Time traveler is a fast mover

Posted in the Valliant Forum

First Prev
of 21
Next Last
what dayaknow

Mabank, TX

#1 Mar 16, 2009
I met up with Time traveler after I met Night Crawler. We talked for a little bit and then he said he had to go. He travels through time like a speeding clock. He even talks fast. Said he had a lot of time to make up and things to see. Did you see him traveling through the sky. he is fast as a shooting star. Sometimes things are slow and sometimes things are mighty fast.
what dayaknow

Mabank, TX

#2 Mar 16, 2009
And I thought nothing happened in Valliant. Why I met a worn whose name was Night crawler. He told me about his home under the ground and how warm it was. then I met Time Traveler. He told me about his travels and of the many different places he had been and seen. But htats another story for later. And the last person I met when I wasleaving valliant was Mr. Chicken Farmer and his many friends. One Eye the Rooster, Little Bitty the hen(OneEyes' wife, And Night Owl the Owl, And last but the biggest was Old Jack, the Jackas. I was invited to stop by and visit later. Mr. Chicken Farmer said he had a big barn for his friends to live in and had some more friends at home, Bones the dog he said was one of his favorites. Plus many more friends. I believe I will stop by their and visit soon. byby God Bless Tis has been a nice nightfor visiting. Glad I stopped by in Valliant. things do happen here, don't they.
what dayaknow

United States

#3 Mar 17, 2009
I was watching for time traveler .I thought I saw him streaking through the niht sky like a shooting star. If it was him he surewas in a hurry. He had no plans to stop this night and visit. Well, guess I will get on down the road. got a piece to go yet before I can lay my head down to reast. GOD BLESS
what dayaknow

United States

#4 Mar 17, 2009
nIGHT CRAWLER WAS ON THE MOVE AGIN TO NIGHT. He just had time to say hello and goodby. It is a good thing I carry my house with me. believe I will camp out o the Glover River tonight. Get up early in the morning and maybe catch some fish for lunch. I eat oat meal for breakfast each morning. I add a little sweet peach jam to my oat meal,makes it real tasty. byby.
time traveler

United States

#5 Mar 17, 2009
Dang I nearly ran over a turtle at wright city. sio I stopped and helped him cross the road. He was a little heavy and moving slow for a turtle. Guess it was old age. I picked him up and he said hello to me. I told him my name amd he said he was called Slow Mover because he moved extremely slow. I asked him if he knew if the fish were biging in the Glover river.. He did not know because he hd never been there and had heard nothing about the fish. He told me only minnows lived in the creek near his house. He said he was feeling chilly and had to hurry home before he got to cold and stopped moving. Turtles can not move if they get to cold he told me. So I gave him a short ride in my pickup and dropped him off near his house, He said he lived under a big rock in a small cave. then I continued on my journey to the Glover River. byby Hope Slow Mover makes it home before he gets to cold.
what dayaknow

Richardson, TX

#6 Mar 18, 2009
I sure enjoyed my over night stay on Glover River. I done a little fishing, but the fish just were not biting very fast. I caught enough fish for my lunch. I had a nice breakfast, had sausage,gravy and biscuits, and 2 eggs. stayed and cooked lunch and just enjoyed the quiet. there was a nice silence. I sat in my easy chair and read a few pages in my book.The book was written by Louis L'amour, titled JUBAL SACKETT. The story is about the Westward trek of people going to the plains to hunt,explore, and make a new beginning for and seek out a new future for theirselves and families. This book was about Jubal Sackett seeking new land land for his father and the members of the family. It has started out in an interesting way in the first few pages I have read. I believe I will buy a few more books by Louis L'Amour and the series about the Sackett Family. At this time I have a library containg about 3 to 4 thousant books. Most about the history of our country.
what dayaknow

