors on Aug. 3, 2006, while he worked at the Shell gas station on Eldorado Parkway.

MPD charged him with another misdemeanor on Nov. 25, 2006, for discharging a weapon within city limits. Byrd pleaded guilty to the additional charge June 1 and the court sentenced him to 90 days in the county jail and extended his probation.

Did not graduate High School and was now going on 21 years of age.

Refused by the military to join the service because of his criminal record and his inability to graduate high school like most teenagers do.

Posted a myspace page that promoted violence and had obscene language in it.

Yeah, right, his family continues to wear "blinders", and refuse to face reality.
Karen Reinke

Glen Burnie, MD

#13 Aug 11, 2007
Hello,

If this is Steve Byrd, I am your 2nd cousin, Norma Jeans daughter.

To all of you out there bad mouthing the parent...I did not know Chris personally, but know that his parents were good Christian people. As a parent myself, I know from experience that sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, say or how you raise your kids. You can beat your head against the wall and you still sometimes CANNOT control what your kids are doing. Especially once they turn 18. I don't know the whole story, haven't even read the new paper report yet but Give the Parents a Break. It was Chris's decision to do what he did, not the parents.
I am hoping that the young man who was with Chris all night the night before will come out of hidiong and shed some light on what happened to cause Chris to do what he did on this past Saturday.
As for you, my friend, I hope nothing like this ever happens to ones you know and love. Chris was not a bad person.

Since: Aug 07

Glen Burnie, MD

#14 Aug 11, 2007
Hello,

If this is Steve Byrd, I am your 2nd cousin, Norma Jeans daughter.

To all of you out there bad mouthing the parent...I did not know Chris personally, but know that his parents were good Christian people. As a parent myself, I know from experience that sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, say or how you raise your kids. You can beat your head against the wall and you still sometimes CANNOT control what your kids are doing. Especially once they turn 18. I don't know the whole story, haven't even read the new paper report yet but Give the Parents a Break. It was Chris's decision to do what he did, not the parents.

Glen Burnie, MD

#15 Aug 11, 2007
Sorry...that makes me your 1st cousin, not second
Stephen Byrd_Uncle

Salem, VA

#16 Aug 11, 2007
Karen Reinke wrote:
Sorry...that makes me your 1st cousin, not second
<quoted text>
Yes, 1st cousin. Thank you for the comment!

Unfortunately, there are too many who seem to gain pleasure from other's misery.
Stephen Byrd Uncle

Salem, VA

#17 Aug 11, 2007
Chief_Kielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
HUH? Chris was not a bad person?
Convicted to the misdemeanor charge filed by McKinney police officers after his arrest on Dec. 28, 2005 for driving while intoxicated, and received a 60 day county jail sentence and a year of probation.
Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission charged him with selling alcohol to minors on Aug. 3, 2006, while he worked at the Shell gas station on Eldorado Parkway.
MPD charged him with another misdemeanor on Nov. 25, 2006, for discharging a weapon within city limits. Byrd pleaded guilty to the additional charge June 1 and the court sentenced him to 90 days in the county jail and extended his probation.
Did not graduate High School and was now going on 21 years of age.
Refused by the military to join the service because of his criminal record and his inability to graduate high school like most teenagers do.
Posted a myspace page that promoted violence and had obscene language in it.
Yeah, right, his family continues to wear "blinders", and refuse to face reality.
Your constant negative comments about other people whom you don't know, nor will you ever know, amazes me.

I know quite a few people who have been convicted of misdemeanors who aren't bad people.

Also, check the convenience store employees. Chris wasnt the only one to sell alcohol to a minor. He was the only one to have been released for doing do.

Firing a weapon may not be a wise thing to do, but using that as a reason to brand him a "bad person".
Unknown

Danville, VA

#18 Aug 11, 2007
Chief, you are so full of hatred and resentment. Is everything OK with you??

Grand Prairie, TX

#19 Aug 11, 2007
Hey Unknown, How do you come up with me being so full of hate and resentment? Nothing I said was full of hate or resentment. I only stated facts. Chris Byrd was a bad person. His drunk driving could have killed an innocent person or YOU! His firing a weapon in the city limits for fun could have killed an innocent person or YOU! His selling alcohol to minors could have endangered the minors, and killed them, or, if they were driving, killed an innocent person or YOU!

Everything OK with you, Unknown? I think you may have a few loose screws in your head. Been on Chris Byrd's myspace page too long.:-):-)

Glen Burnie, MD

#20 Aug 11, 2007
I know what you mean, Vicki and I both have kids 23-24 years old and there is alot for them to learn. My oldest just experienced her first major tragedy on Wednesday. She was with a friend who died after jumping into the shallow end of a pool. Jumping into a pool is something he did daily. She helped give him CPR to no avail. Many will say it was because alcohol was involved, but this kid too, was not a bad kid - they were simply doing what many their age do.

Mom just told me about this today.
Hope you are all doing well!!
<quoted text>
Yes, 1st cousin. Thank you for the comment!
Unfortunately, there are too many who seem to gain pleasure from other's misery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Van Alstyne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
North Creek (Mar '13) Jun 11 JeffPhillips 19
Moving to anna Jun 9 Nunyasusie 2
Country Ridge subdivision May '16 Gertie 4
Debate: Marijuana - Whitewright, TX (Sep '10) Mar '16 Ben diver 4
Vote For Donald Trump Feb '16 Taxpayers Revolt 1
News New trial date scheduled for former Bonham yout... (Oct '15) Feb '16 Anonymous 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Van Alstyne Mortgages