Social Security is not going broke,its a fact

Posted in the Valliant Forum

pappy

Plano, TX

#1 May 18, 2012
Do you keep on hearing that rumor by Republicans that the social; security is going broke and the Socail Security account is not growing? Fact is in 2011 the Social account had a balance of 2.7 trillion dollars in it and grew by 95 bilion dollars in 2011. that 95 billion dollars was the extra money that came in and was a surplus that was added to our social security account. And the social account is expected to keep growing and adding a surplus money to the account for years to come.
pappy

Plano, TX

#2 May 18, 2012
Ever wonder why the rich ,along with the republicans keep saying and trying to convince the people paying to the socail security fund ? They want that chunk of money for the rich. For now that social security fund is borrowed by the goverment and that growing surplus is sitting there in front of those rich folks and it is just like a jar of candy in front of a kid--that kid wants to dip into that candy jar. Already it benefits the rich as it is used and applied to lower thair taxes and put them in alower tax bracket. Do you see the republicans even try to pass a highway bill to fix our highways or bridges and the rest of the infrastructure--nope, and you will not as that surplus is not doing anything for the rich. NOTHING>. Waht has happened to our gas taxes that is suppose to be used to fix our highways and build new roads. Probably applies to lowerinmg and pay for thsoe tax cuts so the rich never have to pay taxes except a lower tax rate than the working middle class. So much for hoping our infrastruct will be repaired and crete new jobs. the Republicans control; the house of representatives which writes spending billsso they control all tax and spending bills.
pappy

Plano, TX

#3 May 18, 2012
Now just think --Rommney wants to do away with the social security and medicare programs calling them entitlements. Dam right they are entitlements and I am entitilied to them as I paid for that right to collect my medicare and social security as has everyone paying into the Social security funds programmsand its 2.7 trillion dollars and growing. It grew by 97 billion dollars last year. NICE chunk of money aint it. And the rich want it.
SSI

Stillwater, OK

#4 May 19, 2012
I wish they would do away with it. Give the money I've paid in for the past 30+ years back to me and let me invest it how I see fit. There are way too many people in this country collecting SSI who have never paid a cent in.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#5 May 19, 2012
SSI, get the real; facts on the value of the benefits a person will draw from Social security. It will pay more than you will earn in interet or on Wall Street investments. Don't believe me, just take the benefits check you get or the amount you will recieve and figure how much you would need to recieve in interest paid on the same amount of what your depaoits are and you will end up in the hole. You wioll recieve more in S.S. benefits than what you can recieve in investments or intereest. Don't believe me , just put the adding mackine to it and do a little figuring. S.S. benefits are better than a wall street investment. It does not looose its value as you can do with Wall Street investments. Know a doctor who has a Wall Street investments and he still has not earned back waht he lost in 2008.Besides does a Walll street investment take care of you if you become disabled at a young age? or does it payof death benefits to your family and kids? You can go broke on Wall street ,which S.S. does not do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valliant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unsolved Homicides in McCurtain County, Oklahoma (Jul '11) Thu bystander 186
Larry Hendrix...divorced? Thu grace 1
Merry Christmas To Those Who Understand The Alg... Wed Steely Dan 2
snorty morgan recent information?? (Oct '12) Dec 23 truthgirl1976 37
Who Owns Cedar Shed? Dec 23 TxA chick 5
Whatever does it mean? I woke up in a dream. Dec 22 HoChiMinhMisterMu... 1
OSBI Agents Investigate Choctaw Co. Officer-Inv... Dec 21 Go Fish Go 7
Valliant Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web