Richardson, TX

#7 Mar 18, 2009
After breaking camp to continue on journey I went to the Valliant Topix and saw an entry from a lady named susie. She thinks life is slow in Valliant, it may be slow, but very nice and enjoyable. Even have the time to enjoy a good book once in a while. I ran into Time Traveler on the Glover River. He too was enjoying hisself and doing a little fishing. He told me about meeting up with Slow Mover, a turtle in Wright city. Slow mover told him about living under a rock in a cave. Can you imagine meeting a turtle and fing out where he lives. Even Night Crawler lives in a hole in the ground. I told Time Traveler about my new book. He said he had alreadyread the book Jubal Sackett, it was a very good and interesting book about the west. I told him about the topix subject and how people think life is to slow. He said that if people had to travel as fast as he, they would enjoy a slow day. A slow day gives a person time to really enjoy life and see how nice the world really is. byby time Traveler, have a nice day folks. GOD BLESSgotta be on my way.
what dayaknow

United States

#8 Mar 19, 2009
Guess I will spend another night on the Glover River. Time Traveler told me about the old pickup he drove some time. He said he rode in the pickup when wanted a slow day and to enjoy life at a very slow pace. He said his days and especially his nights were spend in high gear traveling the world at a high burst of speed. He told me that speed at times surely made him tired. So he and I spend most of the day sittingg on the ground with our backs up against a couple of trees. Time traveler told me it surely was a relaxing day. We just sat, relaxed, and talked and enjoyed life as it passed by. Well, guess I will stay another on Glover and enjoy the silence. Sometimes I can hear an owl calling in the dark asking who is there, he just keeps saying Whoo--- whoooo. He sounds so lonely,maybe he would like to talk to me for a while. I like to talk to owls. So I went walking and finally found him sitting all alone on a limb.--So I introduced myself, He asked who was I?? He kept saying whooo ==whooooo. Finaly he told me his name was Night Owl, We talked for a while. He was a real good listener. He told me about his wife, Momma Owl. They had 14 kids. They had hatched out from 4 different settings of eggs. I finally told Night Owl I had to go and he said whoooo. He was a nice courteous owl. I made it back to my pick up and went to bed. good night everybody GOD BLESS see you later.
what dayaknow

Dallas, TX

#9 Mar 24, 2009
I had stopped of near North pole ok. where Santa Claus lives to visit awhile. I asked him if he heard about the Wright City lumber mill closing. He told me he knew about it and allthe people had lost their jobs. then he told he had also lost his job and had his house forclosed on also. bad news is happening all the time these days. He told me he was ging to have to move in a few days and did not know where he would move too. he was broke hesaid. He was not even elgible for unemployeement benefits. Woe is he. Another sad day, this day. they had even forclosed on his sled and reindeer. Its getting worse than I thought. Santa does not even have a sled to ride in any more. Isn't that sad little boys and girls. He just told me he would be alright, but he was worried about the W.C employees losing their jobs. What will they do. I bet they feel betrayed by Weyrhauser.
what dayaknow

Dallas, TX

#10 Mar 25, 2009
Ater visiting with Santa Claus for a while I left and camped out on Glover River above Bear Mountain lookout tower. Had a nice and enjoyable evening there and decided to spend the night. when I woke up the next morning I cooked some flap jacks and was on my way agin. I decided to stop by and visit Mr. Chicken Farmer. He was in his barn when I arrived at his house. We said our hellos and he then showed me around his barn and introduced me to his many animal friends. Mam o live did he have a lot of animal friends living in his barn. He had old one eye the rooster, his hen,one eyes wife== his wife. He even had a goat for a friend. He let me pet his friend the jackas, a donkey. He even kept a large catfish in a large tub of wat-his name was Cat. He said he had him dor a friend for 7 years. Even some small perch was swimming in the tub. Many pigions were flying around the barn.Chicken Farmer invited me to stay for supper and stay overnight. I accepted his invitation. I think I will have a nice visit here at chicken farmers place. byby for now. I will be back late
what dayaknow

Dallas, TX

#11 Mar 25, 2009
Did I tell you about meeting Turtle Woman at Glover River near Bear mountain. She was quite old. She said she was a member of the turtle clan. She moved quite slow. she told me about her many travels in the wilds near glover river and BeAR MOUNTAIN. She had lived a very interesting life. She told me about living through the Great Depression of the 1930s and how hard life had been for so many people. She told me about how some of the men in her family had worked for President Roosevelt's Workers Progressive Administration, usually called the WPA. I shall have to retun there in a few days and visit with Turtle Woman agin. She told me som very interesting stories about her live. She said she voted for President Roosevelt each time he was elected to office. Now folks that is history that was made.
what dayaknow

United States

#12 Mar 27, 2009
Boy Howdy, have I had a wonderfull time in my meanderings in McCurtain County. I have met many animal friends and talked to them. Gone fishing in Glover River, had my breakfast on the river banks. Even met Time Traveler, he sure was a fast mover. He could travel throgh the sky as fast as a shooting star.!! Nothing slow about his travels through the sky. He had traveled all around the world. Hope to meet him agin some time. I now watch the skys to maybe see him during his travels. I think tomorrow I will travel to Idabel to visit the Dinosaur Museum there. I hear it is quite interesting.They have recently enlarged the museum to have more room for more displays. Can not wait till tommor comes. Itgets exciting around here some times during my travels. I even seen some logging trucks to day on # 3 hyway. Guess I will park some where and get ready to go to bed. I will park under Glover River Bridge tonight, and listen to the water trickling over the rocks. Maybe do some fishing in the morning. Night everyone. God Bless
what dayaknow

Dallas, TX

#13 Mar 31, 2009
I visited with Mr. Chicken Farmer to day and he asked me to spend the night. He told me he was fixing a big pot of beans. He is watching his dollars since the depression started while Bush was in office he said. he had heard of the lay offs at the paper plant nad the closing of W.C. plant. He sure is worried about his children, 2 of them are drawing unemployeement. Mr. Farmer showed me the rest of his animals-jack the donkey he rides- old 1 eye the rooster-and Mrs. Biddy 1 eyes wife, the hen. it was amazing to see all the animals he had for friends. he even had a baby pig, a little baby snake he callled crawler because he was always crawling somewhere to hide. later in the even we went inside and had a good pot of beans for supper,with hot biscuits and butter. Yes, Mr. Farmer has a milk cow for milk and butter. He churns the butter himself in a butter churn he got from his mother a long time ago. He made some very good butter. Even his cow was a small jersey cow. She done a lot of mooing while being milked that day. After we had our evening meal Mr Farmer and I played several games of checkers. He said checkers washis favorite game to play. It was getting late after we finished our last game so I said good night and went ot bed in my traveling house on my pickup. Goodnight every one
what dayaknow

Dallas, TX

#14 Mar 31, 2009
And GOD BLESS
what dayaknow

Dallas, TX

#15 Apr 21, 2009
yes sirree, I had a peasant time traveling to Broken Bow, Ne. Found out that people up there go out and live with their sheep in a tent iieven in the winter. cold it what it gets there,real cold. Why I think I even even saw time traveler streaking through the northern shy on that short visit. He ooked as if he were a bolt of lighning traveling through the sky. Real brght, that is. He was traveling so fast he did not even wave hi or goodby. He is a fast traveler. Any way I met these folks in my travels that I heard f by rumor that just decided to move out to lie in a tent where their goats were at. Now this place was really out in the middle of no=no where. Why a man could just feel lost ust looking into nowhere, because that is where it was at,nowhere. But I did enjoy my traveling there. But it sure was cold. In fact I think it could have been colder than cold. It was freezing. But I did have an enjoyable time in my travels. Glad to be traveling around Valliant and McCurtain County agin. It is a sight more warmer down here than up there. Happy days are here agin. I may just start calling this home, well away from home. Why I might just stop by and visit Mr. Chicken Farmer and his animal friends soon. Might just get invited to supper agin and an overnight stay. that would be nice. byby.
what dayaknow

Dallas, TX

#16 Apr 21, 2009
Hello Jack, hech I might even stop by and visit you and that dog of yours JackJack. Have a nice time. Are you still riding that bicyle of yours??
what dayaknow

United States

#17 May 10, 2009
Jack, how is that dog of yours, jack jack. How is old Red doing. does he like to run away and travel aliitle bit. oh, you say once in a while. I used to have a dog that liked to travel, only he liked to go hunting with me. We hunted squirrels togather . He like to tree and bark at squierrels.
what dayaknow

United States

#18 May 10, 2009
I also had a BILY GOAT I by the name of Suicide BILLY. He likes to rear up on his back legs and eat leaves aND LIMBS OFF OF TREES. iT WAS HIS FAVORITE FOOD. He also liked to climb on my car and walk around on it. Just could not keep him off of that car. Guess he liked to get in high places so he coldsee far off. He was just like jacj jack ,your dog. He liked to go roaming around and enjoy his freedon too. Maybe I will come by and visit you on one of my trips. I have a lot of fun on my trips just roaming around looking to see what I can see and enjoying life. see ya sometime.
what dayaknow

Mabank, TX

#19 May 11, 2009
I met a fella that calls himself just passing by. Seems like a good enough fella. we sat om my back bumper of my house on my pickup and had a nice chat. He told me of his adventuresof living along the red river many years ago and cating big cat fish and lard drum fish. Told about the 92 pound cat fish he and a friend caught out of the Kiamichi where it ran into the Red. Said it liked to have drouned his friend who had his hand down that fishes mouth into his intrals. nearly pulled him out of the boat before they finall got that cat into the boat. Said it just would not keep from talking and asking to be put back into the river so he could go home to see his wie. Why I reckon old just passing by could understand cat fish talk real good. I always wondered what they was saying when they just kept flopping their jaws and never shutting up. Dang if Old Glover River aint up real high this night. It is really rolling. Bet someone is getting flooded out down river. Even the big RED was up when I came across the bridge. byby guess I will get some sleep tonight. sota damp though. Looks like another rain is coming.
what dayaknow

United States

#20 May 13, 2009
I was out today and just taking it easy watching the glover River go down as it had come up quite a bit during the rain we have been having. Some of the roads are flooded out to. I came accross a person I had not ween in quite a spell. He calls himself Just Wondering By. Very interesting feller. He got to telling me about his youth and growing up in the country. He sure could tell some stories of what he had seen and done in his youth. He and I swapped a few stories about our lives as we lived it in such a long-a-go time. I told him about the many times I went out side and tried to catch enough lighnig bugs to read by. Why each time I got enough to get a good glowing, flashing on and off light I would try to read my book by the light. But by then the dang sun would be coming up and it would be daylight. So I would have to turn all the lighnig buga loose,then go in the house and eat breakfast. I sure did hate to run out of keroseen as that meant I could not read my books. that was my favorite thing to do. read about pirates,Huck Finn and his adventures on the misssissippi river. I got to travel many places and to see many things. Reading was my greatest adventure, that is besides running out of keroseen and trying to catch enough lightning bugs to read by. byby Jack see ya later maybe how is jack jack.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valliant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Idabel coach with a drug conviction? 2 hr no way 2
Who do you support for Associate District Judge... (Oct '10) 4 hr Goldie 27
Cindy morell Mon Pissed off man 1
Brandon Mangrum (Bean) ARRESTED! (Aug '12) Sun Hep A 19
Chris Williams Aug 18 Nonyabiz1996 1
Jerry Meek (Sep '15) Aug 18 oh hmm 11
tanner Armstrong Aug 17 none ya 1

Valliant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance